Best TT bike for 2k

Im looking for a time trial bike and got around 2 grand to spend on it. People I've spoken to so far have recommended either the Scott Plasma or Cervello P2 as the best 2 buys in this price range. Anyone have any experience of these bikes or got any other suggestions for bikes in the 2k range. Cheers.

Comments

• At that kind of price - you cant go wrong really. Performance wise - I really dont think one would outdo another.

Getting the bike that fits you the best would be my advice, so you need a good LBS with good fitting advice ?
  • GP - take a gander at the Boardman TT bike and the own brand Ribble ones - they may not have the brand name of the Scott or Cervelo but will probably do the same job for less dosh and then you can add bling with the money saved. and Dolan does a good one I think

and dare I say - Planet-X [hack......] - good VFM but as common as a chav in Iceland
  • F.oggyF.oggy ✭✭✭

Mr Buddah,

I lived in Iceland for a couple of years, I saw plenty of geysers, but not many chavs!!!

• Try the wiggle brand (focus). I have and therefore recommend a kinetic one. Not a bling brand so much cheaper and better bang for buck. Also like supporting the little men out there. Andy Morgan is an ace bloke and won't sell you a pup.
  • it don't matter how much money you spend on the bike - its all about the rider and the performance he or she puts in. you may look a fool if you've spent 2k on a bike and don't perform on TT's - seen many a folks with mege expensive bikes at tri's and they ain't very good bike riders!
  • Love it! wrote (see)
    it don't matter how much money you spend on the bike - its all about the rider and the performance he or she puts in. you may look a fool if you've spent 2k on a bike and don't perform on TT's - seen many a folks with mege expensive bikes at tri's and they ain't very good bike riders!
    Nice, concise, constructive answer that entirely missed the question.
  • PUKE - just stating a fact the if you a bad bike rider 2k spent on a bike won't make you Chris Hoy or Mark Cavendish! ! image

• Thanks for the advice guys I'll have a look at the brands mentioned. I'm not bothered about big names, my road bike is made by Di Maso, which no one seems to have heard of,  it's a lovely bike. Cervello and Scott were the two names that kept cropping up when I was asking around, no one mentioned anything else which was why I thought people on here would know about other makes. 2k is the top limit but if I dont have to spend that much I wont.
  • Love it! wrote (see)

PUKE - just stating a fact the if you a bad bike rider 2k spent on a bike won't make you Chris Hoy or Mark Cavendish! ! image

Yes, no doubt thats wht you were stating, but it still entirely missed the question I asked. Did it not? Now chill out, please.
  • PX Stealth full Ultegra and 101 back/50 front wheel combo I brought mine 2 years ago for £1900 it is one hell of a rocketship and the quality compared to other makes is right up there sure you see a few at the races cos they are such a deal but it seemed to me every other bike at IMUK seemed to be a Cervelo my winger has a Quintana Roo seduza and wishes he had gone PX after riding mine + its great blasting past bikes that cost twice the price image 
  • Not really, more a stating the bleeding obvious than a real point, designed at throwing the thread away from its intendid purpose, much the same as your post Zanzinger. Anyway, I've had a few decent suggestions. So I'm off. Thanks for the sensibloe advice Cougie, FB and PSC image. Thanks Ridgebackmax, I'll have a look.
  • Love it! wrote (see)
    it don't matter how much money you spend on the bike - its all about the rider and the performance he or she puts in. you may look a fool if you've spent 2k on a bike and don't perform on TT's - seen many a folks with mege expensive bikes at tri's and they ain't very good bike riders!

Sometimes its just nice to have a nice bike, besides whats the matter with buying speed?

• Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Sometimes its just nice to have a nice bike, besides whats the matter with buying speed?

Depends on the type o speed you're buying and whether the law are around.image
    haileunlikely wrote (see)

how exciting Gizzards,

and wow, what a great post by 'Love it'..... 

Tis Haile, I'm using the bike to work scheme, gets you about 40% off the price, but the scheme only (I say "only") goes up to £1000, thats the only way I can afford such an expensive bike.
  •  spotted this, on of the tripers selling thier cervelo.  might save you a few bob for new wheels or a power meter, or a holiday.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230366227152&item=230366227152&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

• Pebble 2Pebble 2 ✭✭✭

GP spend what you want on a bike, its your cashimage

£2000 buys you a lot of bike, as has been said I'd go for a LBS (local bike shop) if possible. For 2k the bike will come equiped with a mix of Ultegra and Dura Ace components, Shimano's top of the range kit.

What I did was get a bike for £1500 and buy a nice set of race wheels, Cosmic Carbonne. So I train on the stock wheels come race slip on the Cosmics right into race modeimage

• What pebble says. Spend less on bike with wheels. Get a disc wheel job done.

1.5k TT bike, £500 disc from planet X = niceness.

Pebble you just need to go faster image Ok the 10 is a one off LOL

• I've got Cosmic carbones too - fab wheels I really like them.

Is the TT bike for 10-25mile TT or for long distance tri? that might affect your choice if the former, you might go for a very steep seat tube angle and a disc wheel; if the latter a slighter slacker angle and not a disc would be better for all but the very best riders.

the PX is not especially steep but you can make it functionally steeper by having the seat forward and sitting right on the nose.

• I have the Cervelo P2, its a fantastic bike, also look at the Kuota Kaliber, also a very good frame.  If you have 2k is that just for Frame and Forks or the entire bike?  Not much point in having a great frame and a pair of aksium wheels.  I would recomend the cervelo though but speak to your LBS, size is more important than brand, its your position that will make you faster, once you are spending that sort of money you wont notice the difference unless you are a very experienced rider.
  • doozer, are you okay? you've not recommended an aero helmet!
  • You need to be good to have one of them, ask Carl!!