The Long Green Tape Measure......

Comments

• Morning all image

Blith - ever so sorry to hear about your friend, can't imagine what everyone must be going through, just be assured it will become easier...

Keeny - well done on getting out for those 2.5. Doesn't matter if it's 20.5 or 2.5, you still did it. Hopefully the mojo will return fully soon enough, but in the meantime, don't give up!

Struthie - some great weight loss there! That last 1/2 stone is always the worst bit.  I'm trying to get down to 10-7 ultimately too, although my first target is 12 stone, then 11-7, then 11....

Vixx - how are you today?

RLTW - do you need a boot up the bum?!

• TY Yeti i am not giving up!!!
  • Morning - frantic end of term stuff going on hereimage

Struthie, that's a great loss and image for being able to keep it off - the last bit is always the worst.  One bit of advice I was given was to change your eating habits completely.  Your body adapts and gets used to intake/output, so by mixing it all up, you re-set your metabolism - might be something to try.

BBS - that's sad news, the only thing that I would say is to be honest.  When my father died, loads of people avoided us, or (obviously) tried to avoid talking about him, death etc.  I remember one person, a friend, saying to me "I just don't know what to say to you - I've never been through this."  Sounds trite, but at the time, we really valued her honesty and genuine support. 

Keeny, you've done brilliantly too, and as RTLW said, 2.5m is still 2.5 m and more than those who didn't bother.  The great thing is that you're still keeping at it.

RLTW, often you get like that after races - you'll soon get back into it - and with school holidays about to begin, you might appreiate the time out - on your ownimageimageimageimage

Yeti - how are you?

I tried a speed session yesterday, which turned out not be a speed sessionimage.  But have never found them good, I'm more of a duracell bunny, plodding away, so Usain Bolt has nothing to fear from meimage

• PS Struthie, imagine that you're already doing this, but make sure you stretch a lot.  I'm an injury expert, some due to lack of stretching, but now do them regularly and they definitely help, so might be worth giving calf and hamstring stretches and really good go.
  • Hello all (I semi delurked here recently and then went back into lurking mode....getting to be a complete lardarse and would really appreciate group support to get back in sahpe again!

*first of all sympathy to BBS on the loss of your friend*

If it's ok I'll log in tomorrow again and tell my sad fat tale!  (It's great having the internet again....was cut off for 3 weeks and felt lonely without it!!)  

Have a good evening all....image

• Keeny - my hubby is a bit like that,ends up doing high knees and makes me laugh.Stupid man!

CJBA - I'm going to change what I eat totally I think,give my body a shock - and maybe give up cake!

Yes we do about a mile then stretch and it does help a lot,I'm not so good at doing them when I get home but will try.

Hi gingerfurball image

Right I'm off, running tonight and just got in from buying trousers and shirts for the funeral.

Running at 7pm should I eat now or after?
  • I'd have a snack now and eat something after to fuel your recovery struthie.

Hi GFB -waves- welcome back and I hope you enjoy being on our thread image

How is everyone today?

BBS - how are you doing?

• Hi Vixx am ok just been asleep how bad is that!!!

GF looking forward to your tale lol!

Struthie enjoy your run, i owuld of said tea now then snack after run like toast or something afterwards and banana but as vixx knows best then go with her after all it is also personal preferance...image

my husband does the tiny baby steps thing and am running along and he keeps up so i must be really sloooooowwwwwwwimage

Enjoy ya runs tonight or exercise.

• It is personal preference but with only 90minutes until running, that's not enough time to digest a big meal.... I have low stomach acid and can't eat within 3-4 hours of running or I get nauseous cos the food just doesn't have time to digest.

Keeny - you obviously need the rest! Take it whilst you can..... image

• BBS- so sorry; it's crap and as someone else said, just be honest.

Hi everyone else, Hi GFBimage.

• See i always run between 1hr -2 after food and am usually fine as long as its not a really heavy meal!

Don't know whats wrong with me at moment am recked all the time and wanting to eat Grrrrrrrimage

• How did your run go Keeny?

Hi Foxy -waves-

Yeti - things went OK on Monday.  It was basically an assessment meeting to see if we were suited to working together, which we are, it seems.  I have homework to do and my next meeting will be in August. Thank you very much for asking.

It's very kind of all of you to be so considerate.  I really appreciate it.

• Welcome back GFB.

Hi Foxy, where have you been? Seems a while since you posted.

oh poo, I've just noticed that my smileys and stuff are missing. Why is that? They are still on the GNR thread so why are they only missing from this one?

Yeti - Yes I need a kick up the back-side. That's a whole week without running at all. So much for following a schedule. Any excuse !

Vixx - Sounds as if you are feeling quite positive about your sessions at the mo. Did you sort things with OH?

