Mundane thread

Comments

• Morning all - a bit annoyed here...I booked us yesterday for Club La Santa - for two trips, the 70.3 training camp in Semptember for MrGFB  to do (deposit £200) and for the time when the actual 70.3 is on in November (£99 deposit) - was chatting to Jenn and she said - "you do know the first one is when the baby is due" and I was alll image - so I phoned today to see if I could cancel the first one and put the deposit on for the second date.  Told no - you'll lose the whole deposit...I replied that we had booked CLS holidays for  the last 8 years (sometimes twice a year due to races and training camps) - well they let us move £100 to the later date and we lost £100. I realise that they have a policy about deposits - but geez! it's one day and we're regular customers...a bit pizzzzed off about that!! image

*And breathe* 

Sunny here again today - I seem to be coming down with a lurgy image

• I've just had to avoid Bambi on the M1 at 70 mph image   (I was doing 70mph, not Bambi!)

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
  • That must have been terrifying Saffy! image 

• In mundane news, I have just reported our unemptied recycling bin image

• ...and our waste disposal news - I've ordered a skip for MrGFB for the weekend as all  we'll be away at a conference this weekend and he'll clear the house out!!

• Quite right Bear, you don't expect to put out your bin on Lime Tuesday and come back to find it was fruitless.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I've nearly sorted through one room of my house and put aside all the stuff I want to take.

Unfortunatly, its the room with the least stuff in it so that's not such a big achievement, and there are a lot of rooms left to go through.

• The Dawn Shadow wrote (see)

(((Cake))) That sounds really good, it'd be great to meet up with you again. image

image I'll have my people talk to your people and arrange. I'm presently free weekends of 17th and 24th so sure we can sort something out. Saffy would you be up for a socail bike ride to your not that far from DS I think?

Oh and (((hugs))) for missing the dear it would have made a right mess the poor thing.

• lol DS,I'd feel like a proper lemon!

• In mundane news there is a special host on have I got news for you tonight.

It's.....

William Shatner!!!!!!!!!!! image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I think that will be one to avoid, Cake.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Now onto the most cluttered room in the house.  I've gone through the easy cupboard, where most of it was mine and stored neatly in boxes already.  Next I need to tackle the difficult stuff.

Eyes are hurting.  Not sure whether that is because of hayfever or all the dust I am disturbing.

• (((Cake))) Could you tell your people that my people say either of those dates look fine at the moment?

(((Scaz))) Mundany hugs on what I can imagine is a difficult task.

• image Dawn excellent I'll ask the boss later unless she reads this first. image

• blame the hayfever. Or the dust. Or both. Double blame. ((SC))

I now have:

a clean bathroom, clothes put away, floors hoovered, fridge de-yucked, bins out (but not out out) dishwasher emptied and reloaded, washing to go into the machine in a bit, counters almost wiped and a shopping list almost made. Mundane yet productive.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Just found a huge stack of photos from university and earlier.  They used to be the first thing that I unpacked and stuck on the wall when I moved into new digs, so are all torn and covered in blutak but there are some wonderful memories there and people who I haven't seen for years.

• Spent the last hour hunting round for various bills and passport to demonstrate I am who I am to the Health Professionals Counciland now I can't find my cheque book grrr

Frantic tidy needed before SC arrives tomorrow image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I think I saw the cheque book down the back of the freezer Bear image.  There can't be much to tidy as it wasn't long since I was last there.

*bounce bounce bounce bounce*  I've got an interview lined up for Monday!  I wish they had told me earlier as I'm not going to get a lot of time to research the company.

And the agency put me in for another job today too.

• Yay great news!

I've actually untidied stuff looking for the chequebook image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Lol Bear!

Parts of my house are looking very tidy.  The spare room is getting less tidy as I fill it up with boxes of stuff that I am taking with me.

• oooh well done SC! fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!

Bear - I have no freaking idea where my chequebook is...I'd be snookered if I ever needed it!

• ...just went to look for mine and it's finished!!  I was just about to post out about 4 cheques :O ah well I'll have to have a rootle about at home and see if there is another one eek!

• SuperCaz wrote (see)

Just found a huge stack of photos from university and earlier.  They used to be the first thing that I unpacked and stuck on the wall when I moved into new digs, so are all torn and covered in blutak but there are some wonderful memories there and people who I haven't seen for years.

image I've got a big stack like that leveller's poster's, pedioric table ect... These day's can't see where to put them one but don't want to throw them out. image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I don't think I have my posters any more.  I think they got thrown as we decorated our first house and got proper grown up pictures instead.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

It doesn't help, but I know where my cheque book is image

Excellent news re. the interview Caz. What's the job?

Cake and DS - I only read back one page so I'm not quite sure what you're on about. I'll ask my people to look into it for me. Or I'll just ask Cake when he gets home. 

My head is pounding. A combination of a full-on session in the gym (I've re-broken my back/hip/somewhere in that region again image) and warm weather. 

• image Sexy DS was saying about stuff and bikes and surgested might be fun if met up and went for a potter about. Thinking could cycle down there say hello and cycle back depending on the distances or and how about this for a plan we could both come down unload the bikes and go for a potter and I'll cycle back up. Hopefully when saffy reads she might want in and stuff.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Sexy DS? Is there something I should know? image

• image Your sexy and DS is short for dawn shadow. image

What do you think or should I ask you in a bit?