The 2012 Outlaw Bike Feedstation/Support Thread

As you know the annual PSOF Championships is taking place at the Outlaw on 1 July. 

As has become the norm at the Outlaw, we will be manning a feedstation on the bike route and are therefore looking for volunteers to help out both here and potentially at nearby marshall points (still on the bike route)

I think those that have helped over the lst two years will agree that a great time was had helping out all the triathletes.  And surely, nothing beats being able to shout abuse at those Tripetalkers who dared to wear their kit image

As the Championships are on UK soil this year, it would be great to get a gang of us together and give all the Pirates racing our support. We need at least 20 to make the feedstation run smoothly so hurry and get your names down

LIst of willing volunteers
Schmunkee

Comments

• LIst of willing volunteers
    Schmunkee
    Seren nos

Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    No. 1 & No. 2 (both teens are willing, however, I wouldn't wish to put them down for a particular stint!)
  • PS - Do you really call them No 1 and No 2. imageimage
    Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    No. 1 & No. 2 (both teens are willing, however, I wouldn't wish to put them down for a particular stint!)Wabbitty + 1
  • he dont call them 1 and 2 - he calls them favourite and second favourite image
  • Schmunks, no I don't! 'Coz No.2 would be a little sh1t! image But he's not at all!! image
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    LIst of willing volunteers:
    Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    No. 1 & No. 2 (both teens are willing, however, I wouldn't wish to put them down for a particular stint!)
    Wabbitty + 1
    Debbo and maybe BtS if I can talk him into it - I want to be able to support/run on the run route too though
  • Debbo - that should not be a problem.  Last year we 'let people go' as and when the backmarkers came through on their second loop and it got less frantic.

And besides, you're giving up your own time so no-one can be churlish and expect you to be at the bike feed station right until the end image

• Hi Schmunkee - I'm doing the run bit as part of a team so am available to help out for some of the time.

Or you could have four extremely excitable and ethusiastic little girls to help you image and I could sit in the sun for a few hours.... but on second thoughts maybe I want my innocent little creatures as far away as possible from the Pirates so they don't hear all the french being banded back and forth image

• LIst of willing volunteers:

Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    Wabbitty + 1
    Debbo and maybe BtS if I can talk him into it - I want to be able to support/run on the run route too though
    Should be able to volunteer a daughter and a friend

• Chilibean - was it you at the Wolverton 5 at the end of November?  Your littl'uns were a delight to be with and I would love to see them again.

On a practical note, I don't think it would be feasible for you to be at the support station as you may experience problems getting back to transition.  If you were the swimmer it would be a different story, but I would hate you to get stuck at the feedstation and not be there to pick up from your cyclist

PS  Don't let Barley's reputation tar all of the Pirates with the same brush image

Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    Wabbitty + 1
    Mr Saffers
    Saffers Mum (both mum and hubby want to help out but also support at different points)

• Yes that was us image Hubby is taking the weekend off work so we're all camping for the week. The girls are very excited and want to know why they can't do some of the race too (they all run and bike and attempt to swim)

Okay, you know these things best... sorry i won't be able to help though. I'll cheer everyone through transition instead.

Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    Wabbitty + 1
    Mr Saffers
    Saffers Mum (both mum and hubby want to help out but also support at different points)
    SA + Jordy

Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    Wabbitty + 1
    Mr Saffers
    SA + Jordy
    Lee the Pea
  • Assuming I don't break myself before race day, just popping in to say a huge thanks in advance to the volunteers - having done it the last two years it really was good fun, and the feedback on the pirate feedstation is always fab, and so looking forward to seeing the feedstation from the 'other side'!

Re getting back in time for the run - both years I have left after the last bike and made it back to transition to see the 10 hour finishers in (so in plenty of time to support the pirate massive around the run too) image

Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    Wabbitty + 1
    Mr Saffers
    SA + Jordy
    Lee the Pea
    Purpletrilady

Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    Wabbitty + 1
    Mr Saffers
    SA + Jordy
    Lee the Pea
    Purpletrilady

Fraggle

• Volunteers

Debbo (and maybe BtS)
    Fraggle
    IronPingu - Daughter of
    Iron Pingu - Friend of
    Lee The Pea
    Prince Seigfried - Son 1
    Prince Seigfried - Son 2
    Purpletrilady
    Saffers - Mr
    Saffers - Mum of
    Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    Silent Assassin and Jordy
    Wabbitty + 1

• I suspect I'll be adding Swiss Mummy to the list, but I'll wait till she tells me to!
  • Nice list tidy Schmunks, that was getting in a right mess, lol.
  • we said that we'd support at Outlaw but looking at commitments we already have for racing (we're racing away from home on consecutive weekends before Outlaw) and then our Olympic volunteer duties after the Outlaw weekend, we may not be able to help now. it's a question of balancing time off work with business commitments....

so for the time being stick us on a provisional list please.....I'm not going to commit and then let people down. if we can make it, we will, but best to have spare hands than no shows....

• I'd like to help out at the feedstation. would someone be good enough and add my name to the list. I'm typing this on my phone which doesnt seem to like lists. looking forward to this!

Thanks
  • Volunteers

Debbo (and maybe BtS)
    Fraggle
    IronPingu - Daughter of
    Iron Pingu - Friend of
    Lee The Pea
    Prince Seigfried - Son 1
    Prince Seigfried - Son 2
    Purpletrilady
    Saffers - Mr
    Saffers - Mum of
    Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    Shuffling
    Wabbitty + 1
  • Thanks Schmunkee - The List Fairy
  • Gastank reporting for duty.... Ma'am ! image
  • oh crikey don't call her Ma'am or she wil think she has been promoted to list queen! We suffer enough already.  image

doing a grand job Schumunks   <pulls forelock and backs out reverently>

• Debbo (and maybe BtS)
    Fraggle
    Gastank
    IronPingu - Daughter of
    Iron Pingu - Friend of
    Lee The Pea
    Prince Seigfried - Son 1
    Prince Seigfried - Son 2
    Purpletrilady
    Saffers - Mr
    Saffers - Mum of
    Schmunkee
    Seren nos
    Shuffling
    Wabbitty + 1

*goes to log on as The Kit Fairy*

• Sorry - I got side-lined.  I actually came in here to say thank you to the volunteers for doing this.  Having a pirate feed station is going to make a big difference to my day. I hope you have fun at the same time.  I will be supplying some pirate cup cakes so you don't go hungry.

• As the Orgainser of the Feed Station I feel I should be responsible for taste-testing image