• Vixx my 2.5 on Tuesday was ok rather rubbish but i went and plodded as only i know bestimage

Been out this morning did 3.2 mile in a rather rubbish 36minsimage

Had to come home to use loo inbetween so pelased i did this route had a feeling was going to need loo then bimbled back out for another mile and bit.

Going to do my lsr on Sat as at races on Saturday (ladies day) (I am know lady lol) hope i am ok for my lsr goignt o try and get out for 6 so gives me plenty time to come back have a shower then go get hair done....image

Hows all this lovely morning

• Morning all

Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow now - week started so well, but I've not done any exercise since Tuesday morning's run, and with a very painful verucca on my foot can barely walk at the moment, let alone run!  Will hit the gym tonight (bike/x-trainer/rower) then hopefully the foot will be OK for my planned 10-12 miler on Saturday image

Hope everyone else is doing OK?

• get a big knife and chop off the verucca yeti, i had a huge infestation of them on my foot when i was a teenager and nothing would shift them until i got a knife and spent an hour or so gouging them out of my foot image was left with no veruccas and a very large bleeding wound that eventually healed up image

maybe thats why im mr sj and not Dr sj

• How's the knee today mr sj?

Hi keeny -waves-

Hi Yeti - how are you doing?

• Evening Vixx ~high 5~

Hows everyone this eve?

I have been rubbish eating this week eaten far to many bad thinks had a total blow out image

• Hi Vixx.

Apologies RLTW- been a tad poorly so excuse the absence. Couple of weeks off running and so forth.

On the mend now though.image

Well done to all of you and how about Bazooka that Verucca yeti?

• -high fives Keeny- image

Hi TF - how are you feeling now? Welcome back image

• Evening Vixx- apologies for any confusion, we're playing name games on another thread- very juvenile really!

Feeling better thanks, time to get some running done.

Keeny= there are chocolate hob nobs in my biscuit tin- please explain!

• Toffee - What are the cubs going to be referred to as now?  Toffettes - image   Actually, wasn't that a chocolated covered toffee sweet?  Sorry to hear you have been poorly - Was it something that will have helped with your weight-loss?   My best ever weight loss in the shortest space of time was when I had really nasty flu once.  Good to hear you are better anyway.

Once again, not anticipating any weight loss due to lack of running (2 miles in 1 week!) and several naughty eating events, including yesterday when took Little Breeze and her friend into town and we had KFC image.  Not much chicken in the box mind!  More like a pullet breast !

Yeti - Ouch re verucca.  Can you use those little padded ring shaped plasters that have a hole in the middle (whilst waiting for the bazuka to work that is). Haven't had one of those for - ooh, rather more years than I care to mention!

mr sj - yukk and double yukk!

Hi Vixx

• HI RLTW image

TF - no confusion. The pic gave you away image

• morning morning !!

friday weigh in time again, still nor unning for me but have been out on the bike once this week so prety pleased with tyhe weight and the food diary is really making me take note of what im eating

my friday morning weigh in -
    • friday 17 april - 12st 9lb
    • friday 24 april - 12st 3lb
    • friday 01 may – 12st
    • friday 08 may 11st 13lb
    • friday 15 may – 12st
    • friday  22 may ??
    • friday 29 may – 12st
    • friday 05 june – 12st 2lb
    • friday 12 june – 12st 2lb
    • friday 19 june – 11st 12lb
    • friday 26 june – 12st 2lb
    • friday 03 july – 12st 2lb
    • friday 10 july – 12st 6lb
    • friday 17 july – 12st
    • friday 24 july – 12st
  • OOOOps, forgot it was Friday and had my breakfast.

I'll weigh in tomorrow!

• Good work mr sj - what are you doing to lose weight?

I'm thinking of joining weight watchers but have followed slimming world for ages.

Will catch up later got some work to do then funeral at 11.30.

Will pop back later on x
  • struthie - im just watching what i eat and not eating late in the evenings, im a bit of a binge eater and i usually graze all day and eat loads of cheese and crisps and biscuits. at the moment im sticking to 3 meals a day and snacking on fruit and have my evening meal around 18:00 and then eat nothing else after that, im also keeping a food diary to write down every single thing i eat and find its stops me snacking, so far so good image ive never done any sort of 'proper' diet and never done any weight watchers or slimmers world type thing, i just find that i i can eat what i want as long as its in moderation and just be sensible with food.
  • Morning kids!

Fantastic weigh-in Mr SJ, and looking back over the weeks shows that a bad week can be just that - a blip.

At least, it'd better be, having seen the scales this morning:  an appalling 12 st 4 - 2 lbs on from last Thurs, back to where I was 2 weeks ago.  However, since the last weigh-in, I have drunk probably the equivalent of 6 bottles of wine, been to a wedding, been out to dinner twice, eaten piles of junk and done the grand total of...erm.... very little exercise!

Just hope I can get out for a run tomorrow.... image