The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• J8 -Welcome back. I think a few of us are still up for a BS recce Sunday (Start to Edale) . Was discussing with ES and GBM at track on Monday anyway.

M6 - Not forgotton that I still have your headtorch ! Will return it when I next see you. I am going to invest in one in time for BS. Can anyone recommended a particular make/model ?

• FOAR- i noticed that sweatshop had a cateye one in the sale, they are a decent make. reduced from 45 to 18 quid. I reckon it is a good deal. Also do people know that if you have an engalnd athletics card you get 20% off their adidas gear
  • **Bullock Smithy run - Sunday 11 July

It's been suggested that we run the middle bit (Edale to Earl Sterndale).  This is a 17 mile section but we'll need to turn off about a mile before Earl Sterndale (on the A515) so we can run the 6 miles back to Buxton, so we'll be doing 22 miles in total.

Transport

Depart 8.06am train from Marple to Edale (departs New Mills Central at 8.14am) arriving 8.32am.
    Return 12.27pm or 1.27pm from Buxton to Hazel Grove (stops at New Mills Newtown on way back).

Logistics

Eric to pick up FOAR at 7.30am and meet GBM at Hazel Grove station car park at 7.45am.  GBM to get a lift with Eric to Marple station where we leave Eric's car and meet Jonah.  Meet WITGB & Isaac at New Mills station.  On the way back GBM drops off FOAR via Marple station where Eric can retrieve his car. 

4 hours should be enough time to do the run and get the 12.27pm train back.  FOAR - you will therefore get home about 1.15pm.

Participants

Eric
    GBM
    FOAR
    Jonah
    WITGB?
    Isaac?

Anyone else?

• DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

PPP - I am in Gatley, whereabouts are you? If it's out of your way to come and get us, clairster and I can meet up first then meet you out there...
    are we going to park at Crowden?
    if we parked at the transmitter, we could do the big loop first, then depending on time/knackeredness we could nosey down t'other side o't'hill
    what time are we looking to start? 8:00am?

• morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

Hope it all went well last night. Already a positive review on the site so i assume it did ! image

• DTS- Gatley is OK. I can pick you up at 8.00,

Clairster- do you wnt me to pick you up too? just lt me know.

I don't know where the big transmitter is (maybe it should be bigger) I will when I see it. But I will do whatever makes most sense and I am sure you know what you are doing!

re Offerton ditto Mort
  • Eric--Genius!!! Why are the Hazel Grove bits underlined? Is it to help me to understand the plan?
  • morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    GBM- Please tell us how last night went.
  • clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    PPP, that would be great, or I can drive to Gatley? I am in W Didsbury, Palatine Road, next to the Northern Tennis Club. Would it make more sense for me and Daz to come to you? I am happy with whatever suits all, so let me know where and when. I would offer to drive the whole thing but my car is very old and falling apart. I will try and make some flapjack over the next couple of days image
  • Clairster- I am not far from you at all, Heaton Meresy so I can pick you up 7:45 outside the Nortern Lawn then drive to Gatley and pick DTS up at 8.00

DTS-whereabouts in Gatley?

clairster - are you going to use the flapjack to hold your car together?

PPP - if you go from Northern Tennis down Palatine Rd & through Northenden to Gatley so that you drive through the centre of Gatley, you'll then be approaching the A34 traffic lights from the right direction to get onto the M60 - I can walk down to Gatley railway station (opposite the bottom of Springfield Rd, next to the railway bridge) - is that a plan?

• clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    awesome, that would be fab as I live right next door to the NLTC image, my mobile number is 07977 756464
  • Enjoyed the O10K marshalling last night. It all seemed to go smoothly and there were some great performances from club members. 

Eric - Another organisational masterclass for the BS recce image. Those times should be good for me even if we get the later train. After running 22 miles it would be shame not to reward our efforts with liquid refreshment.

• clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    Yes I enjoyed the marshalling too. Quick question about the winners though. From where i was (bottom of VP), there was one girl out in front for the whole of the race, not in club colours. did she crash and burn near the end or something, cos she was flying everytime i saw her..
  • I was wondering that too. She was way out in front even at the bottom of Vernon Park before the last hill climb.
  • morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

Thank you for your Offerton 10K comments Foxy and Clairster. So much more helpful than GBM.

Those who think i never run- i did a run involving Kinder earlier (and no, not the eggs) and i did 12 miles and must have run at least half of it AND i didn't take any fags with me image I am trying to get myself up to Daz standards. I did however get a bit bored on the way back and got Gomez to come and pick me up. Much work to be done.

