Friday 23rd May

2»

Comments

• Afternon all!

Alison - good to see you back. So if the firt three miles are uphill I take it the next 10 are flat or downhill? I'd much rather confront a hill at mile 1 than mile 12 when I'm already knackered with snot all over my face.

Speaking of which ....
    What: 18 miles steady. Mr LizzyB found me a 20m circular route about 40km away, so I drove there in fantastic sunny weather, terrorising tourists in their Toyota yaris hire cars on the clifftop roads (I know where the bends are). Blue sea, blue skies, little fishing boats ... lovely .... Anyway, ran some of the route but a bridge across a river - linking the road I was running on with the road I wanted to run on - had collapsed sometime between our map being printed and today, and, further on, the local council had shut the jeep track I was running on to upgrde it to a proper road. So did a weird sort of out and back with a big loop at one end.

Couldn't quite make it up to 20 miles though -lost interest a bit at the end. Too much scenery (mountains, etc.), a bit of a sensory overload.

Good luck everyone racing this weekend
  • Good luck with your training Alison, yes, what is it with blokes and chainsaws?

Good luck with your races Swerve.
    Don't leave it so long next time MM - and can you scout around for Achilles then we'll have the original Horvillers back on here, possibly supplemented with Mr chiselled biceps himself (you know who you are dan).

Lizzy, you had a better excuse than the usual to change your route!

Drew, you're back in the land of no pain no gain then.

Can't remember everything else so have a great weekend folks and happy racing/visiting/drinking or whatever you're doing.

What: 4.5 miles, possible swim.
    Why: just back from bank holiday traffic jam coming back from Manchester and the pool opens at 6.
    Last hard: last Sat
    Last rest: Wed

• Didn't run today, sorry.

Family commitment this morning.

My new bike arrived this afternoon. This involved three hours of stripping the various bits off the old one and putting them on the new one. Then I had to go out on it (of course).

• Wow new bike Steady. Excellent. Would love to buy a new bike. May have to cane the credit card. My current racing model cost me £25 from the paper, and my MTB not a great deal more! Got a lot of use out of both.

Hope you get lost of nice weather to try it out on. It's not looking promising at the moment.
  • Alison W,
    Welcome back,

8M steady went well.

I do however have a problem!
    The race numbers for the 10K I'm organising in two weeks time have a spelling mistake on them. There is no time to change them because runner's want their number's!
    The race is sponsored by MicroDoctor but it's been spelt MicroDocter
    Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

• drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Tim, could you not just doctor the numbers?
  • Welcome back Alison, nice to see you.

Sounds like a nice long run LizzyB.

Slept most of today, due to being back on the night shift:

What: 50 Lengths swimming, followed by a hard 3k run

Why: Not much time, but wanted to get a reasonable swim in, and see how the legs copped after yesterdays speed session.

Last Rest: Tuesday

Last Hard: Yesterdays speed session

Have a good weekend
  • Drew,

Good joke!

I thought of that but all that work!
    Luckily our sponsor is also a runner so I think he will understand I hope!!!!!!
    Perhaps he won't notice.

Maybe I could be ill on the day?
  • Hi all.

Just back from tempo run. Averaged 5.51 miling for 20 mins (3.41 miles). Felt pretty crap, dehydrated, not been drinking enough water this week.

Is half marathon pace about right for a tempo run?

No one will be bothered about the mistake Tim, only pedants.

Hope the training's going well Drew. Fascinated to see how it goes.
  • Hello- I led, I got out for my lunch time run round Bretton, so feeling pleased. I have Prestwich Multi terrain on Sunday then White Rose Duathlon on Monday- oops.
  • That should say "lied".
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    What:5 miles tempo
    Why:because....
    Last hard:today
    Last rest:yesterday
  • got out much later than I wanted to (20:45) & just wasn't up for a speed session at all.

Elected to do a 9.3K at (guessing) AT intensity. Did it in 37:10 - acceptable I suppose.

now disconnecting & back to grappling with Personal Oracle for Win98 on a non-optimally tuned PC....