Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Several points to the Ninja!

Ref swimming and having your head under the water, a tip I was given was to spend about 10 to 15 mins each time I was at the pool just dunking my head under the water, then pushing off from the side downwards then surfacing, then doing a few strokes without trying to lift and breathe then stopping, until I got used to the sensation and to get a feel for how long I could comfortably be under for. It's also a good way to get used to adjusting your goggles too.
  • Bows image

Thank you.

I've had worse comments from the chavs and white van mans here but at least they say it in English image 

• AllNew wrote (see)
    For the first time since I was made redundant, I am getting a bit worried about the money situation. I would probably be alright if Christmas wasn't looming. Please please please get round to scheduling this second interview so I know if I have the pennies to buy a few presents. Sorry to sound so demanding on this point, but I've been in this position before and the 'they want to see you for a second interview but they're struggling to find diary time' become 'oh, they filled the role, sorry' a month later.
    AllNew - this morning I went into the local temping agency and signed up, by teatime tonight they'd rang with two fill in temping jobs, neither really have anything to do with my preferred type of work and of course the hourly rate is a bit poop but I am glad to have the chance to earn a little cash what with Christmas looming.  Sorry if you have already been down this route and hopefully you'll get your second interview soon and then the job offer.
  • I'm so glad you're getting another hound, BotF image
    And Galgos are lovely - we have two that live nearby and we see in the park image
    Might be time to resurrect the puppies thread when he/she arrives!
  • image ... puppies ? .. did someone say puppies ??? image image

Sorry ... to business .....

dear grotesquely fat chav,

Your face was an absolute picture as you stared out through the chip shop window at the scene unfolding before your eyes. I would like to say I'm sorry, but as I'm most certainly not then I won't!

If you insist in parking on the (double yellow lined) pavement outside the chip shop, and leave so little room that my only choices are ... confrontation with your wing mirror, or run out in to the extremely busy main road ... I'm afraid it was always going to be me versus your wing mirror, and as was proved at lunchtime, there was only ever going to be one winner in that little battle!

P.S. I don't believe the fact there is a perfectly good (and empty) car park not 50 yards down the road will have escaped you, but then again that would have meant an additional waddle and your chips may have got cold !

• Thanks Miffi. I'm hoping I don't have to go down this route. Hope you get something permanent soon.
  • I've just had to turn the news off again because it hurts too much to watch image
  • AllNew wrote (see)
    Thanks Miffi. I'm hoping I don't have to go down this route. Hope you get something permanent soon.
    Thanks - I've got a bit of an idea for a social enterprise scheme, which would be doing something I got paid for along side something that I might not.  But it could be a while to get to the point of getting paid.  Still looking at the sits.vac sites etc a paid part time job would give me the money and time to play with my ideas.  But if they can find me enough temping stuff to tide me over that might work. 
  • Good luck AN, Mifffi and everyone else in the same boat. Just left a worried hubby at home who still doesn't know if his contract will end before Christmas. There seems to be absolutely nothing out there to even apply for at the moment. I know times are tough, but have all the personnel departments put recruitment on hold until after Christmas or what?
  • Dear driver...

Was dark this morning wasn't it... didn't you think???

The reason I flashed you is because you didn't have your lights on you fecking muppet!!  image

• Hashie that's just so crap. image

Maybe there is more on the horizon in the new financial year.  Things may pick up from April 1st with new grants etc?  If you were to get in a pickle, could you go 'interest only' on the mortgage for a bit? x

• Hash - Stil have everything crossed for you two.

An/Miffi - Have you contacted any companies direct on a speculative basis? I don't know what your jobs are but I got my current job doing that. The advantages for the company were that firstly they didn't have to pay a recruitment company and secondly as they'd not yet advertised the position, they didn't have to be bombarded by job applications. Good luck to you both.
  • Ninja
    Many points for your Japanese exploits.
    btw - I hope his comments were complimentary!

• LN something like that happend to me when I was in my early 20s in London.  A bunch of German lads, who were on some exchange programme, were happily discussing my derriere in their mothertongue.  We were squished in a busy tube carriage... I listened in for a while... then they were discussing if I might be Swedish or something other 'scandianavian'... and I turned around and told them "no sweetheart, I'm as German as you are!"

Bless them they were only 16 or so and one of them was so red he looked like his ears were on fire!  image

• Raaaaar!! 

Don't you dare use text language in an e-mail to me!  You're supposed to be a professional!