• clairster http://www.justgiving.com/bunsenandbeaker wrote (see)
    awesome, that would be fab as I live right next door to the NLTC image, my mobile number is 07977 756464
    Are you mad posting your mobile on a public forum!
  • Andy Smith--This is a private forum. image And if you think thats mad you should see how much running she does at weekends!
  • KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭

A few people made much the same comment about the girl at the front, but I can only assume it was the grl who came in 4th. She must have blown up somewhere between the final hill and the finish as shcame into the track as if she's was finishing an ultra rather than a 10km.

All seemed to go quite smoothly last night. Photo's should be up shortly.

• She pulled something, saw her limping out later on. But maybe there was a conspiracy by harrier ladies to get 123 places
  • Kwaka, do you want the photos Sarah took ?
  • NI -- well done at the wizard.

GBM - good run

What happened to tim hargreaves, was well down the times?

• The Wizard Trail is a great little race, i recommend it to all. Only 3 of us from the thread last night though! You are all aware of these local evening races aren't you? They are great fun and a good workout. Results.
  • KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    MTBB - Can you stick them on picassa or flickr and send me & mike shaw the link. Cheers

Wizard 5 (5.25 actually image ) was splendid
    Congrats to Nexus giving Damian Nicholls a run for his money! image

TST - don't sound so shocked that I finished ahead of Tim image
    where were you anyway? - hordes of GVS there

• well done the wizards!

spectacular again Nexus! great running
  • I would hardly say I gave Damian a run for his money. He had quite a gap on me and I'm sure he could have gone quicker if I had looked like catching him (which wasn't going to happen).

It was a tough but enjoyable race. Lots of twisty paths, styles to climb over and little hills everywhere but good fun. 

Well done GBM and Daz last night. Sorry about the lack of pint GBM!

PPP - if you had turned up we might have had a chance of the team prize! image

Think I might do another parkrun tomorrow.

OK this is you Race Information Service speaking image
    next week we have the choice of:
    Tue 13th - Black Knight Charge
    Wed 14th - Black Rocks FR (Matlock)
    Wed 14th - Bamford Carnival FR
    Wed 14th - Druid FR (Mold)
    Thu 15th - Sizzler2

mort/clairster - are either/both of you definitely doing Black Rocks?
    if not, I might be tempted by The Druid, as I can bob out that way after work...

Race List
    Sun 11 Jul - Bollington Nostalgia - tst, GBM
    Sat 17 Jul - Tracks to Trig (1 mile race done as a time trial, M record 9.59. F record 14.00) - tst
    Sat 17 Jul - Buxton Carnival 5 - GBM
    Sun 18 Jul - Holme Moss FR - PPP
    Sun 18 Jul - Gravy 6 - anybody?
    Wed 21 Jul - Shining Tor - Daz, GBM, NI
    Sat 24 Jul - UTLD 50 – clairster
    Sat 24 Jul – Snowdon International Mountain Race - mtbb
    Sun 25 Jul - Leigh 10k - anybody?
    Wed 28 Jul - Macc Forest - Daz, GBM
    Sun 01 Aug - Sale 10 - NI
    Sun 01 Aug - Dovedale Dipper -TB, SR
    Tues 03 Aug - Bradwell FR -TB
    Wed 04 Aug - Cracken Edge - GBM, tst
    Sat 07 Aug - Teggs Nose - GBM
    Sun 08 Aug - Long Tour Of Bradwell - Daz, clairster
    Thu 12 Aug - Sale Sizzler – NI, mtbb,
    Sep 15 Aug - Great Warford 10M - PPP, FOAR, Lady Slugge
    Wed 18 Aug - Eccles Pike - GBM, Daz
    Sat 04 Sep - Bullock Smithy - Daz, Eric, GBM, UB, TB, Jonah, FOAR, SR, PPP
    Sat 18 Sep - Lantern Pike – GBM, mtbb
    Sat 18 Sep - High Peak 40 - TB, Jonah, clairster, mgmt, st
    Sat 25 Sep - Nine Edges - MTBB
    Sat 25 Sep - JWultra - clairster
    Sun 26 Sep - Berlin Marathon - Funk
    Sun 26 Sep - Macclesfield Half Marathon - PPP, Eric
    Sun 03 Oct - English Half Marathon - NI
    Sun 17 Oct - Abingdon Marathon – NI
    Sun 17 Oct - Amsterdam Marathon - PPP
    Sun 17 Oct – Cardiff Half Marathon - mtbb
    Sat 30 Oct - Snowdonia Marathon - MH, RC, clairster
    Sun 31 Oct - Frankfurt Marathon - UB
    Sun 07 Nov - New York Marathon - Eric, Jonah, FOAR

• NI- I was hoping to run, but had the school exhibiton last night. Wouldn't mind getting a team out for one of the midweek runs next week though.
    I could can feel my legs getting over the BGR slowly and could do with getting some speed into them over the next few weeks.