Sheffield social

Comments

• PJAZ wrote (see)

My 1000m for 2010 effort is curently at 17m image but may make it to 20m before Wednesday.

Good job Didds. I'm currently at 21 towards my 1500 (in theory) for the year.

An hour on the treadmill for me earlier on. That has to be worth more than the 6 and a bit miles I think.

Happy McBirthday Stu.

Moz - how far is the run you're talking about for next weekend?

• About 9 and a half miles I think Baz - pretty steep ascent up lose hill, then along the fell tops and down mam tor, back through Castleton and along the river back to Hope. Or could start in Castleton then we could have coffee and cake when when we finish. Weather permitting on this one though!
  • Loser Baz wrote (see)

Moz - how far is the run you're talking about for next weekend?

It would also be a serious introduction to fell running Baz, especially losehil, whether you go up or down the Hope side.

If you go take piccies to post for me - i'll be well fed up by next Sunday.

• LS21LS21 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see folk getting out there and logging some miles - whether that be outdoors or on the treddie image

Didz - re White Peak. It's all on an old railway line which is now a cycle/walking path. Great run, cracking scenery. But - if you're the sort of person who thrives on crowd support then this one's not the best - it's a good run with lots of camaraderie between runners, but crowd support is sparse. It's a lovely run though. Race HQ is Matlock Rugby Club (where the finish is) - you get bussed out to the start on coaches and then run back. Half is second half of full Marathon route - so you won't have the first 11 miles of uphill (in the Full) - but you do get the 3 downhills at the end. So the Half is a QUICK course. I really do think it's a gem of a race (hence why it fills up so quick) - so if you want to run then enter now, before it fills up.
  • LS21 - cheers, saw your comments on the other thread.  Not that bothered about crowd support (except for when its Moz) and prefer quiter runs to crowds so suits me fine.  I run alone mostly so don't mind the solitude.
  • HMMMMM

I think Sheffield could do with some more Plum friendly signage.........

Took me days to find my hotel

I am availabe for most of the week for curries, beers and Bar Mitzvahs at the usual rates

• Reading your posts about where you're running, I hope you all really appreciate it and don't take it for granted

I live in a great part of London for running - I hardly ever run along roads - but it's not Derbyshire

• snaps Cookies finger off.....  image
  • Cookie! wrote (see)

I hope you all really appreciate it

We do Cookie, we do.
  • Ditto the above.

I'll be heading down your way in May Cookie to run a 10k with my brother (can't figure out why he can't crack 55 mins - doesn't appear to take any notice of little sis when she suggests that lack of training may have something to do with it) Crouch End I think it is.

• Training is like reading the instruction manual
  • Cookie! wrote (see)
    Training is like reading the instruction manual

I'm a man - i don't bother with instructions.

• PJAZ wrote (see)
    Cookie! wrote (see)

I didn't in the past but now I actually do.

• Loser Baz wrote (see)
    PJAZ wrote (see)
    Cookie! wrote (see)

I didn't in the past but now I actually do.

• I'm a bird - the only reason I lust after men is that they actually take the time to read instruction manuals and I can't be arsed. Or at least the men I've had the misfortune to become closely acquainted with have. Maybe that's where I've been going wrong all these years.

Reet - new approach or swing in the opposite direction - wadya reckon?

• real men dont bother with instuctions we just make it up as we go alongimage

is that the only reason Mossy if so swing girl image

• I have grave concerns regarding the continuation of the human race image
  • So do I my wife got a two for one deal at the vets image
  • you want to see the look on the dogs face image
  • Mozzy wrote (see)
    Lord help us image

Is that you speaking, Mozzy, or your avatar?

• PLUM!! Hello! How long are you in Sheffield for??

Amazing weekend. I didn't want it to end! Dad's 60th party on Friday, My brother and his musician friends came up and played which was really good. They're all session musicians and had never actually all played together but you couldn't tell, they were so good (there's a video on my facebook if you want to look - there are pictures of the party too!). Dad loved his party! Loads of people came, even with that heavy snow! Saturday we all chilled out at ours. Our house was jam packed with people staying over but it was lovely. Then the band played at my Dad's golf club Sat night which was good (again) then we've had a lazy day day. Everyone has gone home but Dad's very happy - he really enjoyed himself bless him!

Not ready to go back to work tomorrow, the weekend has gone too quickly!

Hope Stu had a lovely birthday weekend image
  • image Sheila if I admited to being out and about near castleton today skipping through the snow with a manic grin on my face. Looking for hair's (it's a good time to see them in the winter) and genealy mucking about them Haile might be annoyed than I didn't go swimming sunday morning. So no I didn't, didn't see you though?

Mozzy 3 hours!!! There are very few times I like doing for three hours. Reading a good book, training,people watching and is there anything else that can take 3 hours?

White peak is brilliant but fill's up quick so if havn't already send the form off NOW! Got hills mmm hills. 

Plum how long are you in sheffield do you want people to play with? image

• Cake wrote (see

Mozzy 3 hours!!! There are very few times I like doing for three hours. Reading a good book, training,people watching and is there anything else that can take 3 hours?

You said it Cake!!!! If a three hour turbo session aint training I dunno what it is! Well . .. . sheer hell and dull as ditchwater perhaps image

We're in Nottingham again on Wednesday so I'm going to endeavour to get to TFN after work as it's not too far from the hospital and pick up one of the Spinervals DVD's - so if you change your mind Cake?
  • Morning team.

I got all the way to school (after a spot of car sliding) only to be told we are closed so I am now at home with a cup of tea!!

I am going to get some school work done, get a turbo session done and chill! image

• OK, so let me get this right:

- you are planning an Evening with Mozzy and her lethal (in the non-lethal sense) homemade curry and some booze to wash it down and then going for a 10m run in the morning around Mam Tor and Losehil - good luck with that.

Aitch! wrote (see)
    Then the band played at my Dad's golf club Sat night

Aitch's dad owns a golf club;

Mozzy wrote (see)
    I have grave concerns regarding the continuation of the human race image

Mozzy is far deeper than she may have been given credit for.  Moz - I thought with your DIY skills that would be the last thing you'd need a man for, I hope you don't stand over them saying 'That's the wrong part!!'

• PJAZ wrote (see)

OK, so let me get this right:

- you are planning an Evening with Mozzy and her lethal (in the non-lethal sense) homemade curry and some booze to wash it down and then going for a 10m run in the morning around Mam Tor and Losehil - good luck with that.

Dids, don't think that would be a problem if it was the case but Dubbers night is Friday and then Mozzy's proposed run was for Sunday so I think we'll be alright.

Mozzy - that run sounds fab, can't wait! What time were you thinking of for Friday night? I've got to be in London on Friday for work and am not sure what time I'll get back. May need to come straight to yours from the train station.