Pirate DIY Half IM, The second coming!

Comments

• I will try and be creative before resorting to plagiarism the Seren. image

Thought sure I'd already said something along those lines but its dissapeared. 

• H0NKH0NK ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of each designing a DIY medal to present to the person behind, sounds fun but otherwise I'm not fussed about a medal.
  • this is starting to appeal, especially as Outlaw half is a month later .....and fink does suggest an olympic about here in my revised plan.....

can I be down as a maybe ?

• Well broached the subject with the misses, she said no, but didn't sound like she ment it. I asked if she would be happy to help out a little and she has since asked when she is helping out. Put me down for it, if she kills me and i can't make it then I'll just have to be dead and sorry!

• Id broach the subject with my misses, however I might need to have a normal shaped ankle first.

is their a map/plan of the route ? or a start time ?

• Sgt Lard

The start time is usually 10 o'clock as thats when the pool opens, if they give us the pool early then will start at 9.

here is the bike course from last year

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5463208

and here is the run course from last year

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5466151

And just for good measure here are the race instructions also from last year.

*** Please note, there maybe be a couple of changes this year to routes etc *****

The following instructions will apply to both Saturday and Sunday

The race will start at 10:00, but it is 1 mile away from our house so would like everyone to get to our house by latest 09:30.

Start with a gentle 1 mile cycle to the swimming pool from our house at approx 09:45, the pool opens at 10:00 (there are swimming lessons on a Saturday morning, so it can get busy then).

There are bike stands just by the entrance and there will be someone watching your bikes at all times, so feel free to lay out any extra kit you want there as this will save time faffing around with lockers etc.

It is a pool swim and this will cost you £4, there are lockers at the pool but there will be a small tranisition area (maned) for you to leave your stuff

It is a 25M pool, so you will need to do 76 lengths; it is up to yourselves to count to the correct number.

Upon exiting the pool you have approx ¾ of mile cycle to get to the start of the laps, you will then complete 11 laps of a 5 mile course; there will be 1 feed station on the course, so you pass this 11 times on the bike.

When you have finished your 11th lap, you will then have 1 mile left (mostly downhill as well) to complete the bike section.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5463208

It a rolling course, I would sugest that your first lap is taken easy so you get to know where you push hard and there are 2 left sharp left turns

Me and Mrs SA use this as our 10mile TT course (2 laps)

Transition 2 will be at our house and will be covered if conditions are bad

Depending on weather as to if transition 2 will be covered or not.

On exiting T2 you will attempt to run 4 laps of a 3 ¼ mile run, there will be a feed station at the same point as the bike course which you will pass 4 times, there will also be a feed station at T2 which is also the finish, you pass this 4 times, well 3 times plus the time in T2

On the bike course I will be able to supply water, if you bring your own bottles, which will be returned, if you need any special drinks or gels please bring these with you and mark then up so they can be handed to you on the course.

For the run I will supply water and coke any other drinks gels etc you require please bring them with you and mark them so they can be handed to you on the run.

With it starting at 10:00 I would expect everybody to have finished by 20:00 giving 10 hours to complete, we will hopefully then be able to have to some food for those wishing to. On Sunday we may well crack open a few beers as well.

I always treat it like a race, but it’s up to you, I won’t be drafting anyone, but if a few want to go round together then that’s fine, they are no hard and fast rules.

I am off work on the Friday and Monday so if anyone wants to drop stuff off early or pick up stuff up late thats fine

My address is

7 Chiltern Avenue

Macclesfield

Cheshire

SK11 8LP

My Mobile is 07791 993632

• running out of excuses now, thankyou for the details SA

• If you need more encouragement then check out the thread from earlier this year, some great race reports towards the end.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/triathlon/diy-half-im/185429.html

• I've been thinking about the medals thing and although it is in theory a good/nice idea, it only takes one person to forget to bring along  a medal and then someone goes home without one, I now think it's best that my idea is abandonned.

• Unless some sensible person brings / makes a couple of spare just in case ...?
  • Or whoever doesn't bring one doesn't get one......?

edit - second thoughts, that sounds a bit mean. 

•  

DIY Halfwits

1. SA
    2. Mrs SA
    3. Slag
    4. Soup Dragon
    5. Button Mushroom
    6. MovingAlong
    7. Orange Cannon
    8. Nurse (Bacon1)
    9. Gastank (Bacon2)
    10. Stanners
    11. Bobby Nobby
    12. bburn plO.dder
    13. sarah the bookworm
    14. Cake
    15. JC(Iron)Digger
    16. Iron Rose
    17. Horse
    18. Razor51
    19. Rafiki
    20. Frodo
    21. Pingu
    22. Golden Boots
    23. 7755Matt
    24. The Evil Pixie
    25. Colourin (aka Shivering Whippet)
    26. Trundle Forth
    27. Tired Badger
    28. Silver Trucker
    29. Rustman
    30. H0nk
    31. Jammy Dodger 2
    32. Blue Peter
    33. Paul Platt
    34. run-with-dogs
    35. Ironholgs
    36. Mr bburn plO.dder

Support Crew

• Lee The Pea
    • marshallini
    • Bobby Nobby
    • SuperCaz
    • 7755Matt + Mrs 7755Matt (probably)
    • Colourin (aka Shivering Whippet)
    • Trundle Forth
    • bburn plO.dder

Just added my other half to list of Halfwits.

