IMCH 2009

Comments

• I challenge anyone to get out of a wetsuit in a provocative and alluring manner... image
  • We can do it Nam.

Nearly put if "its for money we can do anything" but I remembered who was reading this! lol

• Its worth more than my car to Nam..

Yes im feeling a lot better now thanks..  I felt very rough Saturday afternoon for a couple of ours after dropping out, for a while I was vegging in the shade under my brolly at the side of the run course wondering if id have the energy to retrieve my kit from transition.  Luckily I managed to crawl to the Organic food wagon and eat a sausage sarnie which triggered my steady recovery.

I definately made the right decision to pull out.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts

• you can make gels and drinks in the off season, no need to spend loads of money on ready made solutions til you get closer to the race day and it becomes specific. Most drinks can be made from cheaper solutions and during the off season months you can take out sandwiches etc and maltloaf etc, also probably cheaper to stop at a cafe and use that for breakfast before the ride.

As for cost, be prepared to be shocked in your first season as people have said but I am sure there are a load of non-virgins who have kit they have either grown out of i.e too big now cos you lose weight image or they have upgraded. I will keep a look out on my local club pages for bikes and kit etc.

Just for example, I have a Garmin 205, Polar Xtrainer watch, bike shoes, tri shoes, cleats, pedals etc etc which I am never going to use again and which can be used by others before they have to buy. if you can get second hand stuff til Xmas and then start to buy early in the year then do it.

for those of us normally not on a budget and like shiny toys, we grow out of them, change them year to year, get bored of them and replace them with other toys, why can't the new guys benefit.

Can I also just point out that this is not a bring and buy website so we would need to find somewhere to display items available etc with costs blah blah.

• Is the PSOF website still up and running? Maybe that could be used for 2nd hand gear....

Now...about that wetsuit challenge....I'm sure liberal use of baby oil would help.....

• Iron Rose wrote (see)

Can I also just point out that this is not a bring and buy website so we would need to find somewhere to display items available etc with costs blah blah.

Cougie... no pay per view here then...  image
  • Ratbag wrote (see)

Now...about that wetsuit challenge....I'm sure liberal use of baby oil would help.....

Ok maybe Nam and I will perfect the art on Saturday at our swim session then release it for public consumption to the highest bidder/or bidders image

• jo, you're not serious are you? Registration for IMDE 09 opens in a couple of weeks.
  • Looks like Jan and I are up for this race ... and she says she wants to get faster ... so no more 15hr  ironman races

see you in Nice fellas

• would KY jelly be more appropriate/ uselful than baby oil????
  • Rio!! wrote (see)

Ok maybe Nam and I will perfect the art on Saturday at our swim session then release it for public consumption to the highest bidder/or bidders image

Pay per view at Porthcawl beach... image
  • I went to Porthcawl beach once.

• re the wetsuit challenge.  I've just brought some Trislide from Tribuys.com.  It's a spray on silicon spray specifically designed to allow fat yanks to tug off their wetties!!  Not tried it yet, but looking forward to giving it a go at Cowman!  And no, there will be no pay per view.  And if anyone is interested in cheap kit - also brought 2 pairs of Brooks Adrenalin GTS8 for $80 each and some other bits and bobs from tribuys.com.  Shipping was free and wasn't stung for export duty either. 

Result!!!!!! image

• Just went and found the list because it was a few pages back....................not adding any names but noticed PSC that your not down as a Virgin..............................you area virgin aren't you???image 

Just added a V by my name as I am most definitely an IM Virgin image

(V) = IM Virgin 

DOING
    Bedders (V)
    Calf
    Crashie
    emmilou
    Ferret
    Gertie (Tri Virgin, please be gentle with me)
    Gyraffe (V)
    Hope (V)
    Iron Swissbobby
    Jonsi (V)
    MarkF (V)
    mellifera
    Nam (oh shiiiiiiiit!!!!) (V)
    Podro
    PSC
    Rio (V)
    SyM.es
    JPenno (V)

DITHERING (till after IMF, pay day, leave pass etc)
    Kanga
    Meldy
    Foggy, but will be going on to DOING list after an appropriate amount of dithering
    Holly_Golightly
    kittenkat (yes I know what I said repeatedly, but I'm obsessed (in a good way).. and no, don't mention it to Mr kk
    Dark Vader (need to discuss with Classicaldiva first)
    Hollywood (I've never done an IM without Squishy - need her to sign up first)
    NWO ( need to check the cost and clear it with the missus! )
    Squishy (I'm sure she'll do it if Hollywood is depending on her image
    IW (IF I can get permission)
    Silent Assassin (if funds permit) - Must enter and do some training with JPenno
    Barry K - funds permitting as the first step.

