Dear RW

Comments

• The End is Nigh!!!

Ever since the Wickett pout picture was first published the decline has been steady. However I think it a bit premature to write off the whole forum concept just yet

• Something was premature when I saw that picture, that's fo...o...oh GOD not again?!
  • I knew, somewhere and somehow, that this would all be Wickett's fault.

BURN THE WITCH!

• Suffer not the Witch to live ..........
  • I'm still waiting for a suitable reply from RW. I'm assuming they can't be arsed.
  • a suitable reply? have they sent any kind of reply?
  • bugger - you trumped my haha with a hahaha. I feel flat
  • Yes, coops... and I'm looking for a man. A real man... Just like you.
  • Well I suppose just once wouldn't hurt for old times sake.....

• *sigh*

I remember the last time you dragged me into the back of a cab without knowing where we were going image
  • Haha, and we basically took the piss out of the driver for about 40 minutes solidly?
  • that'll be it. She didn't even realise. Dozy old bint.
  • It's always funnier when they don't realise.  Makes an "in joke" that extra bit special.

• Hi folks,

Just wanted to jump in and clarify a few things. We are aware of the impact a ban has on the member banned, and the community as a whole, and would be very unlikely to take such big step as a response to a single incident.

There had been a number of complaints, from a number of members, over a number of months about Kittenkat's behaviour on the forum. Getting in touch with directly didn't seem to improve the situation. Kittenkat was warned that we would take further action if necessary, and unfortunately we have had to do just that.

The ban was intended to give breathing space to Kittenkat as an individual and the forum as a whole and I do hope we're able to focus on that element rather than the ins and outs of specific incidents that may or may not have led to the ban.

I hope that clears things up, but do drop a line here or via email if you have any further queries.

Alice

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

My understanding of written communications between private individuals is that the communication belongs to the recipient.  It is their property to do as the see fit with.

If someone said something to KK which they didn't want the rest of the forum or FB to see, they should have thought about that before they sent it.

If they are ashamed of what the wrote, then they definitely should have thought before they sent it!

I understand that KK didn't actually NAME the sender in any case.

So I don't see what the problem with quoting a message that you have been sent is, as long as it wasn't libelous, defamatory, obscene or broke the DPA!

I think RW have gone OTT with this, whatever may have gone before, there was nothing wrong with what KK did here, as far as I can see.

• Well said Wilkie

Whoever sent that to KK, then goes and tells on KK to mummy RW that KK told other people and that isn't fair! *cue tantrum!*

OMG it's crazzzzzzzzzzyyyyyy - anyone is free to do what they want with private messages - she didn't actually name the person, it really has nothing to do with RW!

The person who sent that email to KK just appears to want to hide behind others and think it has pretty much backfired.

Anyway outta here, and this sums up pretty much why I left in the first place...

• Another + 1 to Wilkie's comment.

Alice RW wrote (see)

Hi folks,

Just wanted to jump in and clarify a few things. We are aware of the impact a ban has on the member banned, and the community as a whole, and would be very unlikely to take such big step as a response to a single incident.

There had been a number of complaints, from a number of members, over a number of months about Kittenkat's behaviour on the forum. Getting in touch with directly didn't seem to improve the situation. Kittenkat was warned that we would take further action if necessary, and unfortunately we have had to do just that.

The ban was intended to give breathing space to Kittenkat as an individual and the forum as a whole and I do hope we're able to focus on that element rather than the ins and outs of specific incidents that may or may not have led to the ban.

I hope that clears things up, but do drop a line here or via email if you have any further queries.

Alice

Plenty of other comments - many unpleasant, some downright nasty and a good number extremely personal have been posted over the years by other forumites.  IMHO, a lot of those comments are far worse than whatever kk did, yet b*gger all seems to happen to those people.

Anyhoo, whenever kk is back - belated happy birthday and good to see you back.image

• jon, the cabdriver understood, that's why a ten minute journey took 40 image
  • Jeepers wrote (see)

Another + 1 to Wilkie's comment.

Alice RW wrote (see)

Hi folks,

Alice

Plenty of other comments - many unpleasant, some downright nasty and a good number extremely personal have been posted over the years by other forumites.  IMHO, a lot of those comments are far worse than whatever kk did, yet b*gger all seems to happen to those people.

Anyhoo, whenever kk is back - belated happy birthday and good to see you back.image

Ive previously had warnings from RW towers and friendly guidance from other members when ive stepped out of line.  As a result I modified my behaviour.

From my understanding of the situation, KK has said things that have resulted in people being offended and led to complaints and as I understand from Alice's post a number of warnings. 

I personally have taken issue with some of KK's behavour and the constant targetting of a number of individuals, whether you find it acceptable or not regularly (and drunkenly) making personal comments (some untrue and misleading) is not acceptable.  It wouldnt be accepted in a personal situation so it shouldnt be accepted here.

Ive read that some people here find the 'offence' some have taken to KKs posts as churlish or not deserved.  Who are you to judge whether another person is offended?  From what I know it was not just one situation or one individual involved but many people over many months (myself included).  Ask yourself how many times youve found it necessary to appologise to other forumites for your behavour and posting the night before (KK's found this necessary many times)

I did not ask for KK to be banned but have certainly asked her to stop being offensive, perhaps this ban will resolve things.  I think the best thing for all concerned is to give this episode some breathing space.

Im not in a position to compare KK's behaviour to others but im sure RW thought long and hard before issuing the ban, they wouldnt have taken the decision lightly?  Lets also not forget the revelling some of you (including KK) partook when D2D was banned.

• I thought long and hard what to say and how to say it

Barlos, well said.