Thursday 21st May 2009

TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

He will bring you down, then he'll get you high

Morning folks.

Wabo - that's what I'm hoping for image Do you think it's possible to be more prone to something like anaemia as I had it really bad when I was younger and have had a few times in between where there have been more minor occurrences?

What: 6m very gentle rec jog d&d / 8m rec jog pm.
Why: Recovery/taper.
Last hard: Yesterday pm.
Last rest: Monday.

Normally I dislike tapers, but I am being very good in this one - probably because I know if I get it wrong I'm in big trouble come Sunday week but if I get it right I might just toe the line in decent condition. I seem to be feeling stronger by the day, so hopefully the reduced mileage combined with the iron is doing the job image

Have a great day all! image

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

sounds like a good run at the club there Andy...

Lyric - think so, will google double check.

What : something easy
    Why : very tired

Have a great day

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Twiggy - I bet a few people are laughing at the easy 14 miles as part of your taper. :¬)

What: cycling and a return to the pool - 35 miles done before 7am this morning.
    Why: now I have got use to everything I just train as I did before just without any running.
    Last hard: mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last rest: Friday 13th March
    Last run: Saturday 2nd May
    Lyrics: No

Patience and not getting my hopes up to much but I hope to run a little this weekend.

• Morning All

TT: I'm anemic too, have you checked to see if your Gluten intolerant? Came as shock to me to find out that I'm a celiac which tends to lead to anemia.

What: Bugger all
    Why: Flying tonight
    Last hard: Convincing myself that I'm not getting sick, told you that I'm paranoid.
    Last Rest: All week, feels weird not running everyday

Hope to do the DTT proud! Will see Slow Duck at the expo on Saturday

• 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

Go DD!

What:  Rest
    Why:  Legs feeling a bit weary, & don't want to tempt trouble by upping the training too quickly
    Last hard:  1 day
    Last rest:  5 days
    Last alcohol:  5 days

Lyrics:  No, I normally need to select them to get a yes.

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Gobi - there were a few eyebrows raised last night at me doing 10k on track too... it's all relative I guess. This week will be about 80m, which though still relatively high is 50 less than my peak. Fingers crossed for the weekend.

DD - I've been down the celiac testing route before and was told I'm not, but a lurker on sub-3 pointed out to me a while back that it is something that can come on (as opposed to being a permanent yes or no), so I will be doing some more intolerance/allergy tests after Edinburgh. Wasn't aware of the link to anaemia though, so cheers for that.

A little hint for those struggling with the lyrics then - the band who sing this are not celiacs image

• A'noon peeps

What: 4.5M Easy (for a mile) then Steady for the rest this morning.

Why: Legs still not ready for another Fartlek session.

Gobi: Looks like you're into a 'recovery' training routine.

Lyrics: No.

Have  a good one peeps.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

tt I don't know really about the being prone to it, it is possible I am sure.  With me its more to do with being a woman, who runs and doesn't eat lots of red meat and I am prone to it if thats poss?

what: 5 miles with some sort of bursts

why: I am ready

last hard: sunday

last easy: monday

lyrics I do know them I am sure, tip of my tongue tipptop!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • A couple of people at the club that I went to asked me about doing one of their events next Friday - it's a 3.5 mile time-trial. I wasn't planning to do anything 'organised' this early (I've only done 6 weeks training) but maybe I should, to give myself some idea of where I'm starting from.

I think I could probably do somewhere betwen 21 and 22 minutes for 3.5 miles, but it would hurt like hell! Maybe I should just take a deep breath and get in there!

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Sorry not been posting much last week can't remember last day i posted on DTT. Had a rough week, work, temporary loss of mojo and a few other things ran up to Sunday albeit a mile a day and no running since

Anyway enough of that will try and catch up

I understand Scobos and Mightos5 did pretty well - wel lboth to the pair of you.

Wabo well done in the Moon walk. A friend at work has done it a few times, really enjoys it

Upon looking at todays lyrics, knew them almost straight away the lyrics definitely familar one of my favourite songs of all time even before i knew who they were by. Thanks TT

What: 6 miles ish
    Why: Club run
    Lasst Hard: Ages

Lyrics - Oh yes
  • Afternoon folks.

Pammie - take it easy. I know where you're coming from...a few redundancies happening in my area just now, so morale's at a bit of a low ebb just now. At least your streak's still going... image)

Tough session at the club last night...not many folk there as loads are racing tonight, so just ended up doing 650 reps with a couple of quick guys (one has been our club champion in 4 of the last 5 years and the other is one of the top hill runners in Britain who'd come along as a guest!). Knew from the start I'd have my work cut out. Had initially planned to run 10 reps at somewhere around 2.10 per rep. It's a bit of an undulating loop and there was a fairly strong headwind on the middle 300 metres. As soon as we started, hill runner was off like a shot into the distance so I just concentrated on staying in touch with club champ...ended up clocking...

2.06 / 2.06 / 2.06 / 2.03 / 2.04 / 2.05 / 2.04 / 2.06

Started wobbling big-time on the 7th rep after running the first half of it too quickly, hung on for grim death on the 8th, then decided to call it a day at that. Easily the fastest set of reps I've managed on this loop...and it certainly felt like it, especially with some DOMS still hanging around in my quads. For the record, I think hill runner ran them all in the 1.55-1.59 range!!! And he was wearing trail shoes! Just not fair really.

