KIT UPDATE...

Hi all. Just got back in after my hols last week. The kit situ is as follows.

Wasp dispatched the current order to me yesterday (Monday) so it should arrive tomorrow (Wednesday). I will then endeavour to dispatch them all on Thursday morning so they should arrive with you hopefully by Saturday.

This message is specifically for those of you who are in the current order. I know there are one or two of you who have sent cheques to me and/or requested vests in the last couple of weeks, but who missed the deadline when the last order went off. I will contact you individually about the situation with these in the next day or two. The immediate availability of these vests will depend on whether your required size is included in the few extras that Wasp have made in that size. Otherwise it will have to go into the next order which may take some weeks to build up.

This kit stuff is very confusing so please bear with me while I tie up any loose ends - I'm doing my best, honest!

Any queries at all though, please contact me.

DW

Comments

• even more ironing for you Tim...
    But the vest are easier to Iron than fitted sheets.
  • BY the way the best way to iron fitted sheets is to put then on the bed and iron them in situ...
  • Cheers DW. Let me know if my size is in and I'll pop a cheque in the post. How much and who is it payable to?
  • DW - hoped you had a good holiday - sorry if the vests take away some of the after glow.
  • Tim, Wasp Sports are the company that make the vests. They need to have a minimum order of 18 (and minimum of three of each size ordered) before they can be made. ie. they are made specifically to order. I have received your cheque, but it is at home so I can't check if the size you wanted is currently available. Can you remember what size you ordered? You be careful with that iron now!

Caz, sorry for confusion last week. It looks like there have been extras made in 32" and 36", but not 34" unforunately. What do you want to do?

Mij, not at all! Coming back to work has taken away the after glow!!!

• drewdrew ✭✭✭
    DW, I ordered one via Lamby, but haven't yet sent my cheque as we weren't sure if my order would be in in time. If it's there let me know and I'll send the cheque off.
  • Actually 32" should be ok, I could try it all the same. I'll send a cheque anyway and go from there?
  • My order no. is 58 a and I ordered size 38. Will I have a nice surprise on Saturday morning, can I do my weekend run in a Forumite running vest?
  • Tim, Have just realised you ordered a T-shirt. We haven't got the minumum order for this yet. Once we reach this, the order will go to Wasp, but it may be some time yet I'm afraid.

Drew, did you place an order on the web site? What size were you after?

Caz, okay send me a cheque for £17.99 and I'll get a 32" sent to you. I'll hold your cheque until we find out if it fits or not.

WW, yes, see your postie on Saturday morning!

Evil Pixie, see the URWFRC web site (link below) for details.

http://user.domaindlx.com/rwfrc/index.html

• Aw, now come on Tim, there's no need to cry.

I've just had a quick look at the orders and there seems to be 6 on order at the moment. We need a minumum of 12 for the T-shirts so when we receive 6 more T-shirt orders, they can be ordered from the suppliers.

If you want a T-shirt, order one on the URWFRC web site now.

So dry those eyes Tim, all is not lost!
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    DW, ordered it through Lamby, who phoned up Wasp. Size 40
  • Drew,

Okay. Was yours one of the original ones that was returned to Wasp? Your original order shows that a 38" was originally dispatched.

DW
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    DW, Originally I ordered a 38 but no one else wanted that size so I ordered a 40 instead. This was duly delivered with the first batch and fitted fine. Unfortunately my brand new vest was stolen from the washing line in Minorca by someone who obviously wanted a quality running vest for free. I subsequently reordered. A 38" would probably be ok as well.

In summary, this is my second order.
  • Caz,

Just thought I'd mention that the vests. if that's what you ordered can be a 'snug'. If you really wanted 34 then a 36 might be a better bet than 32. Unless of course, you like a tight fit!!!

All the best,

RB
  • Ratbag, well I'm really only a size 8 up top (flat chested alas!)
  • DW, the cheque's in the post.

Cheers

Caz
  • be wary over the sizes. My original order was for a 40 which when it came fitted like a sausage skin!! Wasp admitted a production error and I now have what is the correct size 40 but if anything its too roomy!
  • DW,

I was thinking about kit the other day and have a suggestion, apologies if it's been explored before. Would it not be possible to allow people to download the artwork for the vest, t-shirts etc onto a floppy disc or CD and then let them take that into their local print shop? Thus unloading you of the burden and removing the must-have-12-orders problem?

It's basically logo artwork with a yellow stripe on a blue background, so quite simple. To ensure that we all have similar kit, we could specify how big the logo should be, what colour the yellow is etc.

This would also allow us to print the artwork onto other kit - e.g. it's too cold for me to run in a vest in the winter (!!!) but I wouldn't mind a long-sleeved club t-shirt.

Neil
  • Right, mass reply time again!

Caz, I will send a 32" to you - if it's a bit small, send it back and I'll send a 36" to try.

Tim, I will need to check the numbers with Lamb before committing to that. It is possibly feasible. Wasp are now holding a few vests anyway - they might be prepared to hold a few T-shirts as well. However, I wouldn't expect it to be long before we have the T-shirt orders up to 12 anyway. Especially if I post specifically about it, which I will do next week when the current order is all out of the way.

Neilruns, this is perhaps a possibility at some point, but I think the method of ordering kit via the same supplier may still serve a purpose to many. I'm sure SB could make the artwork available to those who want it. On the subject of long-sleeved shirts, Wasp are now able to do these for us as well as vests and T-shirts. Again, I don't want to get onto that topic until the current order has been dealt with!

DW
  • DW - no problemo.

SB - if you're out there - would my idea work?
  • yeah we just have to watch the scalablity of pics on the net. But can be done. Lets keep with wasp for the moment. Things are always a little difficult to start with and DW has just taken over, please be nice to him he is doing a great job.

The other problem, which we did have when we provided you all with a template and the possiblity of doing your own was that I ended up doing most of the work for all. I don't have the time at the moment. Work is about to get very busy!!!
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    DW, do you want me to send you a cheque then?