Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Oh and GG there are a few folks who swim at Bosworth. If you look on the open water swim thread in the tri section been mentioned a few times and bet you can meet up with folks.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

prize for coming last??? sounds like just my raceimage

• Oooo, no cutoffs and a prize for last - I'm in! 

My weeks training has not gone according to plan. Swim yesterday scuppered by a fire drill at the gym. Bike out this morning ended up only being 45mins due to bike making some bizarre creaking noises. Not a happy camper. Can only get better. 

• Mrs Digger - it will get better!

My training for Thursday scupperd as I have a meeting after work and told hubby he could go out with colleagues after work - nil desperandum will just start my taper earlier!

Next week I've got year 10 parents evening so will miss a session - arghhhhh!

The Piglet, boar etc are a bit far away for me - maybe if and when I get a wet suit I'll attempt longer distance and might feel like travelling. Doing a marathon in the Soring so that should help?

Are are injury stricken and bug infested folks today? On the mend?

• Cake wrote (see)

Thread link for GG link

Thanks Cake. I like the idea of a prize for being last. That may well be my aim now. And if there is an ice cream included too then I'm getting my rusty old mountain bike out and running in my flip flops image

• GG that would be so funny - can you imagine if you actually did that - the look on peoples faces would be hysterical!

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Aaargh! Just wrote a long post and then managed to lose it! image

GG - go for it. So what if you were last? Especially now that you could get a prize and ice cream for it? 

MrsDigger - not heard of that before so just googled it, looks interesting. I think I just didn't do the physio exercises long enough after my last mishap (which was the first problem I've ever had). Someone said it takes 7 weeks to get 70% ligament damage reversed (for a want of better word) and 3 years to get 100%. I was very comfortable playing beach volleyball which I also think is perfect rehabilitation for an ankle injury but whilst running off-road, I could feel it not being 100%. This time round I'll follow the strenghtening exercises a lot longer if not making them a permanent ficture and was also thinking about buying a wobble board. No more ankle sprains for me thanks.

• In all honesty the physio will probably have given you some proproioception exercises. standing on one leg with eyes closed etc. Works with the strengthening exercises. 

Has anyone heard of the Rossiter System? 

mikassa - I think that you probably need to keep doing the exercises for ever, once you stop doing the strengthening exercises the muscles you were strengthening lose their strength againimage

feeling loads better today thanks, will get the bike in the turbo ready for an early morning turbo, and planning an ow swim in the evening tomorrow

and I am going to eat the pizza that I had bought as a post-outlaw-half feastimage well, I'll share it as I always find a whole pizza a bit much

• Prizes for last? Icecream, Beer and Cake?? I know they didn't say anything about cake but if there was that would be like the best day ever image

Bring it on GG image Bring it on!  Go on MC you know you want to image glad you are feeling a lot better today.  Yay Mrs D will look forward to meeting you then image  

Biked to work today and went for a 35min run as per the training pdf - not doing two swims this week just the one and a quiet run on Thursday since I will be doing the 100k ride plus 5k run on Sunday (wibbles there image it may be more of a walk than a run image)

buttercup not sure if you are encouraging me for the piglet or boar now! Definnitely boar, but I do need to go and reccie the route for dambuster, although I like the idea of piglet. So much to do and so little time....

I really can't understand how my work colleagues can spend so much of their life doing things like playnig candy crush!! Where do they get their time from?? or maybe that is why they have to keep going on crazy diets because they spend all their time sitting around...

tryng to decide whether to put the spare wheel with turbo tyre back on the bike or just turbo with the normal wheel/tyre. I worry about whether I'll get the normal wheel back on right or upset the gears....

• I get the feeling you're being encouraged to do both Maths! Glad ur feeling better! Although I feel your pain on the bike front. Why don't they do simply maintenance courses anymore! 

• And... What is Candy Crush?

candy crush is some very boring looking game - think it is a facebook app game. 

• Mm, you lost me at Facebook to be honest. 

• Hehehehe I was encouraging you to do the Little Piglet as I already thought you were signed up for the Boar image

Yum Pizza! I have told husband we need to be more healthy food so unfortunately takeaway/store pizza is off the menu image 

Candy Crush is a tetris like game methinks but I don't play FB games tho'.

to be honest, I am not a big fan of pizza at all, but I had stocked the fridge with pizza for us all for Sunday so I wouldn't have to cook when I got home (and as a bribe to the rest of the family to come and watch me), but obviously I didn;t feel like eating anything...

I'll have a think about the piglet....

• oink, oink, oink - *squeals of happiness* - oink, oink, oink - yayay MC

Sigh this is what eating grilled tofu salad for tea does for me image I love pizza - cheesy goodness!

I did add some protein in the form of some chicken! 

so the piglet willl either be good practice for dambuster, and I won't know the dambuster route, but I will know the boar route....

and there is also the chance of coming last out of 30 odd people...

......which would be so much nicer than last out of 1000+ (my normal place is last)

• and they give you icecream if you do - throw cake in and I'll give you a good run for your money  image 

let me sleep on it! 

sounds brill!! Not sure about doing the big sow - I have an oly distance the following weekend - might be a bit much? What do others think? the one the following weekend has cut offs, so don't want to go into it knackered,

EP - just out of interest how long did the boar take you?

• Ep - I remember you doing the Boar and seeing the pics. Think Cake had a big influence on your swim. was pretty inspirational for me!