After doing his first sprint this summer, I'm finally winning him around imageimageimage.

Still not got him on the forum yet, so he's stuck with being Mr plO.dder for now image

And I've put myself down as a helper. I'll lend a hand on whichever day I'm not "racing" (I use that term loosely!!).

• ok, already. get me on the list. Im up for a go at this.  be a great learing exercise - and I need lots of learning.

• DIY Halfwits

1. SA
    2. Mrs SA
    3. Slag
    4. Soup Dragon
    5. Button Mushroom
    6. MovingAlong
    7. Orange Cannon
    8. Nurse (Bacon1)
    9. Gastank (Bacon2)
    10. Stanners
    11. Bobby Nobby
    12. bburn plO.dder
    13. sarah the bookworm
    14. Cake
    15. JC(Iron)Digger
    16. Iron Rose
    17. Horse
    18. Razor51
    19. Rafiki
    20. Frodo
    21. Pingu
    22. Golden Boots
    23. 7755Matt
    24. The Evil Pixie
    26. Trundle Forth
    27. Tired Badger
    28. Silver Trucker
    29. Rustman
    30. H0nk
    31. Jammy Dodger 2
    32. Blue Peter
    33. Paul Platt
    34. run-with-dogs
    35. Ironholgs
    36. Mr bburn plO.dder
    37. Sgt Lard
    38. yellowrubberduck

Support Crew

• Lee The Pea
    • marshallini
    • Bobby Nobby
    • SuperCaz
    • Trundle Forth
    • bburn plO.dder
  • image That's a lot of nut case's in one place poor mac. image

• Mr SA Sir,

Would it be ok to maybe bring along a couple of COLT buddies who are doing the Outlaw? One sometimes post on here and the other is making his debut after knocking around with me for a couple of years.

• Oh and medals, I'm not creative, people I'm sure would rather have nothing than one made by me.

• Been thinking about the medal's and have an idea but wanted to see if anyone else had one before posting. I can get a few crafty things together (paint glue ribbon cardboard bosawood) and make a stardardish template.

Put them at the SA's if anyone is interested there will be a few mini pirate's about from what people have posted and some folks might be interested as well while they wait for the slow folks like me to finesh. Would anyone be interested in making the medels on the day? It's just a through. Done similar things for the hippy stuff sometimes mess about with and might work well or might be pants depending on who wanted to have a go.

• Not at all Holgs image

- and all you have to do is autograph it and it will be worth a fortune. image

• Cake - I love the idea of kids making some medals. image

• Ironholgs wrote (see)

Mr SA Sir,

Would it be ok to maybe bring along a couple of COLT buddies who are doing the Outlaw? One sometimes post on here and the other is making his debut after knocking around with me for a couple of years.

No problem, I have a couple of mates who aren't pirates that may also be doing this

The medals t shirt question, I can both done and would only be approx £10 for both would people pay that?

• Soup Dragon wrote (see)

Not at all Holgs image

- and all you have to do is autograph it and it will be worth a fortune. image

Or at the most 2p

• The Silent Assassin wrote (see)
    Ironholgs wrote (see)

Mr SA Sir,

No problem, I have a couple of mates who aren't pirates that may also be doing this

The medals t shirt question, I can both done and would only be approx £10 for both would people pay that?

I'd be willing to pay it if that was what was decided. Loved Marshallinis design, that would look cool on a black t-shirt.

• or we could have t-shirts with

"It's all Silent Assassins Fault" on them

• but "its all Vikings fault" sounds so much better.

Will look into t shirts with Marshallinis desgin on, because I also think that will look great

• Ironholgs wrote (see)

or we could have t-shirts with

"It's all Silent Assassins Fault" on them

or signed copies of Holgs book. Cause it was all HIS fault originally. ( ill even bring my copy of the book for that image

• If it is alright i would like to join you all for this, would be a great step on my slow IM journey. I expect i would be able to help on one day and participate on the other, and may bring the other half along to help out on the day i join in.

DIY Halfwits

1. SA
    2. Mrs SA
    3. Slag
    4. Soup Dragon
    5. Button Mushroom
    6. MovingAlong
    7. Orange Cannon
    8. Nurse (Bacon1)
    9. Gastank (Bacon2)
    10. Stanners
    11. Bobby Nobby
    12. bburn plO.dder
    13. sarah the bookworm
    14. Cake
    15. JC(Iron)Digger
    16. Iron Rose
    17. Horse
    18. Razor51
    19. Rafiki
    20. Frodo
    21. Pingu
    22. Golden Boots
    23. 7755Matt
    24. The Evil Pixie
    26. Trundle Forth
    27. Tired Badger
    28. Silver Trucker
    29. Rustman
    30. H0nk
    31. Jammy Dodger 2
    32. Blue Peter
    33. Paul Platt
    34. run-with-dogs
    35. Ironholgs
    36. Mr bburn plO.dder
    37. Sgt Lard
    38. yellowrubberduck
    39. Training Hill

Support Crew

• Lee The Pea
    • marshallini
    • Bobby Nobby
    • SuperCaz
    • Trundle Forth
    • bburn plO.dder

• As Marshallini's design is a white square, it doesn't look great on a black t shirt, it looks fantastic on a white t shirt.

I can get t shirts and one side printing for £7.50

I can get t shirts and 2 sides printing for £10

What would people be prepared to pay?