Is Michael Jackson - dead!!!!

Comments

• bos1 wrote (see)

Jackson paid off to keep people quiet.  As an adult he shared bed with children.  Would you spend the night with him?

Well i recon you might be safe now, unless he tries to remake the thriller video.
  • What are you trying to say Lardarse?  Are you trying to joke about child molestation?

I suggest you dont.

• runnerman wrote (see)
     He will be more greatly remembered for his music and his talent than everything else.
    are you sure?
  • CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    the dude abides wrote (see)

ok i was wrong to say the first bit categorically.

nobody really knows if he molested those kids. I just don't believe he did.

To see his behaviour as that of a paedo is the rational thing, but actually I think his actions are stranger than that, in that he really did want to be a child and did court the company of young children, due to his horrendously sad upbringing.

But paedo or no paedo, he was a stunningly brilliant artist. Ive friends who belong to every musical background (metal, punk, pop, reggae, techno) and they all agree that MJ was outstanding.

so i'm not quite sure how you can be surprised at 'all the fuss' Colonel. It is Michael Jackson yo?

Hyperbole Dude?... we're going to be subjected to plenty of that over the next week or so

He did f*ck all noteworthy after 'Thriller' -  This was fantastic though

He was never really to my taste - no chainsaw guitars or moody lyrics in a Manchester accent... but I know f*ck all about music - I only like the sound it makes.

• wasn't a fan, I'm not much into pop music and thought he was weird, but I do agree he was a great performer. The US stations are reporting that he died of heart failure last night and his body was taken by helicopter for autopsy as no ambulance would have been able to get through the crowds in the streets. His manager stated that MJ had a heart attack brought on by over use of medications. Whatever the reason, 50 is a very young age to depart this life. RIP.
  • Ultra-Ironwolf wrote (see)
    wasn't a fan, I'm not much into pop music and thought he was weird, but I do agree he was a great performer. The US stations are reporting that he died of heart failure last night and his body was taken by helicopter for autopsy as no ambulance would have been able to get through the crowds in the streets. His manager stated that MJ had a heart attack brought on by over use of medications. Whatever the reason, 50 is a very young age to depart this life. RIP.

There are plenty who have died a lot younger then 50, Ultra-Ironwolf. I think Elvis died at 42 or 44 and Princess Di pass away before she was 40. I would countlessly say that many have passed away a lot younger and at a unacceptable age.

Note to everyone: Heart FM are playing round the clock Michael Jackson hits since 1am this morning. There will be a Pat Sharp special at 9am. Its going to be horrible day at work.

• Can't say I'm that fussed either way about him dying, I never understood the mania about Diana. He did some good stuff many years ago but nothing that really fired me up for a very long time.
  • runnerman wrote (see)

Note to everyone: Heart FM are playing round the clock Michael Jackson hits since 1am this morning. There will be a Pat Sharp special at 9am. Its going to be horrible day at work.

LOL Runnerman, even if it did feel a bit wrong!

Blimey, Jacko and Farrah Fawcett.  In the words of The Who, my generation, or at least my childhood stars.  Feels odd.....

•  Yet, Somehow most of the The Who and the Rolling Stones are still here! image
  • Sprint Akie wrote (see)
     Yet, Somehow most of the The Who and the Rolling Stones are still here! image
    I don't think they are still alive - just embalmed internally
  • What's the difference between Mancheter United & Michael Jackson?

United will still be playing Giggs in August!

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Michael who??

<tunes back in to Classic FM>

• Sorry didn't see it image

Anyway promoter have had to hastily rename his O2 tour to ' You're not gonna be starting something'

• whatever he had wrong with him,he couldn't beat it!
  • People bandy around the term "genius" too readily, I think. He might have been borderline innovative, but certainly no genius.
  • Just been announced that in a tribute to Michael Jackson Rolf Harris will be doing "Two Little Boys" at Glastonbury.
  • Ok call me really boring etc etc etc but I kinda think that child abuse jokes are so not in good taste.

