Outlaw 2013

Comments

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭
    Tired Legs (Mrs Punch) wrote (see)

I appear to have pre-registered, better learn to ride the bike proper like oh should I tell himself image

So far I have not told my himself either and I need to learn to swim and run as well as ride the bike , so you're ahead of me. There's also the small matter of funds that I need to work on as well. ThisLeccy stuff costs a few bob for a start.

Anyway I believe Mr Punch has done the odd race himself so surely you're in credit ?

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

I have tried to get my OH to read Holgs's book so that he gets an idea of what I am in for, but he won'timage

• the lecce posh site definitely was a bit more expensive....£72 for 4 nights for a family tent............which i had all to myselfimage

i am bac k off to read my triathlon book in the sun with a beer.............almost like training

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Sn thats £18 per night which is pretty cheap by UK Leccy Camping Stds thanks for that image  Will have to see nearer the time but if tents aren't full perhaps we could rent out "rooms" to share costs?

• sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Does mentally imagining yourself doing the training count as actual training? I was dreaming about this last night...

yep, I would go for that!!! it's too hot anyway, I'm wore out just thinking about training!

mathschick wrote (see)

I have tried to get my OH to read Holgs's book so that he gets an idea of what I am in for, but he won'timage

could be worse, we fight over whose turn it is to train. I told the OH today whilst he was having his sports massage, that it was a bit inconvienient for me to have to go to Spain this week with him for his triathlon, as it was going to interupt my training!

• postie.my OH only runs but has started crosstraining on the bike..........I always let him have the earlier time slot as i hate getting up at 6 am to run......

• mathschick wrote (see)

image I did that last summer too. He giggled a lot while reading it, handed it back and told me I was f***ing nuts.... but he knew that anyway and when would my first one be image 

• What a lovely hot day to train, I'm cream crackered now just been out on Ride with The Evil Pixie. Very hot I mean hot image still nice to see Pixie and a nice ride out too. Will I have to bring tent instead of motorhome then?
  • Not got as far as thinking about the sleeping arrangements!

I didn't realise that's what training partners ment?
  • I've said this before.....Where does your mind roam....image

Dont mention bike riding to me....read my mutterings on Training For Shorter Tri Thread.

• AliBear30 wrote (see)
    Tired Legs (Mrs Punch) wrote (see)

I appear to have pre-registered, better learn to ride the bike proper like oh should I tell himself image

So far I have not told my himself either and I need to learn to swim and run as well as ride the bike , so you're ahead of me. There's also the small matter of funds that I need to work on as well. ThisLeccy stuff costs a few bob for a start.

Anyway I believe Mr Punch has done the odd race himself so surely you're in credit ?

yep he has done the odd IM image, but being a bike ponce he's worried about me and the bike.  My swim and run are a tad carp tho but not too worried about them.

• seren nos wrote (see)

i am bac k off to read my triathlon book in the sun with a beer.............almost like training

triathlon training books are overrated I recon!!!!

*ducks*

However the beer sounds bang on.  image

• Silver Trucker wrote (see)
    Not got as far as thinking about the sleeping arrangements!

I didn't realise that's what training partners ment?

like the thinking....i will be very careful about asking for a training partner............image

O.rangeCannon I came, I saw, I knitted wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

triathlon training books are overrated I recon!!!!

*ducks*

However the beer sounds bang on.  image

I am now on chapter 7 and beer 5..need more beer to catch up..........

I have trained one way or another every morning of holiday and plan for an early run in the morning...really enjoying my fun sessions in the early morning sunshine..........wonder when the rain will return

• image seren .........having a beer for breakfast does not count as training..............sorry

• i need to train for the after race celebration partyimage

• I think they call it mental visualisation ( see countless article on Rebecca Adlington overcoming her nerves to be world champion) .

Beer book sunshine - living the dream!

• I'm in. After a year off it will be good to get some bike miles in. A chance for my mentee to beat me.image
  • I should have added. I will be booking leccy for the mini-bago.
  • Rafiki wrote (see)

image seren .........having a beer for breakfast does not count as training..............sorry

Spoilsport!!!! image

• 5 miles nice and slowly run before it gets too hot...........saw a deer and a few other wildlife.love running on holidays...........now where is the beer

• I havn't told my OH or children yet but I think she suspect something as I have been doing a bit of research on the internet about wetsuits and doing some maintenace on the bike and started to go swimming again. image

Hey PSC maybe we can hook up for some bike rides image

• lets do this image 

Full Whack
    Cake
    Sarah the Bookworm
    ST
    EP
    Maths chick?
    Sponge Cale
    Tommy Gun
    Razor 51
    Horse
    Britrisky
    DTT
    Iron Pingu
    Donna Kebab
    seren nos
    JvR
    JCDigger
    Steve ho
    Alibear
    Yellowrubberduck. TJ1004
    Running Postie
    Nurse Ratched (and Partner in Crime)
    Half Pint
    This is Tom's Pseudonym
    NV
    PSC
    Mr Zuvai
    Tired Badger

Relay
    xxx, Colourin, Lee The Pea
    Happychap

Potential relay peeps
    Fraggle - swim (I offered our swim place to Fraggle without realising we aleady had a swimmer, oops )
    SuperCaz - swim

Supporting
    engineer
    mathschick
    Dave the Ex Spartan

Thats a lot of pirates again.

• Is this likely to be beat Henley for the number of pirates attending?
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Any idea when entries open? I need to start saving some pennies...

• The entry should open late September, I don't think it will fill staright away, this years only filled so quickly because  so many pirates entered that it pushed the number up so quick that people who where thinking about it had to enter.

If it does fill will be about December

• Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    Is this likely to be beat Henley for the number of pirates attending?

More chance of getting the orsum pirate feed station going again, or was the plan to move it to Henley?

• Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    Is this likely to be beat Henley for the number of pirates attending?

i'll still be Henley in some form image