Headband / head sweatbands

2»

Comments

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    what you all need is one of these babies

Sweat GUTR

apparently they work well in keeping sweat out of the eyes but by dog at the expense of looking a twat!!!

no UK dealer but you can buy online and they ship to the UK - if you so wish....
  • Mike and fat b - both interesting suggestions! image
  • slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    the cap I wear is made of very light, thin wicking material, and doesn't make my head feel any hotter than running without it.  I've often thought of trying a buff, but I thought they'd probably be warmer than the cap.
  • Another vote here for me and Mr Schmunkee for the buff.  I wear mine as a headband, Mr Schmunkee wears his as a beanie.  He also uses one for day-to-day use in weather like we have experienced lately as he shaves his head and it provides cover against sunburn
  • I`ve now started wearing my headband around my wrist until the sweat starts flowing and then I put it on me head! Top tip!
  • Good God!

You mean that some people think that they aren't in fashion?

It's a rare day when I don't have one on. Like many of us with a wide parting (Heathrow runway more like) there's not much Barnet to mop up the moist excesses from exercise. If I don't wear a sweatband then it all rolls into the eyes and is most unpleasant. I don't even need glasses or contacts, so that's no excuse.

When racing a marathon I do find that it needs extra absorbency for the full 26..........so I turn it round some time after halfway! Job done.

There is one major advantage. At London marathon, there's a sea of bobbing heads and the support team can spot my white headband quite easily....

• Ha!  You lot have inspired me!  I paid a visit to my local (ish) retail park at the weekend and picked up a (black) Adidas sweatband, AND a white wicking lightweight cap!  I tried the cap on Sunday and it's ace!  Until I read this thread I did not know such a thing existed!   Anyway, it's brill, so light I don't know it's on, and enough to protect you too.  I just wish it was not white (it's already dirty!)...but I suppose it's white for a reason!

Not so sure about the headband....it's not been hot enough to try yetimage think it looks ok though!   Will let you knowimage

Thanks for the advice anyway.

• Fantastic to hear of more converts!!!

I also do the `turn it around` trick! Sometimes I take it off for a while and `waft` it in the hope that it dries out a bit!
  • Reidy 36Reidy 36 ✭✭✭

I was going to put a thread on about keeping sweat off my glasses, like some after a while i can't see through my glasses as it goes all blurry.

I was thinking about using something like rain x the treatment for car windows, but unsure how it would effect my lens coating, does anybody know of a hydrophobic coating specifically for glasses? I have Rudy projects.

As sad/funny as it sounds, like the idea of the sweat gutr, supoose it does look a little silly, but unlike sweat bands, it gets rid of the sweat and not soak up. May have to get some for my birthday image

• My dad always used to wear a sweatband when he went running - he did wear glasses so maybe that's why. It was green and woolly and when I was younger I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen and I tried it on myself all the time. I still think they look pretty cool although I don't wear one myself, just never found the need.
  • just use vaseline as already suggested, not the fashion answer  but it does work,as worn by boxers, rugby football players they have been using petroleum jelly before Billy Wrights days.
  • Global warming dictates that we will prevail. Soon the headband will be de riggeur (sp?) and no longer the butt of jokes. Towelling headgear will soon be the second most important piece of gear for the serious runner, and it`ll push trainers for the top slot in certain countries. Mark my words.
  • I`m a bit worried that the boy R Fed has damaged my cause. He doesn`t look too good in his headband. Thankfully mine suits me much better . . .