So, today was a straightforward easy/recovery run...7.1 miles in 52mins, managing to get back just before a torrential deluge! Interesting chat with my running companion while I was out...he's currently in training for the West Highland Way Race next month, so he's planning to run 70 miles over Saturday and Sunday (40 on Saturday, 30 on Sunday, all off-road). Rather him than me!!!

Have a great day. Oh, and I don't know the lyrics though I'm sure I should...
  • Afternoon all,

AB:  Take a deep breath and get in there.   image

Pammie:  Hang in there. 

• What:  9m
    • Why:  Recovery
    • Last Hard:  1/1
    • Last Rest:  15/5

Have a good one!

• I think he'll make you laugh rather than love... Yes to the lyrics anyway.

What:track tonight.
    Why: there's no why.

Good luck to Comraders, prob too late to catch DD now.

Chin up Pammie, sorry to hear life's being a bitch. Hope there's fun and sunshine for you soon.

• Run yesterday did not go well think I have a slight pull in my right calf so nothing for the rest of this week image .

• Sharkie: Thanks still here, leave at 0445.......... argh

TT: enjoy the taper it has driven me potty!

Scobos: That was a tough session, well done

Gobi: glad to hear there is a glimmer of light

AB: Jump in the waters lovely!

Off to bed soon

• Hi,

Just popping in to see what is happening.  No running for me today (it's Thursday and Thursdays are rest days in a normal week).

Can do the lyrics, though, so I'm glad I dropped in.  Sharkie - I think it IS love, not laugh.  But I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it.

Go DD!!!

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Wabo - that's probably more plausible. Thinking about it, I'd been eating more white meat and fish over the last while. Probably because I'm the only one here who really loves red meat, so for the sake of simplicity......

AB - it would be a good marker for where you're at. And just remember if it doesn't hurt like hell then you're not doing it right image

Chin up Pammie. I love this song. My Mum and Dad always had it on when we were growing up and I heard it on the radio and it brought a big smile to my face image

Sharkie - I had thought so too, but I always google lyrics before I put them up to make sure I've got them right and every place I checked had love.......

Bad luck Joe. Hope it's nothing major.

Cheers DD. So far so ok. I guess this is one of the major advantages of reporting to a coach for me as if I were left to my own devices I'd be running much quicker than I currently am, and probably more often too.

• Fair dos TippTop. Although I secretly still think we are are right and the rest of the world are wrong. It SHOULD be laugh! Have to write to David Gates and tell him. If he's still alive.

Hope everything sorts out for you Sunday week, btw. I'm a bit behind with thread goings on.

One of my favourite miss-hears was Mr. S. who was convinced the couplet from All Along the Watchtower was as follows:

There must be some way out of here
    Said the joker to the bee.

The BEE! I ask you!

Hmm. After this ridicule from me Mr. S has just said "Ok. So how often does a ****** *** make you laugh then? Unless he's really rubbish..."

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh yes I have thelyrics now sharkie!! Course I know it, my eldest bro gave me a tape of their greatest hits!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

oh yes thats not what I came here for

Just back for 5 mile run that went, 1 m w/u 3 miles with fartlek, 1 mile c/d and it was tough. Hot slow and tough, I do like fartlek though!  It helps me when I am feeling a bit lethargic.

scobos nice session

• hope it isn't too late to wish DD and slow duck all the best for comrades !

not much time to keep up at mo, hope everyone going well
    just to balance things up  i can't bear today's singer but i do know the song

double day today i.e 5 mile steady run this morning and pool/gym at lunchtime as no training opportunities tuesday or wednesday

got whizzy pins and needles nerve thing in forearm/ fingers but doesn't hurt so hopefully not trapped

• Just keep on running DD

Scobos - those times are more like my 600m rep times....

Gobi - sounds re the biking that you've still got excellent fitness; but it'll be nice to put it to the test soon...have a load of other niggles cleared up with a break from pounding the earth (the bright side?)

What: 6 Miles slow
    Why: Club out run, an excuse to loosen up after Weds track session, which was suppposed to be in taper: Wokingham forecast temp just dropped 1 deg - that's another 20s quicker then..
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Saturday

TT - you sure you did 10K in 33 - looked far too comfy , I think I even got a please and thank you as you asked me to move over... image

• Evening

What:  6 miles with 25 mins (approx 4 miles) LT.  41 mins in total

Why:  It's good for me?

Last hard:  last Friday

Last rest:  9/5/09

Lyrics:  Still don't get it!

Pammie - hope things pick up for you this week

Joe - hope the calf heals up... with all those recent races maybe you just need to take it relatively easy

Scobos - nice session!

Gobi - some good cycling going on there!  Hope the run at the weekend is successful

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Pammie, hope you find your pick-me-up
    Joe, take it easy

What - 7.5m
    Why Club Run and very nice too
    Last hard - Sun
    LastRest - Tues

Take care

• NZChristineNZChristine ✭✭✭

Pammie - hang in there girl, I seem to have lost my mojo too - I'm sure it will come back.

Scobos - nice even reps.

Clink - I had a carpel tunnel op many years ago - the pain in my shoulder was the most unbearable bit, plus my grip was pretty bad. Hope it isn't that. If it is you get out of doing the dishes for a while.

What: No run - as above - also trying to give my heel, calf a bit of a rest.

Good running everyone and have a wonderful Comrades Dubai Dave and Slow Duck!! 

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

MG - I was brought up to be polite image

Jason - if you know the lyrics you say yes, if you don't you say no.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    MG - I have spent so much of this year injured I don't have any niggles at all :¬0

regards the lyrics - if you are me you never know them :¬)