IM Zurich?

Hey all - thought i'd introduce myself to the forum!

Signed up for my first IM this year (Zurich) but in my excitement, misread the date and have been training for the event on 18th Aug only to last week discover that this is the date for IM Sweden! Now behind my initial training plan by a month, I am now back training for the actual date (July 15th!).

Also signed up for IM 70.3 in Exmoor as a prelim.

Only ever done 3 sprint tri's and a couple of adventure races before so this is gonna be a hell of a step up! If anyone has done IM Zurich and can offer advice, please do!

Wanted to sign up to the forum as I am doing this IM as my 2012 challenge and therefore totally on my own - no training partners and no like-minded friends wanting to train with me image. So I thought i'd come to you all, introduce myself and take on board any of words of wisdom you can offer!

Currently i am a pretty terrible swimmer (did 3.3km in pool last week in 1h 22m - but i have never done an open water swim!!), okay runner (but i have never ran more than a half marathon, which i did last year in 1h 36m) and a pretty good cyclist. Hoping for around 13 hours total for IM Zurich - is this possible for my first one??

If any of you are localish to St Albans and wanna train - let me know!

Anyway, look forward to chatting over the next few months and ALL advice welcome!

Comments