sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

Comments

• Hi Wabo and Percy - let's burn that bench!

Wabo, I'm glad to say you are alone on the dream front so far... And I'd prefer it if you didn't give my subconscious such bad ideas...

On the cycling front I'm getting slower and slower - it takes me like 1.15 to cycle to work now whereas a few months ago I was an hour and 5 (and my record is sub-45!)
  • It is drawing nearer,eh? I'm so concerned with getting off the bench I almost forgot what it is all for...
    was v. lazy yesterday and did not train...BAD MAN
    JPVD.
  • What a chatty bunch you guys have been:-)

Just back from a 4 hour run it is a glorious sunny day and could have gone on running for longer,I was very comfortable and the stronger runner it just shows what the physio has achieved .Partner was very pleased with my progress.I have also done tempo running this week and last week and knocked 5 minutes of time for a 7 miler.So all going great.

Hope you all get off the bench soon..there is only 8 weeks to go!!!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    It is a sign that it draws nearer when I start having my silly flm dreams.
    Best not burn the bench yet bntm cos I think jpvd has a bit of his bum on it!
    Percy I know what you mean, you get so used to the injury that I think you get almost over cautious and need to know what is an ok niggle etc.
    I just so hope that we are all ok now and on sunday I will be doing Sidcup 10. After that I will decide if I can stay in this thread or whether I need to go down a thread - Spurs if you're listening - DO NOT FOLLOW ME!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • A 4 hour run and ready to continue?!

Respect.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Am not worthy....
    btw Welsh poppy, you scare me but I just checked and it's 9 weeks to go. Phew, nearly jumped down!
  • Good luck Wabo.

I never ever dream of anything running related....ho hum.

Poppy...still the LSD run Queen...:-)
  • Good afternoon everyone, It's good to see the bench is being used less well done BNTM, Wabo.

Percy, you should look at not having run related dreams as a positive.

WP, I was wondering were you had got to, good work, but I am being to think you need to look at going up a thread or to, the work you are putting in 3.15 could be your target.

As for my training yesterday did Yasso’s on the treadie first nine at 3.40 with 200m rest the last one was 3.10, this morning did 8.5 mile in 1.08 followed by an hour PT so knackered now.

Off to the Valley tonight come on you reds

CA
  • I am sorry Wabo to scare you but did think 8 weeks!!!

Percy
    I do try to keep my title:-)Hope all your niggles are over and you can get back to where you were.
    BNTM
    It was just one of those days I could have worn vest and shorts it was so hot and we did a fantastic route over the coastal path the sea was so inviting could have gone for a dip!!!
    I have a 10K race on Sunday so hoping to get training right for marathon as well as doing a pb for the race.

CA
    I don't think I am good enough to move up a thread trying to get rid of me;-)-well done on your yasso's and your 8.5 miler

Well done everyone on your training think in 10 weeks it will be all over sob,sob,sob
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WP- I'm certainly not trying to get rid of you, I am impressed at your training, to be running for four hours at this stage is great. Even if you did move up a thread I would hope you would come back and visit, encourage and advise your old friends here.

CA
  • Joining this thread very late - and I confess I have not read much of its 35 pages - but as someone hoping to do a sub four hour FLM (did 4 23 in 2002), I am keen to know what you eperts think of the RW pacing groups.

eg. training sessions in Richmond park and the race itself.

When the 4 hour group passed me in 2002 at about the half way mark they all sounded as they approavhed like a relentless bunch of marching ants, creeping up... and once they had passed, having soon lost me, they looked pretty damned efficient, to say the least! Shows I wasn't fit enough then...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hi Sterling, I think they work. I did 2002 in 4hr 18 (so close) and followed 4.30 schedule to the t. I got round in that time even though I didn't manage to get into the pace group so it must work.
    CA how about if someone goes down a thread? I will def be coming back if that happens cos I want to see how everyone does;-)
  • Wabo - you are not allowed to go down a thread.

