The bloody brilliant thread

Comments

• I've got a new mountain bike image  
  • Today my Mum is having her ankle reconstructed. It's given her gip and limited her activity since she broke it when she was 15. She goes down to theatre later this afternoon. At last, my Mum will be able to do all the things she couldn't do when we were kids. She is very excited. Me, I'm a little bit nervous, but I'm sure everything will be alright.
  • fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    I know the Brits often knock the French farmers but when it comes to a display for the Tour de France, this takes some beating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCXqyrZcUWQ

"The farmers of (Departement) 44 are proud to feed you"

brilliant
  • You beat me to it, FB!

Fantastic stuff, I can just imagine them practising for months to get it perfect.

Formidable! image

• PS: Good luck to AllNew's mum image
  • Excellent  stuff FB - totally grabbing the attention form the cyclists too - LOL

Little Nemo - No more marathons! wrote (see)
    PS: Good luck to AllNew's mum image

+1

• I've bought a bike!

http://www.all-about-the-bike.co.uk/ekmps/shops/mrsquealypig/images/dawes-geneva-2011-ladies-city-bike-fully-assembled-free-delivery--3591-p.jpg

Isn't it gorgeous?!? image

Just need to get a basket for the front and some panniers image

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

That is pretty.  It's even got a stand and everything.  As you can see above, my bike doesn't have any fixtures for a basket so you can carry the picnic.  image

This thread's bloody brilliant!

• Yep, my bike is purely for my small commute to work and a bit of shopping. I picture myself pootling along with bread and flowers etc. in the basket.

No racing and no triathlons!

Your bike is a bit scary PP, way too fast for me image

• JjJj ✭✭✭
    I've taken on two new clients recently. One was a calculated risk - I'd seen bad comments about her payment record online, but figured no one can control what's on the net and it might have been a personal grudge. Spent a couple of weeks beyond my 30-day terms sort of worrying that I wouldn't get paid (just under a grand, so not a small amount) but I HAD promised myself that it was almost pretend money until it was banked, as it was a sort of experiment.

Experiment paid off, she paid up. Bloody brilliant.

Client number two, terribly sweet from the start, very honest about the fact that he had no clue about writing and this was a job for HIS client. His client was lovely too and they both think *I'm* lovely. image

30-day terms? Paid up in ten. Bloody brilliant.
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

On the subject of brilliant bicycles, this the current Muttleymobile. Not much good for triathlons I suppose but if I did an Ironman-level tri I'd have enough space on the back for hydration.

http://www.blazingphotos.com/_images/transportation/337.jpg

• JjJj ✭✭✭
    image you'd have enough space on the back for ME!

In fact...
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    I have carried all sorts of things on it. A flatpack bookshelf made for an interesting ride home.
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Good grief, that's a unit!  (Pretty cool though.)  What's with the mega-long wheelbase, what's it designed for?
  • I misread that as flapjack image

Flapjacks are brilliant! image

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    It's called a Kona Ute, Phil. Not quite a two-wheeled transit van (look up the Yuba Mundo for that), more of a two-wheeleed estate car.
  • I have registered the domain name for my new business website image We're having a glass of MrAN's elderflower champagne to celebrate the launch of Terribly Well Preserved image

Just got to make some stock now...
  • PhilPub wrote (see)
    Good grief, that's a unit!  (Pretty cool though.)  What's with the mega-long wheelbase, what's it designed for?

You've heard of the stretch limo, now see the stretch bike.image

I read it as flapjack too, LN, until I realised the problems of oats as potential bookcase material.

Didn't get the job - largely lack of experience which was hardly surprising as I've actually got none - as made clear on my CV.  However, they'd be willing to offer me a voluntary post (yes, I know, free labour and if I wasn't good enough for the paid job, why should I take a "for free" one), but I need the experience in order to be able to get a paid job.  So, not enough to warrant bloody brilliant, but not quite the kick in the teeth of not getting the job. 

I think.

• Yay, that is kinda good news Jeepers!
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Not that I would want to put any ideas into your head, Jeepers, but if you're going to be an "intern" I believe that you could be entitled to the minimum wage ... but I could be wrong.

*cough cough*

• BB ✭✭✭
    Sounds like good news to me Jeepers, you must've made a good impression and you never know where it might lead image
  • Thanks for the info Muttley, but particularly for:

“Those taking up internships are usually amongst the brightest people in their generation. . ."

imageimageimage

Ditto, AN and Bimage

• Little nemo, I think you might need to check out  this

Oh and if you're getting a basket and flowers you might want to check out the guide to cycling in skirts and dresses here

I expect the boys will like the pictures  image

• Right, back to the message I was going to write before the phone rang.

I'm very excited as in just under 2 weeks me and my husband are moving into a house that ticked off everything on our "want to have list" and was around £70K less that our "do not want to pay more than price". 

Oh and he sent me a very nice email yesterday that made my day.

• Interesting sites, Rigbunny

I'm probably only half-chic. I'll have my nice bike with a basket but I will be wearing a helmet and I'll be cycling in sports gear. I get far too sweaty to wear my normal work clothes on my commute. I've already vetoed cycling in a skirt, gave it a try but don't really want the world to see my knickers again! I'm sure the world would agree as well image

Congrats on you house image

• After months out of work my lovely brother in law has finally got a new job image
  • RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

You're probably resting today.  I would.  I don't know what you're up to, but I hope it's going really well.  I just wanted to say, today of all days, that I don't just respect what you're doing, I'm in awe of it.  Sure, there are people who've done it before, and sure, some of them are here, but you're in a peer group that has no peer itself!  There are millions of people who couldn't contemplate what you're doing, tens of thousands who might understand, but few thousands that have ever managed to put themselves through what you're doing right now.  Even if the day itself doesn't happen, and I pray for you that it does, your discipline and determination, even motivation, outshine everyone else I know.  And when it does happen, I hope that, know that, you will experience one of the greatest events of your life.  For you, completion will mean an amazing memory of triumph.  Yet success has already happened, is happening, with each step you take closer to that goal, and you are successful whether you reach it or not.  You will have something, forever, which I and others will look up to.

I hope you have a brilliant day.  Penblwydd Hapus.

• Ohh what happened Ratzer? Bone marrow or organ donation?
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

A lovely comment from a colleague: "We really appreciate what you're doing. We know it cant be easy - but you're making it look like it! Keep up the good work!"

That's just made the last week of hell a lot better.