Your worst Christmas presents

I have two;

First one was a Fashion Wheel. "A what?" you cry. A Fashion wheel; three flat discs of plastic embossed with various designs, for tops, bottoms and shoes, set on a platform. The idea was that you moved the discs, created your unique design, then traced it onto a bit of paper. It was crap. Utter crap. What made it worse was my brother was given a Big Trak that year. If you're of a certain age, you'll remember Big Trak (although it was re-issued last year) and know how completely awesome it was.

The other one was a hooooooge horrible teddy bear my brother gave me the first year I was at University. It had paisley patches on its cheeks, which glowed when you pressed its paw. It also played terribly tiny music when its paw was pressed. It gave me the heebie-jeebies, and when I went back to college after the Christmas break, I left it at home. This upset my brother, who had apparently wanted to get me something special as he missed me when I went off to Uni. So, it came to live in my college flat, where it was subjected to a lot of abuse from mates.

Anyway, I have now bought a Big Trak, pick it up tomorrow. Very exciting.

Comments