RunLiverpool Marathon 2011

Comments

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Excellent news LB. You must, however, warn the other runners to stay well clear when you attempt to have a drink at the drinks stations image
  • LB- i know i didnt even get any abuse at work today! except from a smug spurs fan till he saw the CL draw!!

5 easy miles for me today

• So what are we all doing this evening then?

I am mostly sleeping....image

Mr LB comes home from London on a Friday night. I intend to milk my paralysed face to DEATH so he feels sorry for me and treats me like the spoilt brat I am image

• Redhead: I'm just doing 22 on Sunday. I'm going to be a bit naughty though and run 19 at 7 a.m. and then do 3 in the Race for James a bit later.
  • 9 more miles in the morning to give me sixty for the week!! and i wonder why im a little tired!!
  • I am on ZERO for the week.

That's a worry in a fifty mile marathon peak week isn't it?image

Alan - calm me down! Tell me I can drag my sorry arse round this course next week.....

Good running that John! Give me 30 and we'll say no more about it lad....image

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Just a short plod for me today then Hastings 1/2 tomorrow. I peaked at 53 miles last week. I juggled my 20 milers around so I could run Hastings with someone doing her first 1/2 at 67. How cool is she! I'm really looking forward to it.

LB, glad to hear you've perked up a bit although I suspect Mr LB is still going to have to spoil you all weekend image No need to worry about not running for a week as you've already put in the miles and the rest will probably have done you good.

Russell, enjoy your cheats 22 miles image

Happy running everyone.
  • Well done John Murpski on your 60 mile week!

53 miles Redhead? Wowzers! Well done you. Good luck at Hastings and good luck to your friend!

• Redhead - you're a LEGEND!

• You know I envy the lot of you. I used to average around 40 - 50 mile per week all the time. then I got involved in event organising. Now... I like running... and I like organising... but which is best? there's only one way to find out...

Should have the Marathon T shirt range completed and available by the end of this coming week. They are looking pretty impressive I have to say.
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Alan, it's really hard juggling things isn't it.  I gave up horse riding in favour of running and I never thought anything would stop me riding.  My compromise is to keep 2 old rescue ponies so I have them to care for which satisfies my love of horses.  You'll find the right balance eventually.  Can't wait to see the tee shirts.

LB, a legend? Moi? You're far too kind. image  Is Mr LB spoiling you?  If not, tell him I'll come round and sort him out!

Russell, thanks for the good wishes.  I'm sure we'll be fine.  I just need to get the pacing right for her and not push too much and tire her out early on.

Guess what.  I've been out in the garden all day and there have been 3 buzzards circling over the valley for ages.  They are enormous and majestic and I felt privileged to watch them.

• LB done!! 30 miles on the way! anyway i ended up doing 10miles this morning to bring me to 61 miles for the week, thats my peak week, even with 22 next weekend ill only(!!!!) get to 47!! Birthday party for a friends wife tonight so looking forward to a few beers!
  • Sounds like you will have deserved them too John!

Where is everyone today?

It's a bit quiet in here.image

• Redhead - Mr LB is going to have his arse parked firmly in front of the TV for the afternoon watching his beloved Liverpool. I wouldn't get a look in if I stripped naked and danced in front of the box, except he'd lean to one side to see round me!image

I shall tell him you're on your way shall I?image

• c,mon the pool!!! enjoyed my beeers last night LB and my lay-on in bed this morning!
  • Sorry to say my Sunday miles will be Zero  image  Thats what you get for being in an Irish bar to watch England getting well and truly stuffed  image  and then staying on to watch France do the same thing to Wales  image    ooohhh the headache image
  • Did the race for James in Knowsley hall today as a little warm up for next weeks half. 14:32 for a 5k!!!! But before you congratulate me on my new found speed I might point out that due to poor organisation the marshalls sent us lot near the front the wrong way and we missed about 1.5k-2k of the race. I was quite enjoying myself, despite the pain of a short threshold run until it ended prematurely. Shame really as it was for a good cause.

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

Hastings 1/2 was a blast as usual. I decided not to wear the purple tutu as when I put it on I looked rather like an elephant wearing a ruff image Instead, I opted for the purple and black striped tights which match my purple charity vest and my special cap which has 'Redhead' emblazoned in red so I looked very classy image

Iona did very well, storming up the 7 miles of hills from the start at 12 min miling pace which she's never managed before. She did slow down in the second half but managed not to walk at all which she put down to having someone with her. We finished in 2:52:11 which I know she never even dreamt she could achieve as she kept telling me beforehand that on past form she'd finish in around 3:30.

