Outlaw 2013

Comments

• Ooh - loads of pirates ... I'm excited ... image

• Dusty (((((hugs)))))  If you can great if you can't then your still a lovely bloke who it will be a pleasure to eat donuts with.

Nice to see steve back on one of these lists and Tom we've still got your t-shirt from this years race good excuse to meet up and get some miles in mate. image Rest of you your all imagely

• Full Whack
    Cake
    Sarah the Bookworm
    ST
    EP
    Maths chick?
    Sponge Cale
    Tommy Gun
    Razor 51
    Horse
    Britrisky
    DTT
    Iron Pingu
    Donna Kebab
    seren nos
    JvR
    JCDigger
    Steve ho
    Alibear
    Yellowrubberduck.                                                                                             TJ1004          
    Running  Postie 
    Nurse Ratched (and Partner in Crime)
    Half Pint
    This is Tom's Pseudonym          

Relay
    xxx, Colourin, Lee The Pea
    Happychap                           

Potential relay peeps
    Fraggle - swim (I offered our swim place to Fraggle without realising we aleady had a swimmer, oops image)
    SuperCaz - swim

Supporting
    engineer
    mathschick
    Dave the Ex Spartan

• Cake yeah i'll have to pop down, hopefully soon image been a little busy recently! 

LtP thanks for adding me to the list image

• Full Whack
    Cake
    Sarah the Bookworm
    ST
    EP
    Maths chick?
    Sponge Cale
    Tommy Gun
    Razor 51
    Horse
    Britrisky
    DTT
    Iron Pingu
    Donna Kebab
    seren nos
    JvR
    JCDigger
    Steve ho
    Alibear
    Yellowrubberduck.                                                                                             TJ1004          
    Running  Postie 
    Half Pint
    This is Tom's Pseudonym  
    NV        

Relay
    Happychap                           

Potential relay peeps
    Fraggle - swim (I offered our swim place to Fraggle without realising we aleady had a swimmer, oops image)
    SuperCaz - swim

Supporting
    engineer
    mathschick
    Dave the Ex Spartan

No idea how I'm going to explain this to Mrs NV image

• image  Just tell her you've booked a romantic weekend in Nottingham for next July, and all this extra time you're spending out the house is because your boss is really evil and making you work loads of extra hoursimage Sorted image 

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Or that you've been recruited by the British secret service against your will, and the safety of the country rests on your shoulders.

That sounds plausible image

• Liking your work ladies. Keep 'em coming. Best excuse wins a High5 caffeine gel (the raspberry one, not the nasty orange one favoured by OSB).

So, in summary, if I turn up for work in cycling kit for the next 12 months and mutter into a bluetooth phone headset whilst looking around suspiciously I should get away with it.

•  

Full Whack
    Cake
    Sarah the Bookworm
    ST
    EP
    Maths chick?
    Sponge Cale
    Tommy Gun
    Razor 51
    Horse
    Britrisky
    DTT
    Iron Pingu
    Donna Kebab
    seren nos
    JvR
    JCDigger
    Steve ho
    Alibear
    Running  Postie 
    Half Pint
    This is Tom's Pseudonym  
    NV

Tired Badger     

Relay
    Happychap                           

Potential relay peeps
    SuperCaz - swim

Supporting
    engineer
    mathschick
    Dave the Ex Spartan

Thats a lot of pirates again.

• Doner kebab I thought you were going short next year? I like a bit of competitionimage

Cake can you arrange for someone else to go get the doughnuts next year, I missed them but the slurp of the bitter was lovely!!

• I am not lurking on here. 
    As you were image 

• image Oh hobbit one you can do it i for one believe in you. image

Postie, I'm sure we can sort something out. Special request's for support crew and all that.

• Oh, I'm definitely going long next season. It's just that the date for Outlaw is rubbish for me, however, it is the one I really want to do image 

• i'm so pleased that a group of us are doing it...........i chose it for my a race and was worried that i would be on my ownimage

I will probably be going in the posh end of the field again away from the pirate posse............i need electric hookup to ensure my garmin is fully charged and to kep my beers cold.......image

• imageimage Frodo i'm sure you could do it!

• Got to have a fridge for the Guinness
  • I am always exhausted at the beginning of July, because of work. I would be going into Outlaw off the back of a run of long hours and a 12-day straight stretch at work. Plus, the hardest/longest bit of training would also fall at my busiest time in May/June.
    It would be far more sensible to go to Challenge Henley, when I will be more relaxed and will have had oodles of time for the long training sessions in the latter half of July.

But when have I ever been sensible? image  

• Chuckles a few weeks ago before I DNF at outlaw I was thinking off doing Henley and vicky and if there ends up being extra 5 pence behind the sofa might do then. Daft question who is it you really want to do the outlaw. With the day job doing one later in the year does make a lot of sence but it's all still doable with work and stuff. image

• Frodo you will make time for the training, especially if you have spent all that money, do the one that makes more sense! I want to do Outlaw as it is in my back garden so to speak and I have plans for later in the year...*hopefully* so won't be able to do Henley. Either way there will be loads of support at bothimage

• Seren ....You snob, get a solar charger and come and join us scabs in the meadow or you can mind your own bike next year.......image

• Seren I'll be with you then will take motorhome image could do a posh pirate camp tooimage
  • I shall no doubt have a full and frank conversation with my mentor before making any decisions (see, I can be sensible image )
    But it will have to wait until he is back from his jolly in the Alps and I've survived the Lakeland.  

• ST/Seren I will be on the eleccy hook up too, my folks can't live without itimage I could try posh but not sure where to start!!

• Hehe, can't believe how busy this thread is and it's still a year away!

Seren, I may posh it up with leccy hookup too. 

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Leccy hookup is required for all glampists. image

• just remember you do need to pre book electric hookup......but i was ok 2 weeks before and there were some spare places..........

the tents with electric hookups aren't next to the campervans...........they are posher again............

Pingu........can't believe i am excited about this and its nearly a year away..........image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Does mentally imagining yourself doing the training count as actual training? I was dreaming about this last night...

• I appear to have pre-registered, better learn to ride the bike proper like oh should I tell himself image

• Hmmmm - leccy or slum it? Can't find that section in Fink.  Which is a bit slack of him, since it's going to need much more consideration than the training plan.

NV - don't foget to talk into your cufflinks from time to time.