Support Group 5

Comments

• I have allocated a latecomer called Dave Whittle 2 to Group 5.  Please make him welcome and don't steal his dinner money or give him a wedgie.
  • Group 5 calling Dave

Group 5 calling Dave

• Morning!  Please may I join you as an extra supporter until my mentee Len 2 has been through?  After that I am planning to move on to Fetchpoint in order to abuse her again image
  • morning dave............and a bright and sunny one it is...........
  • HI

Name Iain

Race number 10595

Just ran the fleet half marathon in 1hr 31mins so aiming for under 4 hrs for London. Probably at mile 17 by 2hrs 10mins or slower depending on how exhausted I am.

Should if I get it back in time with my name on it be wearing a Help for Heroes vest. Blue red and white.

No special needs other than a cheer.
  • I've messaged on RW all those allocated to us who haven't shown up yet.

Please feel free to use this as a place to tell us how you're getting on, ask training questions if you need to, and tell us what we can do for you at mile 17. No reasonable requests refused, but YOU have to find US, because we can never spot you in a crowd of tens of thousands of runners

You need carbohydrates and morale boosts by that stage, and we can provide both of those if you don't have your own supplies

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Name: Minni

Race Number:  will find it but its green. image

Time to mile 17: approx 2:06 

Special Needs: None.

Last year I donated some sweets and beer money for the supporters via the RW stand at the Expo.  Will you be accepting such gifts again this year? image

• I would like a lager and a bacon butty......are these reasonable requests......image
    and if its hot i would like a swimming pool to dive into for 5 mins.i don't like hot weather
  • I'm surprised you haven't requested a diet coke Seren! image

Minni - i reckon you might sneak though the station sligthtly sooner than 2:06!

• MR Zuvai........I thought that was a known.........i am just thinking of the extras image
  • Hi All

Name: Maria

Race Number: 45488

Time to Mile 17: Not sure what time I will be at mile 17.  Maybe 3 to 3 and half  hours.

I will be wearing the black adidas leggings and black vest with my name across the front and a bell group logo on the rear.

By mile 17 I will be wreck therefore all the support you can give will be appreciated.  I will drop some gels and jelly beans off with you if this would be okay at the expo, it will save me carrying them all the way round.

Not really posted on the site, but have read loads of other posts and gained valuable info.  This is my first marathon, never watched it on television therefore when they say this is a virgin marathon it is literally.  Over the past 3 years I have lost 11 and a half stone, and decided to finish this epic journey by doing something really crazy and run the marathon.  Training has gone extremely well, completed a 20 miler race a fortnight ago in 3 hours 30, but last week I only had to do a 14 miler and it was real hard slog.  Not sure why, and now my confidence has been knocked.  Have a 22 miler this weekend, so fingers crossed energy level will have returned.

• Maria

probably Tuesday lunchtime image

• Marie

i expect a bit of physcoloigcal excitement set in with it all drwaing nearer

one need to taper soon and arrive fresh

• Hi All,

PP - give me a wedgy .... that  could be tricky ................. image

I'll be a slow Plodder !  soooooooooo how does this work then are you at a certain mile - 17 ?

hot run today! didn't help that a ex sas man came along and a colleague who'll do it in 3hrs! Ended up doing an average of 9 min 17 secs for 5 miles which in at least a  good minute ( or min and half) off my normal pace  !!

• Hi Dave

how do u feel running with your mate knowing what he used to do

• KatyVKatyV ✭✭✭

Hello everyone! Sorry Mike I only just saw this image

Maria, what an inspirational story, good luck!

Name: Katy

Race number: 41115

Time to mile 17: 2h50

Running for Help the Hospices - will be in a yellow HTH vest with KATY on the front and "making Nanny proud" on the back

I don't need anything special but some cheery support will be greatly appreciated to help me keep smiling! I'm a new runner; running VLM because my wonderful grandmother wanted me to and is sadly not here to see me cross the finish line. To raise funds I'm staging a comedy show dedicated to her memory - 2012 is my year to make her proud!

• HELLOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Okay, briefly ignoring the whole post-viral thing I have going on at the moment (painful joints etc image)....

Name: Len / Helen (will answer to either, but will have LEN on vest)

Number: 1393

Time to mile 17: Uhh....3.5 to 4 hours image

I've got a ballot place but I'm running for Endometriosis UK and Weston Park hospital Cancer Charity. One sent me a tshirt, the other gave me a vest. Will let you know which I am wearing nearer the day - may be weather dependent, but my name will be on both. I'm going to be faily easy to spot, being a girl, 5'10 and rather..er...chunky image (i'm the one who everyone will say "blimey, I thought running made you thin?!" about....).

Special Needs: Ummm I'll give this some thought. A cup of tea would be nice. A sweaty hug would be awesome. Finding Bridget would be fanflippintastic!

• Hi Maria.that is truley amazing journey you are on.......hope its not too hot on the day if you are wearing leggings.....some days the runs just seem easier than others.we all get bad days........when you have tapered and fresh on the day it will be fine..and the adrenaline will help you get there....

Dave W.......always dangerous to do a training run with fast guys.......they say they will run slow but their slow isn't always slow enough........and in this weather that must have been a tough run.well done.

Len I don't lose weight with running as I feed myself up for it......you aren't alone.....you will be great on the day.......

any news yet on my bacon butty
  • Quick reminder to Mr Z, MF and Womble that you need to supply a sign for your group - either for putting on poles or for hanging over the rail image
  • Len 2 (I'm a girl) wrote (see)

I'm going to be faily easy to spot, being a girl, 5'10 and rather..er...chunky

I never lose weight from marathon training, if anything I put it on

because of having to refuel

Seriously, we won't be able to spot you, but we are by Mudchute DLR station with balloons and banners and lager and bacon sandwiches and suchlike

• We will collect stuff from the expo

but best if you don't drop it off last thing on the last day

• Hi everyone

glad to be joining you in group 5

Name: Chris Giles - hopefully have 'GILES' on my vest. Vest will be bright yellow, with my chosen charity, 'Alone In London' on the front in black letters.

Number: 7721

Time to mile 17: Three hours if all goes to plan...

Will drop off some gels at expo, look forward to seeing you at mile 17.

It's a great thing you guys are doing. Thank you
  • right, I have had a look on google earth to see where you are all going to be! At my current fitness form, I could be walking image so plenty of time to spot you all!
  • Last long run this weekend anyone?
  • not sure about last long one.........my plan is to do 23 miles off road in the brecon beacons on sunday image

but good luck to all those on here who this is their main race this spring.......image

its sunny here....i love the sun apart from when i am racing image
  • It is my last long run - 20 miles on Sunday. I can't wait for the taper image

• I am doing 22 miles on Saturday and hoping it will be a good one as last weeks felt like a disaster. image Did a good 20 miler race on Mothersday and so thought my14 miles last week would be a breeze.  I struggled - whether it was the heat, or my legs just hadn't recovered enough I don't know.

Trying to be positive for Saturday so I only trained on Monday, decided to have 4 days off to try to feel refreshed, starting carbo loading today, driven round my route yesterday to check it out, and arranged for my husband to be waiting for me in various areas to give me a boost.  image

• sounds like a good plan Maria....will you be wearing raceday kit as well just to check it all out........

• Yes I will, this is definitely a mock Marathon.  All positive thoughts at 8.00am on Saturday will be greatly appreciated! Lolimage