Support Group 3

Comments

• BB ✭✭✭
    *waves to Caz* I hope it's all gone ok this week, looking forward to seeing you at Mudchute image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    So far everything hasn't exactly gone to plan, but there haven't been any problems that couldn't be resolved.  Once I leave here today I can start to relax and get properly excited about being at Mudchute and seeing lots of lovely people.  I'll also be able to start drinking this evening as it will be the first time in ages that I haven't had to drive!
  • On my way to excel! Weather is sunny & warm in stratford at the moment!
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Sunny on the south coast too, but I've not been out yet so I can't say whether it is warm.
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Hi Nicko *waves*

Right guys, I'm heading off now.  Next time I will see you all will be at Mile 17 or in Chandos afterwards.  Have great races and enjoy the atmosphere.  You've all trained hard so enjoy the rewards for your efforts.

• Guys dropped off some powerbar gels for me, jellybabies for everyone and cava for you. Look forward to seeing you at mile 17
  • Number picked up, think I will be wearing Red & White Benfleet Top, vest or cycle top can't decide yet, see you at mile 17, don't pack up until I get to you *waves*
  • Good luck everyone! Looking forward to seeing you there. Hope the weather isn't too vile as well, especially for the brave supporters, xx.
  • RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭
    Dropped off a couple of gels with the RW guys, and a small donation in the bag for the jelly babies.  Tell them not to spend it all at once!  Hoping to meet you guys after the race and thank you in person!  But you have to cheer first...
  • Got my number - love it - 18881 - expo was OK - bought some gloves - dropped off some jelly babies.  See you at mile 17 image
  • Number collected today. Bought socks and the obligitary mug to take home. Was a bit lonely there on my own so didn't hang around. Sister hoping to print my tee shirt tomorrow so look out for a very very large elderly great grandma in a yellow teeshirt saying 'am I there yet' I am on the blue start and will be at the very back of the pack.
  • Met my friend at expo today also doing the marathon first time. Had pasta lunch ( it was ok only) then listened to the informative talks/performances before dropping off gel and money at RW stand for our group image . Somehow not feeling nervous even though it's my first marathon. Must be missing something...image

Also grabbed Macmillan t-shirts and ponchos for family supporters to wear on the day. Not long at all now, only 30 hours until race day breakfast!

• This is SuperCaz posting from her luxury hotel at Bear Mansions.

Hotel food was a bit basic last night but I made up for it with alcohol.  I think I might still be drunk.  Off to expo around 3 or 4pm if anyone else is around

I hope everyone elses prep is going well.

• BB ✭✭✭
    Morning racers image
    Teckien, I had the pasta last year and was very underwhelmed!
  • Pub link with info for Chandos after - we'd love to see you all if you can make it xxx

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-chandos-london

• Speedy G, I'm hoping to catch the 7 10 or 7 20 from Three Bridges in the morning.  Hope to see you!
  • SC again - Last collection from expo complete and all seems to be in order.  Early night for me tonight as it's an early start for us tomorrow.  I hope all you runners are nicely hydrated, loaded with carbs and ready to turn in too.
  • hi guys... give me a big shout when I shout at you.... Pirate top number 2772... don't need anything, just a smile and a wave. On 3:40 pace I hope.

Have fun now y'all...
  • Of course PSC.  All Pirates get a big cheer

That would be marvellous. Thx Bear.
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Have a good race PSC and everyone else, we will have a cheer for everyone! image

Caz I will be leaving home about 6.30am but I fear with the buses instead if trains I may not see you all till near 10am, sorry I can't get there sooner, but not event the elite women should have gone through by then, so I do hope to be there as the whole team go through!

*is excited* image
  • Gasp... this is it! Last sleep to go. I'm so sorry I missed you at Expo... I was so spun round by the sheer enormity and I KNEW I missed something I was supposed to do image

Look out for 42428! I shall be in green Macmillan vest with P-T plastered front-and-back, neon pink knee-highs, and either bright yellow or jazzy blue-and-pink shoes if I can EVER make up my mind which ones I'm going to wear (I swear I'll take both with me tomorrow for last-minute decisions)!

Haha, my mum just informed me that she used my running number to buy her lottery ticket, and just won £10! I hope this is a sign of wonderful things to come image
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Morning image
    That does sound like a good sign Fizzipop image we will look out for you, have a good one image

see you all later image
  • Oops, posted on runners and supporters group instead of this one - just to say I ran straight past you....didn't even see you at all! Really sorry to miss you, but thanks so much for all the support. Hopefully next year I can be a supporter rather than a runner ;0)
  • RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

I didn't miss you.  Just!  The first thing I saw was a three that looked nothing like Caz, then a Caz that looked nothing like the three, superbly organised with two gels simply waiting there for me!  Wow, thankyou!  That was slick and really appreciated.

And your hard work paid off - you're going to have to support me for the next two years, apparently! imageimageimage

• Hello Everybody, I missed all the support groups today, hopefully you saw me so you didn't have to wait for ages.

Next time I will have to scan both sides of the road, were you on the right as that was the side I was looking at?

• Missed you guys!  I was looking honest but must have gone straight past.  I was looking on the right but think now you must have been on the left.  It was packed and lots of cheers, so that was great.  I was carrying lots of jelly babies so it wasn't a problem.  Thank you, it was great to think I was going to see you and I was pleased to think I'd passed mile 17.
  • BB ✭✭✭
    We were on the right, making lots of noise and with signs and lots of balloons image but I think it is still easy to miss when you are running and surrounded by lots of others.
    Caz was very organised and had laminated oages with pictures of who we were expecting next and their requirements. Sorry we didn't get gels to someone who stopped image everything was in the order we were expecting people and they cam earlier than we expected, we of course found the gels within seconds of them leaving, but they had gone... sorry about that image Otherwise we had a great day, I am really aching today and I didn't runa step!
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, and do let us know how you got on ... a good for age time for you Ratzer? We need race reports! image