VLM 2010 Survivors

Comments

• Wow thanks Hash and Rio! You wouldn't believe how amazing that is for me!
  • Great pics Relaxed!!

Me niether Hash.  I have a whole 2 weeks off now.  No doubt it is going to do nothing but rain for the next fortnight as I have to get out on the bike!! image

• Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks Relaxed image
  • Great pictures Relaxed!!

I'm at work but can't focus!!  Much rather be on here right now! 

• wow! - great  photos!image

• I sort of survived image DOMS is not too bad at all a bit stiff if I've been still for too long that is all.....But my right leg ITB image

But the worst of all I am feeling really low, both yesterday and today, sort of deflated and depressed and wonders what next after the anticlimax of Sundays marathon...is anyone else feeling like this?

I need a new challenge to look forward to I think, a marathon sounds good as I still want a sub 4 preferably sub 3.30.

• Hello all, can I join in?

I've been on Lucy's SuperSix thread, and Support Group 8 - what a lifesaver you lot have been!

I'd love to meet up and/or do a South East Half at some point.. and I'm definitely up for another 'back of the pack' marathon at some point..

MadWelshWoman(https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/jaynierance) wrote (see)
    I'd like to join in with this thread if that's okay? I am planning on doing Cardiff half in October.

Hello MadWelshWoman, lovely to see you on Sunday!

• Zaba what you are feeling is a recognised condition!!  Lots of people get it.  What you need is something else to focus on and fast!

I always have another event sometime in the near(ish) future otherwise I would stop training altogether I think.  Find a good half somewhere and get training again, gently to start with and you will soon be on top of the world.  Or do something different.  Run off road, get on a bike, go for a swim, anything!

• Hello all, I'm from Spinkletoes' thread and I survived the London Marathon 2010. Four of my toenails didn't, and it took me all day, but I have a medal and I finished. And despite saying never again, I'm aiming for Loch Ness in October, because it's my homeland and I'll have lots of family to cheer me on!

• Good for you marathonmummy.  Well done.  Wear the medal with pride, it will be the first of many I am sure image
  • /members/images/148102/Gallery/karen1.jpeg

Whoop whoop excellent idea for new thread image

Two pics up of me so far, one approaching the finish line, and one after the finish line.  The first one has driven home to me how big my quads have become over the last 2 months (well, jeans were already telling me that.)

• Thank you Rio! What's really lovely is that despite taking allllllll day (they were packing up all around me) I've had so many 'proper' (ie fast) runners telling me well done. Everyone has to start somewhere, don't they? I'm on such a high I feel like I could explode with happiness! image
  • I know not everyone appreciates lists image, so thought I would ask what people would prefer.  Would it make things more orderly to have a list of events and who is hoping to be at which event?
  • Well done Marathonmummy (is it ok if i abbreviate that to MM?) - just think you were on your feet probably twice as long as a lot of the other faster ones so thats REAL endurance you have achieved!  Brilliant you want to do it again too!image
  • Hi Pinkerbelle, yes, abbreviate away! Going to try and lose several stone before the next one (planning the MK half in July) so that hopefully I'll be a bit faster and the poor old feet won't have so much weight to carry, even if they have to keep going for ages. image

• Hi everyone - intruder from Group 2 here image

Well, the Brum half is about as close as it gets for a "home" race for me, and I've done it every year since it started (that sounds well impressive, doesn't it?! Until you realise it only started in 2008 image) so I'm kinda obliged to run it this year too. Might be tempted by a couple of others too image

• MM - I am always amazed by the faster men at my club who really respect what I do.  They say they couldn't imagine running for that long.

My medals hang from the curtain pole downstairs.  Well the marathon ones and the one for Stratford Half do (it was a nice one).  All others have long vanished except for things like first 10 miler which is in a drawer.

• *waves madly to HT*

MM you stay on that high, you've run a hell of a long way to get up there

Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    I know not everyone appreciates lists image, so thought I would ask what people would prefer.  Would it make things more orderly to have a list of events and who is hoping to be at which event?

Oh yes please Schmunkee, as soon as I saw you on here I nearly suggested it, but didn't like to ask in case you were all listed out after VLM.  If you're sure you don't mind, that would be fab.

Meanwhile as a few of my mates are asking.......  What exactly was happening here?   I've explained that whatever it is, it's probably entirely normal for Mudchuteimage

• I like lists image

Hashette - hahahahah, lovin the photo image

• Mine used to hang off the headboard on the spare bed, until we had a couple of friends stay over.....

Hi BBimage

• Pinks - to answer your questions from the old thread image

As HT says parkrun is every week unless the weather makes it too risky.  We are even hoping to go ahead on Christmas morning in MK if someone will operate the timer image 

Saturday May 29th is going to be a special parkrun week with venues competing for numbers of new runners and things like that.  Lucozade are going to be at MK and there will be a Bring & Share 2nd breakfast afterwards on the grass.

Can you guess that I have been asked to be part of the Race Director team? image

Next marathon?  Probably South Downs in the middle of June although I haven't actually entered yet! 
    Next entered for is Abingdon in mid October but there is the little matter of an ultra in September and probably a couple of maras on back to back weekends in July.  I suppose I ought to make Mr S aware of my plans image

• Hashette wrote (see)
    Meanwhile as a few of my mates are asking.......  What exactly was happening here?   I've explained that whatever it is, it's probably entirely normal for Mudchuteimage
    I think it was some sort of initiation ceremony before I could enter the Runners Arms image
  • Owch - think I'm about to loose another toe nail, this time its the little toe.imageimage
  • Run To The Beat - 26/9/10
    VikW

Loch Ness Marathon - 3/10/10
    marathonmummy

Cardiff Half - 17/10/10
    MadWelshWoman
    Schmunkee
    Troublesome Knees

Birmingham Half - 24/10/10
    Basil Brush Mk II
    Pinkerbelle

Bedford Half - December '10
    Pinkerbelle
    Sparkly Bridget

• List Fairy - I'm definate for run to the beat.
  • I thought that photo was maybe you were all playing 'Twister' without the mat!!

MM if you are doing MK half are you anywhere near?  I'm in Beds.

Sparkly - is the parkrun in a different location each week? I want to try and get Mr Pinks and little Pinks into it!!!

Lists are awesome!!

• Hashette wrote (see)
    I don't do facebook! Whats the picture???image
  • Go Schmunkee List Fairy!!!!  excellent!

marathonmummy wrote (see)
    Thank you Rio! What's really lovely is that despite taking allllllll day (they were packing up all around me) I've had so many 'proper' (ie fast) runners telling me well done. Everyone has to start somewhere, don't they? I'm on such a high I feel like I could explode with happiness! image

Marathon Mummy - same here.. one of my work guys is so lovely, and he finished in 2:48 this year.. and was disappointed cos he was trying for 2:45... but we have great long chats!

Worked out that we both are in the emptier ends of the fields so it's a similar experience (with my 6:26 time image!)

• This has to be one of my favourite photos! I was sobbing like a baby and Nam captured it!
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/214736/Gallery/lon2010-m17_0.jpg

Rio and Hash - you'll regret telling me how to do this photo thing!!!!!image