GOING BUT DOING THE OLYMPIC DISTANCE
    Garr (Hopefully! Should be able to get away with not training for this one!!)
    LJS (if I can persuade him to go)

NEVER DOING AN IRONMAN EVER (I think this is the same as dithering)
    Shiraz

SUPPORTING
    LE - Possibly maybe, also looking at doing the Oly tri the day before, unless I do Bala on July 14 2009...
    Mr emmi and mini emmi Pirates (maybe 2, maybe 3?)
    Mrs Podro and the Podlets
    Mrs Silent Assassin & mini Assassin

• Have you got time on your hands Seren??? See you tonight at swim??
  • I run on the Thursday night and swim on the Tuesdays and Sundays, sorry Hope...............The big pool is too far to drive for just the 25m session.... So I run on the thursday and my OH runs on the Tuesday........

My first run sinceSunday..............................

I think that if I lurk on this thread long enough a miracle will happen and I will be able to add my name to the listimage

• Hope, I see you later at the swim. Rio hasn't been to the new pool yet so we're driving in together. image
  • (V) = IM Virgin 

DOING
    Bedders (V)
    Calf
    Crashie
    emmilou
    Ferret
    Gyraffe (V)
    Hope (V)
    Iron Swissbobby
    Jonsi (V)
    MarkF (V)
    mellifera
    Podro
    PSC
    Rio (V)
    SyM.es
    JPenno (V)

Kanga
    Meldy
    Foggy, but will be going on to DOING list after an appropriate amount of dithering
    Holly_Golightly
    kittenkat (yes I know what I said repeatedly, but I'm obsessed (in a good way).. and no, don't mention it to Mr kk
    Silent Assassin (if funds permit) (V)- Must enter and do some training with JPenno

Shiraz

SUPPORTING
    LE - Possibly maybe, also looking at doing the Oly tri the day before, unless I do Bala on July 14 2009...

Just adding the V to my name

• Look forward to it Nam and Rio
  • DOING
    Bedders (V)
    Calf
    Crashie
    emmilou
    Ferret
    Gyraffe (V)
    Hope (V)
    Iron Swissbobby
    Jonsi (V)
    MarkF (V)
    mellifera
    Podro
    PSC
    Rio (V)
    SyM.es
    JPenno (V)

Kanga
    Meldy
    Holly_Golightly
    Silent Assassin (if funds permit) (V)- Must enter and do some training with JPenno
    PloddingOn - will see how I feel in the future...  Non visa country appeals

Shiraz

SUPPORTING

• PirateATOMPirateATOM ✭✭✭
    has it sold out yet?
  • No, just got a little more commercial while retaining its fundamental integrity image
  • fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    I've just brought some Trislide from Tribuys.com

there's also something called Suit Juice which is now available in the UK - we got some at IM Florida.....
  • PirateATOMPirateATOM ✭✭✭
    thank you Mr H.
  • I've heard of suit juice but couldn't find it.  No matter, will try the trislide first. image

Yes Hope, I AM A VIRGIN!  God that felt good.  Am I cured? image 

• (V) = Ironman Virgin

DOING
    Bedders (V)
    Calf
    Crashie
    emmilou
    Ferret
    Gyraffe (V)
    Hope (V)
    Iron Swissbobby
    Jonsi (V)
    MarkF (V)
    mellifera
    Podro
    PSC (V)
    Rio (V)
    SyM.es
    JPenno (V)

Kanga
    Meldy
    Holly_Golightly

Shiraz

SUPPORTING

• (V) = Ironman Virgin

DOING
    Bedders (V)
    Calf
    Crashie
    emmilou
    Ferret
    Gyraffe (V)
    Hope (V)
    Iron Swissbobby
    Jonsi (V)
    MarkF (V)
    mellifera
    Podro
    PSC (V)
    Rio (V)
    SyM.es
    JPenno (V)

Kanga
    Meldy
    Holly_Golightly

Sluggie (dithering virgin)

Shiraz

SUPPORTING

• Just keeping it together... Good to see ATOM posting on the thread though - need him to sort out (Bobby to sort out) a bed for me...

(V) = Ironman Virgin

DOING
    Bedders (V)
    Calf
    Crashie
    emmilou
    Ferret
    Gyraffe (V)
    Hope (V)
    Iron Swissbobby
    Jonsi (V)
    MarkF (V)
    mellifera
    Podro
    PSC (V)
    Rio (V)
    SyM.es
    JPenno (V)
    Slummo
    BendyJ

Kanga
    Meldy
    Holly_Golightly

Sluggie (dithering virgin)

Shiraz (V)

SUPPORTING