So what's with the distance?

2»

Comments

• LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

I did a test the other week that said I was probably a halfer.

Pray, what test be this, LB?
  • fairy elephant wrote (see)

I'm best at 100 or 200 metres and even that isn't brill, I was a 400 and 800m runner at school. The only reason I got to run the 800 was because nobody else wanted to do it.

I'm more of an enthusiasic rather than talented runner!

Reminds me of when i was at school - I did the 800m, 1500m, and cross-country races for school because they weren't hugely popular!

I'm not a very good runner, but I really enjoy 10Ks, and did my first half marathon this year to see if I could manage one!  I'll definitely be doing another. 

I'd like to do a marathon, and I think I have the mental power for it, but I'm not sure my knees would be up to it!  Also not sure I want to spend more time away from my family while training for one.

• i was 100m hurdles at school and 4x 100 m relay,use to do the cross country to get out of school grounds for a smoke.

i like marathons as they make half's a doddle

when abingdons out of the way,ask me again

•  its about four years now that i am running, so i guess im a runner. my fav is 10k, and i set one full year to prepare for the race, mainly developing speed ( jan09 was 56mins.my taget around 45min ) help me God. i run my first marathon jan 2010 Dubai.
  • Dear liverbird, I can get the God you're mental look here for any distance from 3 miles upwards! Maybe it's my age...
  • I did the Tanners 30 at age 16. That was a looooong time ago!

Favourite distance was for years 25km but the IAAF took that off the official race distances back in the 80s. Now there's only the odd one or two trail race, did one last Saturday. But nowadays my distance is the 226!

(swim/bike/run  image)