RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Carrot- Cheers ma deers. This Jantastic business is starting to make me panicimage I just hope I don't let the team down.

• i think jantastic sounds like something that would be good for me...probably wont sign up but just set out a few key goals before i start each month ( unless i'm missing the point of it all ??)

• AA - I've got the later version, the 410, but basically the same. You have to use the bezel for everything, and it can be a bit tricky when you're running, esp if you've got gloves on. But down loading wirelessly with the Ant+ is great.

Glyn - Yes Jantastic is a good motivator. The minimum runs per week for Jan is 3 I think. Feb you just predict how long your lsr's will be. And March you predict a time you will finish a race or training run in. So it's not too hard core, unless your Minni etc, who are down for 7 runs per wk!????????
  • yes i think maybe sticking to a min of 3 runs per wk with a slightly longer run at the wkend is sufficiant enough of a target for me at this stage...i can get a bit competitive so i dont want to think about times until my body is broken back in again but i shall set a personal jantastic goal for myself tomorrow

• Simon is there anyway that I can turn it off to save the battery? And how can I lock it when I'm running as I keep touching the bezel. And lastly, how easy is it to put interval sessions in? Just a few questions to start with!!image
  • carterusm wrote (see)
    Minni - I have not yet managed 2 hours let alone 2 days without booze. But shhh, don't tell spoons image

• Glyn - well done image

I'm off to park run....

• Morning

AA; yes you can lock the bevel, I just can't remember how as its a long time since I used a 405. Intervals can be set under training, workouts, intervals or custom.

Don't panic about cycling there is 9 months until Henley.

Glynn: well done for getting out there

Minni: always on the recruitment drive for TM?

LSR this morning across the gravel tracks, 23.7 miles at 7-40 min/ miles average, last 5 k in 22 mins.

Survived the panto, off to the mall to spend kids Xmas money today.

Dry since Tuesday, will last until Monday!
  • It is black as your boot here, hammering down with rain and blowing a hooley.  Morning run has been postponed as we have a lot of trees round here and several have come down recently with the wind and rain - so going to break the habit of a lifetime and be sensible.  Will reassess later.  Of course if I needed to get a run in for Jantastic I would ignore whatever was going on outside image

• O4S - its so windy here too. Think its heading our way from you and we should get it at lunchtime...image

3 miles easy done and dusted ready for the mudfest tomorrow.

Have fun parkrunners image

• AA -  You lock/unlock the bezel by pressing the start/stop button and lap button at the same time.  Make sure you lock it if it's raining otherwise it keep switching screens if the bezel gets wet. Training, workouts. interval, for setting intervals set by time or distance then select do workout. 

DD -  Very decent long one. with a quick finish. 

I hope other Parkrunners faired better than me, I was shit this  morning, I know it was very windy but 20:57 that's 40 seconds slower than my first effort last week and I thought that was poor,6:50 avg that's slower than my HM paceimage.  Good job my mara training starts monday need something to sort me out.

• Once in Royal Dubai Dave city wrote (see)

Minni: always on the recruitment drive for TM?

She gets commission

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Wet for our parkrun Barry. The important thing to remember is it wasn't a race... It was never a race.... I decided to take it very easy..... I felt very comfortable all the way round and was hardly even out of breath at the end.
  • Did someone beat you then?

• Barry - cheers for that.

DD- excellent long run with an amazing last 5k image

Spoons....sounds like it image
  • sounds like you were shit, Min image. Remember, the marathon is the only distance that counts !!

Great running, DD! Blimey, but you've become sooo fast!! Are you gonna target sub 3:15 for the Dubai mara?

Barry: I'd be happy with your 5k time. I never managed a sub 21 time ... mind you, I tend to avoid the shorter distances like the plague coz they hurt and I'm rubbish at fast stuff.

AA: i have a 410 too (since my fall smashed the old Garmin to bits image). Like it a lot.

I'm tempted to up my Jantastic runs to 7 as well. It may motivate me enough to do some doubles so I get the odd rest day. I generally hate doubles but when I did some for VLM 2010 (my first round with P&D) I found them quite beneficial. Decisions, decisions image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I was pretty shit!  I could fob it off as a HM paced run but it never is really that, is it.  I mean I started off fast and got slower.  I thought I could pick it up in the last mile but I couldn't.  My time was 21:48 which is way slower than my last few, even though they are few and far between. 

However Sarah ran a storming race.  She started off fast and kept going! image I'm sure she won't mind me telling you she ran 20:28, which is faster than my pb anyway! 

It was really wet and muddy and pouring with rain so I'm sure Sarah could run much faster on a good day with the right conditions. imageimage

Chick - I went for 7 because I've been doing that anyway for the last few weeks.  I still have one day off.

• Chick: ,Yep ,I will give 3-15 a go, might be a crash and burn scenario but nothing ventured nothing gained. Looking at my garmin I ran the last 8 miles at  7-15 min / miles today so the pace is there. 

Minni: image?

• Well done those who ran ykws, tis horrible out there today!

DD - awesome long run there with a great finish.

Did 2 miles with the o.h in the rain this morn, building him up to his first ever park run mid Jan. Spin session planned for tomorrow am.
  • oh dear the legs are aching like crazy today !!! just shows how hardened your body gets with regular running, feels a bit like the day after the marathon today.

• Sarah- great parkrunning.

Barry and Minni- do not despair, the speed is on its way back!image

4x 1m tempo intervals for me on the track today in horrid conditions but all done at 7:00-7:05mm so slightly faster than expected. Happy with that.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I've booked my London accommodation today. image
  • Minni- yey!image Where are you staying?
  • AA- I have a Garmin 405 and find this manual very good http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/Forerunner405_OwnersManual.pdf

DD- That's a great run from you, sub 3:15 is there to beat in January.

Barry, Minni and Sarah- Well done racing in today's conditions.

Brolish- well done on your session, did it feel hard or could you have carried on?Are you enjoying the speedier sessions?

I did a 4 mile run and strides today to loosen the legs, I have a 5 mile off road race tomorrowimage, I'm sure I said never again after the last off road race! At least this one is flat...

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    DD - I missed you super long run earlier - fantastic.

Brolish - same place we've stayed the past couple of years - the Travelodge, Southwalk. It's great - dead easy to get to, quiet, clean and the breakfasts are above average. 3 night for the 4 of us for ??160. Can't grumble at that.
  • Gazelle- it felt manageable today. I am learning to enjoy speedier stuff. It helps when the sessions are well planned out and I run them at my pace rather than try to keep up with faster guys from the club and get frustrated in the process like I did in the past. Good luck with the race tomorrow. I was supposed to do one today but decided I didn't fancy going for a swim...image
  • Barry, Minni and Sarah well done at getting out and racing. Bro, sounds like a good session.

Glyn, well done for getting out there again. I think the ache afterwards shows that the sessions has had some effect.

Superstars is on in 15 minutes image

• Minni- sounds like a very good deal. Are you going back on Sunday?
  • Well done on the YKWs today it was nasty out there and I'm in East Anglia not up north.

Sarah - great time is that close to your pb?

DD - you're looking great for your Marathon when does the taper start? Do you taper your Xtraining as well?

Bro - Great intervals

AA - I set up all my intervals etc on Garmin training centre, easer than on the watch and can be as complex as you want.

Was planning an hour on the bike on real roads and not turbo but looked at the wind and decided to run instead. 7.2 windy miles in 1:02, I'm pacing by heart rate but it seems a bit fast for endurance base at 8:35mm average 150bpm. My resting rate is about 45 and max 185. Hadd would suggest most miles at 135-145 but the Fink plan for IM is suggesting 139-158. Any thoughts?