• Sometimes it's not good to be working with the public...you're all annoying the crap out of me today and I'm doing my best to be professional.
  • I'm feeling really depressed today.
    I know it's improper to mention it cos it makes people uncomfortable but it really hurts and I don't wanna keep it in.
  • Let it out then SOLB and tell it to take a hike.
  • Thanks Hash - I'll keep my fingers crossed for your husband, I've been in that situation, waiting to hear about funding, it's horrible not knowing sometimes I felt like a pawn in a game.  I hope you get some positive news soon.

Little Ninja,  thanks for that suggestion, someone recently told me 80% of jobs in this area never get advertised which is an astonishing number if its true. (person who told me works in employment training)    Glad things have worked out for you.  liked the boobage story.

• sometimes words just fail you...

I'd love to cook her in a giant microwave... image

• At what point in her tiny little brain did she think putting a kitten iin a microwave was acceptable?

She has a child? What is his upbringing like? I hope he's placed somewhere more suitible.

People make me so angry.

• Nam wrote (see)

LN something like that happend to me when I was in my early 20s in London.  A bunch of German lads, who were on some exchange programme, were happily discussing my derriere in their mothertongue.  We were squished in a busy tube carriage... I listened in for a while... then they were discussing if I might be Swedish or something other 'scandianavian'... and I turned around and told them "no sweetheart, I'm as German as you are!"

Bless them they were only 16 or so and one of them was so red he looked like his ears were on fire!  image

image Nam years ago I was at a rock festival in Germany where a young US couple fresh out of I assume school tried to ask me for a rolling paper (I'm assuming they wanted something to write on). After the second time I told them on both english and german that I was english myself and I didn't have one. After about a minute of this I eveally got out my passport and waved it at the them. Moral of the story if you are trying to speak german don't do it stoned and try to understand genuine english accent. image
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Lol - i've had similar things when i've been in Germany and English guys have made remarks. The best one was during the world cup in 2006. I was walking down a road and a group of guys were making some lewd comments so I turned around, told them in my most colourful English that I could understand them image
  • It's my bank, if I want to pay my credit card bill, transfer some money and take out cash then I will do just that.  Hopping from foot to foot muttering you are in a hurry and that people should do stuff online won't make me nor the teller go any faster.  Anyway, why weren't you doing whatever on line instead of humphing in my ear?

• Moan number 1 -

Dear RAC,

I have cancelled my direct debit.

On reviewing prices ahead of my february renewal I have discovered that you are offering your services at around £100 less to new customers than you charged me at my previous renewal. I shall be taking my custom elsewhere, unless once you've noticed my cancelled direct debit you offer me a startling reduction to stay!

Moan number 2 -

Dear professional body's website,

Thank you for emailing me my new password. Unfortunately your system has not recognised it when I have attempted to log in. You are now telling me you will look into this within the next 5 working days image

• Dog owners, if you dog is vicious and attacks other dogs, please muzzle it... I now have a £50 vets bill, a dog with an ripped up neck and my dad has a suspected broken finger and badly bruised hand after repeated beating your fleabitten mongrel, who wouldn't let go of my dog ..... I have just returned from working in Asia, long flight, etc and my poor dog is a mess (my dad was walking him and looking after him during the day whilst OH was at work). Also from the state of his injuries, it's not as you claimed the first time he has done this, hopefully next time it's not a child, I will be keeping an eye out for you and your hound and if I see it again without a muzzle on I am reporting it.... (or punching you in the face)
  • (((DeliH))) Did your dad get the owner's details?  They should be reported... and this is coming from a fellow dog owner.  Mine was attacked once, but after the event I was so shaken up, while I did have a go at the owner, I wasn't assertive enough to get his details.  I subsequently spoke to other local dog owners and a few of them had been attacked by that dog as well.  image
  • Tickled Pink wrote (see)

It's my bank, if I want to pay my credit card bill, transfer some money and take out cash then I will do just that.  Hopping from foot to foot muttering you are in a hurry and that people should do stuff online won't make me nor the teller go any faster.  Anyway, why weren't you doing whatever on line instead of humphing in my ear?

I read the last line as "humping in my ear"... imageimage
  • Now I really would have had something to say if he'd started that image

Would be worth having a word with the local dog warden even if you don't have the owners details Deli as odds on they will know who you're talking about.  Or ask the local dog owners if they know who the dog belongs to - that's how I worked out the owner of the dog who attacked my dog.  I reported her to the police, she retaliated by making a complaint about me that I had used abusive language .... guess who got the telling off ... image