Outlaw last minute questions ??

Comments

• Big screen for footie set up in sports hall.

Spectating on the bike - had buses in 2010, very hit and miss though. Parents and mrs drove out onto the course but was a bit of a nightmare getting back ( I over took them 3 times on the bike coming back to HPP, there was that much queuing traffic caused by the selfish cyclists ). Plenty of places on the run to support.

I'm not camping, so not getting pissed.

• Are there any road closures other than around HPP?

• Not sure, there wasn't in 2010, certainly not on the main roads anyways.

• Big screen for stage 2 of the TdF ???

(After this Sunday we wont be worried about the wendy ball anyway)

• GB....several of the roads last year were dual carraigeways and they had coned of the inside lane for us...felt like royalty.

• Flat Foo.ted wrote (see)

GB....several of the roads last year were dual carraigeways and they had coned of the inside lane for us...felt like royalty.

Brilliant.... if I get bored with 6 hours of riding can start to try and slalom between the cones! image

Thanks

• another (much more important) question -

a coolbag and a bag of ice from the shop, with a crate of frozen beers taken out of the freezer on Saturday morning... will they still be cold by 6pm Sunday night? image

• Surely you'll have finished them all before Saturday night!

• Boots a better option would be to get a helper to ask nicely if they can stick the bag in some netting in the lake. I've seen it done before there but not for the tri. They would have to do it only after the swim has fineshed through.

Cpt.Jack sparra wrote (see)
    How easy/difficult is it for spectators ( partially disabled ) to get to different viewing points on the course ?

There are no path's on the run course other than the course it's self of they are in a wheel chair. Being near the stand at the finesh line is the best bet.

For the bike if they drive might be better for them to drive around and get to the places they want to be but would say that's not the best bet for the rides. Personally the less car's there are on the road the happier I will be.

• Great idea cake.... I know who can give an answer for alcohol / food related queries. I suppose I could also do it the night before... might make the bore of a 3.8km out and back swim a bit more exciting image 

BTW are you getting the train to HPP on Saturday morning per chance? I'll be jumping on at Chesterfield sometime if you are?

• Driving down Saturday morning with bookie. Space for bike and any kit if you need it but will have to have the back set's down for my bike or would offer a lift. With the lake/beer thing you might get someone being arsey about having to walk onto the run course to pick it up but it's happened load's of times in the past for canoeing.

• I should be OK thanks - will only have a rucksack and the bike and it means I can cycle that way from the city.

Actualy that's a point... im surprised you're not cycling from Sheffield and trying to say that it would make for a good brick / pre-training session!!

Shouldnt have problems. I dont think I will care that much how cold they are... as long as beer and whisky are available!! image

• Put it in the white water section just behind the main lake, get them to turn the jets on and that should keep the beer cooler.

• Golden Boots wrote (see)

another (much more important) question -

a coolbag and a bag of ice from the shop, with a crate of frozen beers taken out of the freezer on Saturday morning... will they still be cold by 6pm Sunday night? image

6pm? Shall I pass you one as you come through T2 then? image

Great idea cake.... I know who can give an answer for alcohol / food related queries. I suppose I could also do it the night before... might make the bore of a 3.8km out and back swim a bit more exciting image 

BTW are you getting the train to HPP on Saturday morning per chance? I'll be jumping on at Chesterfield sometime if you are?

GB, where are you based?? I live in Alfreton, so if you need some of your gear taking down I might be able to help. But I am going down on Friday straight from work! My Mum's coming down with her caravan so I'm lodging with her over the weekend. I'll be heading home on Tuesday so I could potentially bring stuff back too!!

• Little Sister wrote (see)
    Golden Boots wrote (see)

Great idea cake.... I know who can give an answer for alcohol / food related queries. I suppose I could also do it the night before... might make the bore of a 3.8km out and back swim a bit more exciting image 

GB, where are you based?? I live in Alfreton, so if you need some of your gear taking down I might be able to help. But I am going down on Friday straight from work! My Mum's coming down with her caravan so I'm lodging with her over the weekend. I'll be heading home on Tuesday so I could potentially bring stuff back too!!

LS I will be at the parents in Wingerworth but will be OK thanks... got SE taking some stuff for me (Which is why I refuse to even acknowledge his poor attempt at humour above!!) Should only have a bike and rucksack so will just cycle down from Nottingham station on the Saturday morning image Thank you anyway

• Just be careful GB, cycling with two slabs of beer in the rucksack might put you off balance slightly image

• Are people planning on making use of the practice swim on the Saturday?

• Lee the Pea wrote (see)

Just be careful GB, cycling with two slabs of beer in the rucksack might put you off balance slightly image

Not as much as if you carry them internally image

• Lee the Pea wrote (see)

Just be careful GB, cycling with two slabs of beer in the rucksack might put you off balance slightly image

True... might have to drink everything up before I get to Nottingham then!!

I should be OK thanks - will only have a rucksack and the bike and it means I can cycle that way from the city.

Actualy that's a point... im surprised you're not cycling from Sheffield and trying to say that it would make for a good brick / pre-training session!!

Shouldnt have problems. I dont think I will care that much how cold they are... as long as beer and whisky are available!! image

<span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 10pt;"><span style="color: #000000;">Dude it’s been done before but last time I had to ditch all the cakes I’d baked for Lea and Meldy with space in the rucksack. Ending up having to eat them all. This time I can come with my full bag of trick’s image

• MovingAlong wrote (see)

Are people planning on making use of the practice swim on the Saturday?

Nope, can't see any benefit to it.

• Stupid Question 1:

If I can convince my wife to give me a lift from our hotel to T1 on race day (I will get a taxi), are there any traffic / road closure issues? Where is a good place to get dropped off?

Stupid Question 2:

On the bike, can you grab drink bottles on the move like at Ironman UK? This is a good game, I almost mastered it by the end of last year's race.  

• Chesilboy - on the morning of the race you get dropped off right by the main complex near the start, I'll be arriving by car like last time. Don't think they closed the access road until after the swim started.

Yes, to your second question.

• The only road closures I know of will be the main access road (Adbolton Lane) once the race has started (we will be using it to head out onto the bike course). There will  also be a lane closure on the A52 between Adbolton Lane and Radcliffe on Trent which is for us to cycle along. These closures should be lifted reasonably quikcly once the last cycklist is on their way.

There should be some traffic management in place for us at various junctions to help / protect the competitors but I'm not aware of any other closures. There is website I can have a quick look at to see if there is any other TM on the course.

Also you could check the Spectator info, might be something in there! http://dload.osb.s3.amazonaws.com/info/outlaw12spectatorinfo.pdf

• Thanks holgs and little sister!
  • Looked at that website and I can't see any more road closures indicated that might affect people getting around by car. But going from experience that doesn't mean to say that there aren't any!!

• Cake wrote (see)
    Golden Boots wrote (see)

I should be OK thanks - will only have a rucksack and the bike and it means I can cycle that way from the city.

Dude it’s been done before but last time I had to ditch all the cakes I’d baked for Lea and Meldy with space in the rucksack. Ending up having to eat them all. This time I can come with my full bag of trick’s image

imageimageimage  Clearly you need a bigger rucksack!! image