The crowd was amazing and many stayed on to support the slower runners and walkers. A great 1/2 and one to do if ever you are in the South.

Anyway, I had Liverpool marathon postcards to stick on windscreens and I managed to get rid of the remainder of my box before the race. I started my Garmin when I set out around the 1st car park then jogged a mile along the road to another and in total I'd done 2.5 miles before the race. Then afterwards I trotted off and did another 2.5 bringing my tally for the day to 18 miles.

I got some very strange looks when I ran off after the finish as we were finishing with people who were exhausted and shuffling along. It must have looked very strange to see someone running off looking fresh as a daisy image

Vinnie, I feel your pain, but it does serve you right image

LB, that's disgraceful behaviour from Mr LB and reminds me very much of Mr Redhead image How's your face today?

Alan, I gave some postcards to the man from the Jog Shop in Brighton as I know he's got lots of marathoning customers. They sponsor the Jog Shop Jog each year which is a 20 miler just before the Beachy Head marathon. I also gave some to a coach load of Belgians who I addressed using my very best schoolgirl French! Apparently they always come to the Hastings 1/2 so I sang the praises of Liverpool and you never know, they might make a trip over. I think I've exhausted all the local clubs and races now but if I think of anywhere else to target I'll email you.
  • Redhead - your a treasure! Thank you indeed. I sufferred at the hands of a complaining local this morning who told me the marathon entry was 'scandellous' and expected nothing more from the likes of me! Not a fan then.Walked off when I attempted to explain how the entry is calculated.
  • The likes of you Alan? does that mean all race organisers who work hard to put on the best racess possible.

Did he may an effort to hunt you down to abuse you or was is a chance meeting.

• Just a chance meeting but he seized the opportunity! The trouble is the likes of him aren't prepared to listen and have no understanding of what it takes to get an event on the road. I have to say he didn't look like a regular runner but was aware of who I was. Didn't say who he was.... but then again they rarely do!
  • well the thing is alan if people dont want to pay the entrance fees then dont and miss out on what is going to be a fantastic event !! i am so excited for the tshirts coming out i am going to be buying all of them i think and will wear them out training , i do a lot of horse events and they cost a packet and you dont get a fab goody bag at the end either !!!!
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning, morning!

<peers through the fog to find anyone>

It's so foggy today that we can't even see the front gates. Short plod planned for later this afternoon. It's now officially taper for Brighton time. I usually only do a 2 week taper but this time I'm trying 3 to see if it makes a difference image

Alan, don't you just love people like that! You are an absolute star for getting this off the ground and although he probably left you upset and frustrated, most people understand the effort that's gone into this.

As an example of pricing I know I've told you that people complained about the cost of the Brighton marathon but what about the Hastings 1/2? It costs £20 for affiliated entries and £22 for unaffiliated runners and they don't give out goody bags, just a horse brass. It causes major disruption to the roads but it has the best crowd support ever and nobody complains about the price.

Pay no attention to anyone who won't even listen to your reasons for the pricing. Just nod and smile through gritted teeth image
  • 3 weeks to Brighton Redhead! Woohoo!

I bet there will be one person on the 9th October who will be feeling pretty cheesed off with themselves for missing a fantastic marathon.

• You b*stard Rothwell - putting on all those races and making us runners suffer.

Keep up the good work !  The moany git can have a fantastic time reading the Mail on Sunday or something whilst we have a jolly good race.

• It's very easy. If they don't like it, don't run it. We're not being forced into doing this at the end of the day.

I'd like to see them try to do better. I can't begin to know how much work you've put into this Alan, but I for one am very greatful. Thank you.
  • cougie wrote (see)

You b*stard Rothwell - putting on all those races and making us runners suffer.

LOL Cougie! image

I'd like nothing better than to suffer on Sunday morning Alan!

I wish I could see though. Eyesight is very poor in the frozen eye.image

•  Cougie wrote (see)

You b*stard Rothwell - putting on all those races and making us runners suffer. 

When I get grief for going out running I blame Alan, and say he makes me do it  and makes me enter his races.

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    LOL Cougie image

(((LB))), you could get someone to run round with you.

Russell, I've been put in a slower starting pen than I'd have liked so I'll be dodging around Mr Men and people pushing trolleys etc right from the start! Hey ho, at least it's just a trial run to see if my training's paid off at all. If Fat Boy Slim is running it again he's still going to watch my bum disappearing into the distance just like last year image

Are you guys excited about the Lpool 1/2?
  • I know the course like the back of my hand RH! I'll be fine!

I'm always excited about Liverpool half. It's my favourite race of the year! image