Sorry but I don't see what is remotely funny about child abuse.

Just my opinion and I await the shooting down of it.

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    bos1 wrote (see)

What are you trying to say Lardarse?  Are you trying to joke about child molestation?

I suggest you dont.

Classic runners world post.    

• Bunch of sick f***s, the lot of you.
  • I don't think anyone joking about child abuse is acceptable either.

But I don't think that anyone is intentionally joking about child abuse here.

I think that if you are accused of murder 5 times - there has to be some truth in it. He admitted having kids sleep over in bed - we don't know what happened there but I for one will believe the children first.

• Overuse of medication is being bandied around (is that not potentially suicide?)

I don't understand all this bloddy hype? And genius????? Einstein was a genius, Jacko????

Oh well, days of bloody tributes by a media that was happy to destroy him during the child allegations and now herald him as the best thing to ever happen to music. I'm sick of it already.

• It always happens like that.

Maybe it's the eternally optimistic human spirit that when someone dies, you automatically sympathize?
  • popsider wrote (see)
    bos1 wrote (see)

What are you trying to say Lardarse?  Are you trying to joke about child molestation?

I suggest you dont.

Popsider, I dont understand your post. Can you explain it please.

• PloddingOn wrote (see)
    It always happens like that. Maybe it's the eternally optimistic human spirit that when someone dies, you automatically sympathize?

Depends who it is. I can't imagine too much weeping and wailing going on when Gary Glitter pops his clogs. I for one would happily dance on his grave.

Of course, he was convicted and Jackson wasn't. And Jackson was a far more talented artist, if that makes a difference, which it probably does for some.

• I personally thought Michael Jackson was a very talented man and have listened to his music for my whole life.

The charges of child molestation were never (and will never be) proven. From watching documentaries on him I think Michael was massively naive and was so child-like and simplistic in his thinking that he saw nothing wrong with sleeping in a bed with children. Unfortunately surrounding himself with 'yes men' meant that no one had the guts to point out to him that it was a bad idea. Thats my take on it, but obviously everyone has their own theory

Whatever anyone thinks about him, he leaves behind 3 children (I'm not convinced they're biologically his, but they have been brought up with him as their father) which is a tragedy.

• Runnerman - it depends on your viewpoint. As someone rapidly appoaching the 60 mark, 50 seems to me very young to die as I do not intend to pop my clogs for a long time yet.
  • popsider wrote (see)

bos1 wrote (see)

I suggest you dont.

Popsider, I may being doing you a disservice but my impression is that you may think my post is "PC" motivated .  i understand there will be jokes about this and I have seen the jokes thread and I am not telliing anyone not to tell jokes.There is a time and place for it and I deliberately have refrained from giving my veiws on the joke thread.

The context of this thread there was a discussion about whether Jackson was a molester or not.  I contributed to that discussion and tried to point out that if there is a crime there is a victim and that should not be ignored.  As I see it Lardarse then attempted to make a joke about it.  I dont think it was the right place for a joke. Too much sexual abuse gets ignored or under reported.  A tiny proportion of rapists are convicted.

My motivation is not PC.  My motivation is having to deal with something horrible that happened to a child.  It is having to deal with a child suffering from depression in teenage years and continuing problems in adult life.  A child molestion can be a life sentence for the victim.

I dont think I am PC but I do think my life experience has been different from yours.   i casn see that robborunner is getting unfair abuse on the joke thread.  I dont know his circumstances but I know mine.  Unfortunately I am unlikely to be the only one to have this in their life.  I dont think you will ever understand how much I would want to be able to read or tell Jackson jokes without the emotions that it brings back to me.  I personally cannot understand how a father-to-be like Coops can revel in molestation jokes.

I wouldnt want you to have my viewpoint.  i would want you to understand why my viewpoint might be different to yours.

As I say I may be doing you a disservice and reading your post wrongly.