Wednesday 4th July

13»

Comments

• Nutty: I do hope that you are OK, that your finances are secure, and that nothing of sentimental value has gone.

Wabo: I hate sciatica. I can't help thinking that running may not be the best idea, except that maybe cycling could be worse. What does the Fizz say?

Fell Liker: I hope that the interview went well. We forgive the tapir joke. I guess it's time for another corny pun on the subject. Call BR.

Wardi: good 10k in the windy conditions. Nice race tactics too. And a very nice prize (?) or was it a pre-paid order?

BR: Tom's deliberately dropped out of circulation for a while, as he was getting demotivated, and feeling that he was dragging morale down. He wasn't, of course, he just felt that he was.

AF: I'm sure I've seen that picture before somewhere.

Good luck Pirates - Debbo - 2473
    - Hollywood - 538
    - Melli - ?
    - Mr Melli - ?
    - Podro - 1935

I heard that Alan J had been released on the BBC TV news this morning. The person in the next room put the telly on at 0515, and left it running the news for 2 hours. It's not that I object to people getting up that early, it's just that they obviously didn't get up. What's their game? I've a good mind to put the telly on until 1 am.

Obviously I'm pleased for Alan J, and his family, but can't help thinking that he's out because of extreme BBC exposure. What about the other Britons who have been held for even longer? Their names don't even make it to the news.

Enforced early start. Tired legs. Hilly Haverfordwest got 2.5 miles out of me before breakfast.
    Early finish. Got to the coastal run as per plan A. 2 hours worth of running is worth how many miles? 16? no. 14? no. 12? er no. Map My Run says 10. My legs say that they are absolutely mashed. It's a lovely path from Fishguard to Dinas Head. Sometimes narrow, sometimes so steep that there are zigzags. Sometimes there's no room for zigzags and it's a Jacob's Ladder climb. My quads are a little tender, and my calves don't want to be left out. The nettle stings are minor, as are the bush scratches. There was some interesting wildlife as ever. Fulmars, gulls, stonechats, whinchats, meadow pippits (I think) and the occasional dragon. No Suicide Leapers tonight though, as the sea was a bit choppy and the wind was strong. Not a day for sailors, or sea swimmers.
    I am now not so bothered if I miss the 4 mile time trial race tomorrow night. I couldn't do it justice. But in contrast, I think I've just had my fave rave run, and it's one that I've been looking forward to for a long time. I'm sure that NZC would approve.
  • Best of luck to all the iron persons. I was hoping it was on Saturday so I could follow the results, but I'm going on my hols on Sunday so I guess I'll have lots of catching up to do when I get back

Wardi, excellent race

Trini, I think I was much more excited when I first got my name into AW, than getting professional articles printed - though that was good too when it was a novelty. What did Ato Bolden say to you ?

SiT, two stress fractures ! But you seem reaonably philosophical, and only 3.5wks to go. Will you do some Xtraining to keep your marathon goal alive ?

Blisters, sounds like an idyllic run

What: 10.5ml
    Why; increasing the midweek run again
    My legs felt pretty tired after yesterday, and it took a lot of determination to add bits onto the end of my route to make it up to 10ml+, especially in more rain. (the 10-day weather forcast for Corsica has sun symbols every day - I can't wait)
  • 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭
    Blisters - Sounds like a great run.

Back from club early this evening, no pub afterwards as I had to collect no.1 son on the way home.

What: 8.5 miles in about 1:04, pace 7:35
    Why: Club night
    Last hard: 3 days
    Last rest: 1 day
    Next race: 2 days

This evening's run was a "slightly soft hard", in deference to our forthcoming relay efforts.

Another rest day tomorrow.
  • Dear all

Thank you for all your kind words. It is more inconvenient than anything. They also took tax disc and used a crow bar on passenger door. But it can all be replaced. These things are sent to try us.

Good vibes to all on sick bench.

Thank goodness for running and running folk!
  • Just got in and have not read back.

What: 6m am and 11m pm including a 10K race
    Why: heavy duty speed session for the legs

Last hard: Today
    Last rest: 19 days

Tonights 10K was very enjoyable. Clocked 35.44 and took 3rd place overall. Started steady and just picked off runners. Really pleased with how the legs are performing at this moment in time.

Need to eat and need to drink.

Will try to catch up later.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Excellent stuff Sodahead.

Nice run by the sound of it Blisters.

My Mrs to be (Sue) clocked a PB of 51:12 last night. Not too shabby on 2 runs a week - she would do more but yoga is her first priority.

BR.. reason no.2 for moving to Taddy - bitter is £1:26 per pint here, lager £1:54.

My box of alcohol came courtesy of Laithwaites wine club. I pay £20 per year to be a 'Premiere' member. This means that every time I order a box of 12, I get 2 extra promotional bottles to try for free - good stuff too. They also offer 3 months interest free credit for those who want it - drink now, pay later.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Yateley 10km finished 15th in 36.32

It was very windy

Oh dear, toast at 3km CNBA by 4 caught by Ed at 5 helped him to around 7.5 and ran in with a poor poor time
    10.51 at 3km
    18.05 at 5km should have been sub 17.40 here
    29.11 at 8km a whole minute behind last month and really needed 28 mins
    TBH this was expected as my mileage has been high and this is not my focus.
    Also, this is faster than last years best 10km time.
  • Nice side-line.....
    Wardi; I have 12 cases of excellent quality Bordeau I'm looking to get rid of. Prices vary between £40 and £150 a bottle.
    Are you interested? Or anyone else??
  • Well done Robi Gobi. Amazing running.