Training Plan

Hi, my husband is doing his first tri in April (sprint distance). Does anyone know where he could find a decent training plan? He is not starting from scratch, hes a good at all disiplines just needs to focus on becoming quicker! Any advice would be great, Thanks!

Comments

• plenty out there, try Training Plans for Multisport Athletes by Gale Bernhardt, available on Amazon. Has training plans for sprint, Oly, half-IM and full IM races - for when he gets hooked and decides to move up in distance! Although I don't really think he needs one for a sprint, my advice would be to do a few 'brick' workouts, meaning two out of the 3 disciplines one after the other. And especially concentrate on 'running off the bike', i.e. getting off the bike and switching into running, until you get the hang it's like running in treacle.
  • does he take sugar?

You could try beginnertriathlete.com - some of their plans are free 

• If he already does all three sports then I doubt that any of the 'off the shelf' plans will be all that good for a sprint.  Assuming he's aiming to do 'well' as opposed to finish, then he'll need to develop (or tailor) a plan that works on his weaknesses, includes plenty of bricks (important for sprint dstances) and also that fits in with his lifestyle (when he can train, where the pool is, etc).