The new PSOF LG Kit order process

Comments

• The PSOF Kit Fairy wrote (see)
    M..o.use wrote (see)

......one would hope that someone who is doing something voluntarily would also be doing it with some degree of empathy for the community with whom they are working.

Ouch! image

I don't think Mouse meant it to sound quite like that Schmunks.

• Prince Siegfried wrote (see)

All the posters, so far, on this thread are experienced Pirates. Haven't you all got enough Pirate kit?  

Would I be too much of a heretic to suggest that if Schmunks organises it, she gets to say when it's done?

So, I'm with Foo and Raf!  If new Pirates can't get their arses in gear to get the kit in a timely fashion they'll have to beg, borrow or steal it!  Plenty of kit out there!

+1 

I am new on here and managed to get some kit after the last order, from people who got the wrong size etc. I agree that is a fantastic job that Schmunks does and she should be able to dictate the policy

• I suspect it doesnt matter if we agree or not with the date

It would appear it is not going to change

• ... although that is not stopping anyone else from getting enough orders of the required items and sorting it out in addition to the annual order.
    LG have all our artwork and what have you

• Now there's an idea Melds! Perhaps I should order a whole batch of tri shorts directly from the source,  then I'll never need to worry about ordering any more and Schmunks won't have to fret about the money transfer from my bank to hers!

• right

Just to let you know i am going to try and organise an interim order........only considering trishorts, monacos and armwarmers.....it will be a quick turn over hopefully and will go ahead as long as i get 6.will start a new thread

just to help any like myself that missed the last order for them and are in need image

• Good shout Seren

I think interim orders will work well if someone is prepared to take on the order/dispatch process and then the annual one can take place when it likes

• would be great if LG would just sell individual pieces and everyone could order direct.but they won't can't.....

keeping a range of all the stock would be really expensive so unfortunately the only choice is a group order.........

hopefully this smaller  one will take a bit of pressure off the main one next spring....

• Yeah, I think we broached that one before ... I think they need the minimum orders to do the print run within budget, you can go and order what you like within reason but you will pay a lot more
    these smaller interim orders should fill that void

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I'm sure I recall a dialogue somewhere discussing an LG service where you can order stock item by item for team kit. I think it was Cat5 that mentioned it. I'm fairly certain that Schmunkee said we couldn't use that service but I'm a bit foggy. Maybe Schmunks could remind us what she found out?

• Its ringing bells Mousey..but then again, I am gettin on a bit    image

• Fortunately, LG offer a service called Pick Pay Ride where they take on all admin including collating the order, payment, and despatch of kit. 

Unfortunately, they do not offer it to international customers image

• Hahaha! The perfect cross-post

• You could develop an Ecommerce store for the Pirate kit where there is a running total of the number of orders placed for each of the items. In this way someone would not need to manage the individual item orders once or twice a year. As each person placed their order so they would pay for the item(s) there and then. This would also save on trying to get the money in from each person.

Once an item reaches it's minimum order number an order can be placed with the supplier. Anyone wishing to buy an item would see where the current standing was for this item being sent to the supplier.

Hope this makes sense.

If you think this would help let me know and I can have a chat with the current person(s) who place the orders.

• The current person is me image

• LOL - Do you think this would be of help?

• I know this has been discussed many times over the years but times and kit do change.  There are a number of manufacturers that do online club stores where you can make ad hoc orders but also with the option for bulk orders with reduced prices.

My cycling club is in the process of swapping to one of these - the club shop will has a password so you can restrict who can buy the kit if you want.

It might make things easier for Smucks while allowing a bit more flexibility in between bulk order requirements.  

• Maddy - Here's one I know of like what you mention that supply cycling gear...

http://www.pslteamsports.com/vcgs.html

• I think Seren's kit order has proven that a kit order can be started as late as March and the kit still arrives late May/early June.  As the PSOF HIM of choice seems to be Outlaw HIM this works well

I therefore intend to keep the start date for the kit order as 1 February especially as those proposing an earlier start date were in the minority.

If people are truly desperate for kit before late May/early June it is their responsibility to engage on the forum to see if they can borrow any image

It would also be great if there could be no more interim orders as has been suggested. It causes confusion as far as LG are concerned as to who they should be dealing with

But most important of all, it may now prove harder for me to secure the additional discounts I have in the past when submitting an annual order in excess of £8k a time. 

I am sure you would all like to continue to benefit from those discounts image

• a coincidence.i was thinking kit this morning during my pool swim......and worked out i really want a cycling jacket for next years event......which is late may......will this fit in with the kit order or will I have to go back to the drawing board

• Does it really cause confusion with LG? Over the years, they've dealt with several different people and they know it's the same group, because of our logo. I think they're probably grown up enough to manage to deal with whoever is in charge of the particular order at the time and the discounts are due to the size of the order so I reckon they can honour them whoever is answering their emails.

Good job on this one Seren and thanks again in advance for your continued work, Schmunkee.

• flyaway wrote (see)

the discounts are due to the size of the order so I reckon they can honour them whoever is answering their emails.

Exactly, and I haven't implied the discounts are due to me in particular asking, but we cannot secure the discounts if we sumiiting two or three smaller orders instead of one big one

• seren nos wrote (see)

a coincidence.i was thinking kit this morning during my pool swim......and worked out i really want a cycling jacket for next years event......which is late may......will this fit in with the kit order or will I have to go back to the drawing board

As I said, you started your kit order in March and was able to have the kit in late May.  I would be starting the process one month earlier than that. 

Adiitonal I could cut the time the book is open two weeks weeks and spped it up that way?

This is of course subject to hitting minimum on the cycle jackets which has often been a problem image

• Thanks for clarification Schmunkee..