Facebook

I have a profile on Arsebook, but rarely look on there and don't really use it at all.  I have a few 'friends' - nearly all related to my running club.

I had an email the other day saying "You haven't been back to Facebook recently.You have received notifications while you were gone", and telling me I had 18 tags and two friends requests.

When I click the link to the 18 tags*, it shows me twenty seven Facebook users that are "suggestions" that I might like to add as friends.

Some are people that I know from the forum, some are pirates (they are wearing the kit), one is the father of someone I know, and one is someone from my running club.

Some, from looking at the profiles, I can see that I know some of THEIR "friends", even though I'm not connected to them via Facebook.

Those that I have "mutual friends" with I can see how the connection was made, but how/why has Facebook connected me to a lot of Forumites who I have no Facebook connection with?

I find it a bit creepy that Facebook selects a group of people and encourages me to contact them and ask to be their "friend".

*also, it doesn't direct me to the tags, nor does there appear to be any two people waiting to hear whether I accept them and friends.

Comments