Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Amsterdam did make a mistake in my mind chnaging the travel options to the stadium. The first two times I ran it they ran the 2 & 5 trams to near the stadium and getting in was far easier. The third time I ran they stopped those trams running on the morning of the race and the Metro was the best (near enough only) option. I have no idea what the thinking behind no longer using the trams was.

Having seen the medals Amsterdams seems to be pretty much the same each year, with only some slight tweaks. I do like the scaling size of the medals they do for each event.

• Hi, I know I'm probably being an idiot but I can't find any link on the Berlin site for pre-reg... Am I missing something plainly obvious or will all become clear tomorrow at 12pm Berlin-time?

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@Iain - it's on the berlin marathon website and the first drop down tab and the second selection from there... if that makes sens?

/members/images/334358/Gallery/berlin.jpg

• As someone who has done Amsterdam but not Paris, that comparison made for interesting reading - cheers DLR.

Fags - last failed attempt lasted 7 weeks at the beginning of the year. Due to injury I wasn't running then. I'm hoping quitting at the same time as being in full marathon training mode will make it easier, in terms of seeing results helping with motivation....hoping...

I like the locking myself away idea...and I have a mate with a holiday home in the Lake District...hmmm
  • Oops. I've just accidentally entered Edinburgh in May. Anyone else doing it?

Johnny. My theory is that quitting smoking's like a see-saw. On the left, you have all the reasons to carry on. On the right, you have all the reasons to stop or stay stopped. When you're smoking and want to give up, there's not much on the left side and loads of reasons to stop on the right side. As soon as you quit, the see-saw begins to tip down towards the left, as the reasons to start again mount up and the reasons to stay stopped begin to be chipped away. If you left side goes down below the right, you'll start again, but if your initial reasons to stop are big and heavy enough, the see-saw will stay tipped towards the right and you'll succeed.

• Broadly agree with that dlr although Paris wins the medal shirt for me... Biased though as Amsterdam is emblazoned with a competitors logo....
  • has anyone figured out the way around their profile page on the ASO site yet?  I got an email this morning saying my bib number for the half-marathon had changed.  I'm not doing the half...  so just ignored it.  I have looked on the web site and I can see my entry to the marathon (not the half) but can't see my bib number.   Where should I be looking..?   Any ideas..?

• I haven't had an email saying I'm in the marathon yet ! But they have taken my money, and my profile page has a bib number on it

Click on the marathon listed in my races, then at the bottom a the page that comes up on more news, and you should see your marathon details
  • Great...   hidden away, but got it now,...  and yes, the number has changed...  thanks

• Should be safe Dave.  Email might have been filtered out.

• Looks like I'm now staying over in Laarnden on November 6th & 7th.  No idea where yet as 3 meetings are spread out but anyone fancy coffe and/or an easy run somewhere?

• Red
    3434 Neil Belgium
    5995 Bedders 
    6032 Stray Runner

Yellow
    8186 seanb
    8843 Oops
    9114 djwolf
    10101 Dirty Leeds Rob

Blue
    14021 Mark Beevor
    14160 Weedy Gonzalez
    14467 kaz1
    15080 Ward 6
    15350 phil in fitter
    16171 Steve Duffy 2

Purple
    28285 Pauline Macfarlae
    28790 Nicola bird 2
    28850 Eggyh73
    29684  Radar Sal
    30188 Johnny Lyall
    30213 Dannirr 
    31612 Elizabeth Ellis 3

Green
    37185 yer_maj
    37480 Suzy Martines
    37524 SP13
    37991 Emmy_H
    38591 Febo
    39107 Trevor Olver
    39586 The Luverly Suzie (aka Mrs Ex-Spartan)
    39658 Iain Moore 2
    39851 Dave The Ex-Spartan
    40116 Nic E
    40483 Tiddy
    40582 Clag
    41369 Monkey man
    42380 Running Rodent
    42561 ATM
    43795 NGUG

Grey
    50009 the jimbob
    50501 swindon dave
    51095 KeyserSuze
    51222 James B 73
    51614 Mrs dj
    52460 TartanPimpernel
    52868 Orbutt

Pink
    58463 DV
    62660 Marathon Maus

• My OH hasn't had one either, or replies to the emails I sent on Friday from each of our email accounts
  • Emmy - thanks. That link doesn't lead me anywhere to pre-register? Is it just my apple browser or will it just open up on Thursday?

