Options

Ironman Lanzarote 2013 (3rd weekend in May?)

Comments

• Options

Porto Del Carmen (race start and fininh), depending on numbers maybe organise outselves between some villas/hotel?

• Options

The book of face says 2012 sold out by end of July, but as Barlos says it gets quicker year on year.

Orca, I'm thinking Puerto del Carmen - there seems to be a very wide range of accomodation

• Options
    Barlos, those apartments where Rosey stayed looked quite good?  Accomm wont be a problem I dont think

My Lanza sock is filling up nicely   image
  • Options
    I'm off to Puerto del Carmen on Monday for a week image I got an apartment via Owner's Direct. I'll report back on what it is like, only 200 quid for a week.

*re-lurks*
  • Options
    Lee - how big is the apartment (ie how many could comfortably share)? I think there will be plenty of accommodation but it could almost be worth booking that before entries open to get the best choice and deals.

Having said that, I am rather enjoying my year off and am sorely tempted to postpone my glorious return to triathlon for another year so I can get various injuries sorted out and do some training before I get there.....
  • Options
    i am returning your turbo next month when i return to england Waff so no excuses triathlon training is better to stay injury free ....honest image
  • Options
    I'm going next year but as a supporter only. I'm taking a year off the long stuff next year. Unless I end up moving to Arizona with work which is a possibility at the moment. Would be great if there was a gang of us all in the same apartments.
  • Options
    slowerthanilook wrote (see)

Having just had a sneaky peek at IM Melbourne 2013, and learned that it sold out in just 4 minutes, how fast do you reckon you'll need to be on the trigger to enter this one?

Not saying that I'm going.... or even that i want to go imageimage. But I believe that Lanza's a nice place for a family holiday.

Are you going to discuss with your family????

I can think of better places for a family holiday. Mind you, somehow you have convinced me to have 2 'holidays' in Tenby this yearimage

• Options
    Oooh good a domestic    image
  • Options
    muffin top wrote (see)

I can think of better places for a family holiday. Mind you, somehow you have convinced me to have 2 'holidays' in Tenby this yearimage

What was Teny like? Mrs Cat5 has booked us in to Kiln Park for a week in the summer.
  • Options
    Snap, I also have trip to Nottingham in July.
  • Options
    muffin top wrote (see)

Having just had a sneaky peek at IM Melbourne 2013, and learned that it sold out in just 4 minutes, how fast do you reckon you'll need to be on the trigger to enter this one?

Not saying that I'm going.... or even that i want to go imageimage. But I believe that Lanza's a nice place for a family holiday.

Sorry dear. I can only assume that cyber-gypsies hijacked my log-in credentials.

• Options

Sorry dear. I can only assume that cyber-gypsies hijacked my log-in credentials.

I have the same problem with those people. 

They keep ordering shiney new stuff and it just keeps arriving at my address, getting me into trouble.  I don't know how they know my size, and how they figure what I think is essential, but they are never wrong.

• Options
    That's why you get things delivered to the office!! Then you can sneak it home when no-one's looking image
  • Options
    I work from home.... I'm screwed on that approach Raf, and this morning a man delivered a box from wiggle before I'd even got downstairs to try and hide it - epic fail!
  • Options
    What you need is a PO Box number  image
  • Options
    Cat5 in the Hat wrote (see)
    What was Teny like? Mrs Cat5 has booked us in to Kiln Park for a week in the summer.

Not been yet Cat, will let you know. I think we are on a campsite outside town in June for Long Course Weekend. Then in Sept for IMW a cottage as Kiln Park was full.

No full domestic yet........WE ARE NOT GOING TO LANZAimage

• Options
    PdC is brilliant

There are zo many Germans running up and down the strip in full tri gear in April its unreal
    Rolling out in normal run gear is fun - the contrast between lobster like sausage eating fat Germans/ Burger eating fat English and the runners is great . Its such a clash of opposites

And i am sure we drink more than they do - we save it up all week then party good and proper image
  • Options
    Hmmm ... May you say ...
  • Options
    Well clearly I was never thinking about doing this at all, but looks like the dates will be a no workwise, phew. I mean, what a shame image

May be Henley or another year off for me!
  • Options

hope to be a newbie pirate soon and lanza 2013 sounds a good starting point, i did it on 2004 it was ace,

france 2005 and nothing since

lanzarote could be a good opener for me

Pain tears and more pain, then i woke up and thought its race morning ive not started yet what the hell have i got myself into,

then loved every painful second of it (lanza 04)

2013 bring it on

• Options
    muffin top wrote (see)

What's the problem, you've got a holiday in Nottingham this year as well haven't you image
  • Options
    Jaffa, are you thinking of doing this?
  • Options

Welcome Manken..

As the honarry advance party/ reconnasence patrol,  Lanza 2012 is rapidly becoming a bit of a problem......

Swim is quicker, but I am not swimming enoughimage

Biking is really solid this year, and I have a new bike image.  looking forward to a windy day to sort the bikers from the triathletes   image

Run is a disaster. image Knee has blown apart.  I may be able to walk/shuffle to get the finnisher T shirt.....

So, 2013..........   I will have unfinnished business I feel.

• Options
    any excuse OC to go again ?
  • Options
    Jaffa_ wrote (see)
    muffin top wrote (see)

What's the problem,  you've got a holiday in Nottingham this year as well haven't you image
    This year's family hols consist of Tenby (LCW), Nottingham (Outlaw), Abersoch (Training week) and Tenby (IMW). I must admit, it doesn't exactly shout "fun & relaxation" does it?
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    Tenby is lovely. One of my favourite holidays ever was there. There's loads for a family to do while you're ironing. I can write you a list if you want?

Meantime - thread boing in case there might possibly be someone out there thinking about this race....

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

No, I said boing, not bounce.