Just think - the slower you run the more your ankle will taunt you...
  • Sterling,

I followed the 4:00 schedule last year and finish in a time of 4:00:37 ( had to stop for a pee.... ) but I am not annoyed or bitter about missing out by 37 seconds :( The problem that I found with the sub 4:00 pace group on the day was that about 2000 other runners where trying to keep up with him at the same time which made it slightly hard to follow. I ended up pacing myself…. Obviously not very well
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ok bntm, I get the message I stay, oh dear. Off to cycle home now:p
  • Wabo,
    I'm with BNTM on this one you can only go up threads not down.

Bacon Roll, nice to see you back, (you've not posted for a few days) still bitter and twisted. How about this for an idea, why not pee train if you could knock say 10-15 seconds of you pee time you would only have to knock 28 second or so of you run.

CA
  • BR, maybe you could even develop you own pee training programme, it could include the long slow pee, the hill pee, pee into the wind ect ect.....

CA
  • Or perhaps a little bag attached to inside of shorts? Or just pee whilst running? It has been known for elite runners to NOT stop for a toilet break hasn't it...
  • CA

if you want to avoid losing time for peeing . . .
    I suggest you just say 'no thanks' at all the water stations and avoid the temptation to have a cup of tea before the start ;-))

• If you are pee training then it's important not to forget the long slow pee.
  • It’s not just the elite athletes who pee whilst running . During the 2000 FLM I was passed by a bloke in a rhino costume at 16 miles who couldn’t hold it any longer and went there and then. I must admit it does not do much for your confidence being passed by a peeing rhino. Anyway the peeing training is going well. LSR Sunday ( 2hours ) and easy run last night ( 1 hour 20 ) and didn’t think about peeing once!
  • sorry
    snigger
    i should not have been lurking

bu isnt rhino pee an aphrodisiac?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hi all. I ran into work this morning! Ankle does ache a bit but like I said before I think it's just how it will be for a while.
    I will hang onto this thread then (by my teeth probably)! I think br should try a bag too.
    CA sorry about the game last night (I think you are Charlton and you know I am spurs).

I am planning to get round a 5 mile race at victoria park sat, then sidcup 10 sunday. BUT I will not be racing them, just using them for fitness. : ))
  • Now Wabo, we both know your not sorry about the game, at least that makes us even this season. Well done for you run this morning.

CA
  • Hello lurking Hippo, I thought the aphrodisiac was rhino's horn?

If I got peed on by a passing rhino at FLM I think I'd want to get my own back ;-)

Anyway, shouldn't you be out Ultra training?

I'd like to declare that I'm officially off the bench now, both cheeks that is, having run two days consecutively for the first time in 3 weeks. Should be back to normal by the end of next week. Fingers crossed now, can't afford any more mishaps.
  • Percy, it's good to hear that you are back off the bench, got my Hastings number through hopefully we can still run together, it sounds like a good race.

CA
  • Yup, sure thing CA. Even though it's a hilly 5 miles to start it's got to be more interesting than Silverstone.

Another suspiciously mild day today. It's nice to be running in shorts and only one top again though. I need to hold back my enthusiasm a little methinks until I'm 100% again.....
  • anyone up for some pee yassos? (sounds like a german thing)
    congrats for off the bench percy, i know it feels good to be back.
    and good luck CA and percy at the race. I'm missing out on the RP LSD cuz i'll be on vacation. signed up for the 10k race back when my knee was a bit dodge...but considering running the 1/2 marathon for the mileage (it is a circuit route)
    Wabo...how far is your cycel to work? I used to bike to work and have since started using the fat-man transport. i think i may have found the reason my endurance is dropping off...
    JPVD.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    JPVD, my journey is about 6 miles, so thats a good 12 mile ride which must help fitness I think. Plus its all up hill going home!
    CA you are right of course - I'm not sorry. But then you understand that wins don't come easy lately.
  • Wabo, after three defeats in a row I know all about wins not coming easy.

Unhappy CA