Anyway, in other news, we are now 45 in number!
  • Emmy - ignore above, I'm sure it'll become clear tomorrow. Thanks though. I'm just hopeful of no Paris-like number scrums... However, as TD did say right at the start - numbers would still be available for ages after...
  • Well it looks like I am  out  of the running for the foreseeable future - although I would like to know what the foreseeable future means???image

/members/images/581164/Gallery/naomi_running.PNG

But My daughter has levitation skills!!!image

• Just been to Sports Direct to get "The Jimbob" printed on my new (medium sized) Leukaemia Research running top - £1 a letter. Also got a price from Snappy Snaps. £14.99 - Sports direct the clear winner.  bear that in mind guys'n'girls - quite handy

• Dark Vader - I also got the email saying my Half Marathon (Semi Marathon as they call it) had changed, I sent a mail back saying i was doing the Full Marathon but havent had a reply. On my ASO site it says i am registered for the whole Marathon so i think its all good!

PS - I am in the Blue section with the new number 14558

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - That boy in the green top is either perving at your daughter or in awe of her levitation skills!

Iain - I wonder how quickly Berlin will sell out this year. Might gain more interest as it's the 40th anniversary of the event. It was the 35th for Chicago and it sold out in less than a week this year, when for the previous few years it took a good few weeks to sell out. Although I can't say if it was that, or just a greater than normal level of interest that lead it to sell out so quickly.

Jimbob - I've never bothered with that myself. Although in Paris they put what ever you entered as your nickname when registering on the bib, so I had Eggy written on mine. image

• Have signed up!! Am in the pink section 58251

Must be mad, am still sore after Sunday!

• Londonliv - that's brilliant, congratulations. You won't regret it. You should have been in the red section though!

Emmy - three T-shirts needed now.

• Weedy - what timing is the red section?? I would have been the one holding everyone up!

• Red starting pen in Paris is for sub3 wannabees Londonliv. Preferential section is for sub3 havebins. We don't have anybody signed up on our list in that group yet. image

• Sub-3 wannabees - yikes image I think I'll stick to my sub 5!

• I'm very much a wannabee image

There was no option for preferentials in the sign up form. I was actually surprised I could go for red without having to provide any proof of previous results or stuff like that.

Maybe the preferentials part will be another one of their money spinners. I noticed a "VIP" option was there (just after the SMS option that you have to pay for now image ) for €80 or something, to make you "more confortable" before and after the race...

• By the way DLR I thought your comparison was spot on. The bag drop in Amsterdam was a million times better than Paris. The finish was worse - I git a bit lost trying to find my way back to the expo/ bag drop, luckily I went the right way and wasn't too tired - wouldn't have liked to fight through those crowds on post-Marathon legs.

Does anyone know how/ why certain people were getting flowers in Amsterdam? I saw a lot of people carrying these really long flowers - Gladioli maybe, not sure (showing my lack of flower knowledge here)

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Oops. I've just accidentally entered Edinburgh in May. Anyone else doing it?

Accidentally entered a marathon? Love it!

@Kaz - you girl is certainly flying! image

@Iain - It'll all become clear tomorrow.... now all form a line behind meimage I'm a bit worried about this entire pre-registration thing. Just take my money and be done with it!

for some reason i've not been getting notifications image

• I'm a 3 hr wannabee too!

I'm also a multi millionaire wannabee, an E6 climber wannabee, a suave sophisticated jet setter wannabee, a body like an internation athlete wannabee.... etc.... etc

Likelyhood of any of the above...........................................slimimage

More seriously, I don't think I'd want to pay 80 euros to start at the front and have everyone pile past me in the first few miles!!

• Red
    3434 Neil Belgium
    5995 Bedders 
    6032 Stray Runner

Yellow
    8186 seanb
    8843 Oops
    9114 djwolf
    10101 Dirty Leeds Rob

Blue
    14021 Mark Beevor
    14160 Weedy Gonzalez
    14467 kaz1
    14558 Edd125
    15080 Ward 6
    15350 phil in fitter
    16171 Steve Duffy 2

Purple
    28285 Pauline Macfarlae
    28790 Nicola bird 2
    28850 Eggyh73
    29684  Radar Sal
    30188 Johnny Lyall
    30213 Dannirr 
    31612 Elizabeth Ellis 3

Green
    37185 yer_maj
    37480 Suzy Martines
    37524 SP13
    37991 Emmy_H
    38591 Febo
    39107 Trevor Olver
    39586 The Luverly Suzie (aka Mrs Ex-Spartan)
    39658 Iain Moore 2
    39851 Dave The Ex-Spartan
    40116 Nic E
    40483 Tiddy
    40582 Clag
    41369 Monkey man
    42380 Running Rodent
    42561 ATM
    43795 NGUG

Grey
    50009 the jimbob
    50501 swindon dave