Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Hello everyone, I'm all signed up and ready for action..............well almost.

Number 15149 Blue

I have been reading this thread for some time now from page 1 to present and feel its about time I introduced myself. I have been running for about 4 years now having done loads of 10k, half marathons and done the Brighton marathon twice. So desperately want to do London marathon but always getting rejected in ballot and found myself looking around for other marathons to do, and here I found what I'm looking for Paris 2013.

Looking forward to the next 5 months training and bring on Paris 2013.
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    MG09 - Welcome to the thread. You've made the right choice with Paris.
  • Hi MG09 - I'm a late addition to the thread as well, altho I gatecrashed the thread's pre-race meal last year via a friend. I'm in the blue section same as you.

• So, this weekend I have discovered Man vs Food. On Dave. (I know how pathetic I am.)

It's absolutely class. Frankly I'm astonished at the amount of meat the normal people eat in these places. I'm jealous! How is the presenter, Adam Richman, not a LOT much fatter?
  • Welcome MG09, time to get stuck in.

Which pre-race dinner did you gate crash Weedy. the early bird's 17:30 session or the late night raver's meal at 1830?

Went out for a bike ride/ dog run this afternoon and had the pleasure of running 7kms home pushing the bike with a flat tyre. Kind of frustrating that I only put a new inner tube in it YESTERDAY but kind of pleasing that I could easily run home. First run in a week. Knee doesn't feel too sore but will be calling the surgeon for an appt tmrw; pretty sure that something is not right.

Happy getting older day Rob.
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Iain - Man vs Food is a guilty pleasure of mine. Some of the food looks awesome, but most of the challenges looks beyond revolting. By all accounts the presenter has a very strict diet when not filming and in the latest series no longer does the challenges. he get some idiot from the crowd to do it. That said I'd really love to do a Man vs Food road trip! image

TD - I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get some good news after talking with the surgeon tomorrow.

• Tricky Dicky - Whichever one DLR and RR were at. I was second from left facing the door. My friend Alex did the run and was on the thread, so I tagged along with her, altho I wasn't on the forum at the time.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Hello, MG09. Welcome to the thread. You'll have a ball in Paris.

Hello, again, Weedy image

• DV - ow. Best wishes to Mrs DV, although I have to confess to having a laugh at 'I live in a parallel universe most of the time' image .

Eggy - what everyone else has said. Paris is a long way off - plenty of time for healing and resting.

Hello MG09. And to any other lurkers, come out, come out! We were all lurkers once...

I went out to indulge my Victoria Pendleton fantasies this morning (no, not those ones DLR). In my mind's eye I look just like her out there on the bike. The reality is, I suspect, somewhat different. Last day of my 'eating all the things' post-marathon week. Weigh-in and back to healthy stuff tomorrow image . Except for the Turkish Delight on Thursday, obviously image .
  • Welcome MG09.

TD - Glad the knee is feeling a bit better, and good luck with the surgeon hopefully nothing to sinister! Now I know why I am not a keen cycler, I canna change a tube!!

DV - I thought you were incredible but I'm  afraid your missus is now got top spot.......Holy Moly performing in a Opera let alone after 4 sleepless nights and being ill!!

I have had an awesome day tramping about in gutter, puddles and sand. Really good fun even in the wet......all my winter on and so cosy while everyone else was shaking with cold!!! Best part of the day was fooling around running about with the kidz playing catch etc, only to realise that we were getting pointed at and spoken about..........yip you got it by my ex. We just carried on, but raced back to BF and never looked back!! Girls actually caught their siblings attention at one point and he fell of his bike......I did feel sorry for him thou!

Home now, dog walked, fire on, happy. Thats the first time I have actually spent a whole day in my BF's company since Paris.......imageimage

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Running Rodent wrote (see)
    . Except for the Turkish Delight on Thursday, obviously image .

DV? Me? Someone else?   Surely not the food?

• Welcome MG09 to this centre of excellence!

Hello All , smashed it out the park at RTTB today, got to put kids to bed then I be back on, fair few gripes about the event.
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I've spent the day on the sofa roaring and bawling about my hangover.  Good job I start running again tomorrow, my liver had got very used to minimal alcohol...image

DV - it might be best for Mrs DV if she can only see out of one eye on Thursday...

Penblwydd Hapus DLR, you firestarter, you....

Hello MG09 - we like new people image

Just downloaded a ghost story to my (shiny new) kindle.  Mr Maj is cooking and answering my imperious Attend Bell (think Mrs Richards in Fawlty Towers here)...I'm well set up for the evening image

Weedy - you went out to eat with some of us and you still came back??!

• Finally got the Air France link to work last night, saved us 12% on our flights, which is better than a poke in the eye
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Radar Sal, surely...?

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Yes, Radar Sal for sure.

• DV - I'd have thought it was a galaxy far far away...

yer_maj wrote (see)
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Radar Sal, surely...?

Nah, I'm not doing that anymore.  Had too many problems with stalkers.

JB - let the gripes flow.  I've heard a little about this event and it's not all been good.

• ATM - Hello indeed - small world and all that. And apologies from me. I knew DLR was there because I recognised his picture, and RR spotted me and him in the Amsterdam thread talking about it.

Yer Maj - what can I say? I'm a man of few friends.

• Weedy - great nickname though!

Eggy - the series I've been watching is 2009. I was going to google him to see of he'd had a heart attack yet... Glad he's stopped the challenges. The programmes are really fun even without them.
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Iain - I agree the challenges where often the weakest part of the show. There's only so many times you can watch a guy eat wings of burning death!

Weedy - I was also at the early bird meal this year.

• Iain - It was either Weedy or Greedy. I blame my dad. I took up rowing and he kindly observed - "you won't be any good at it, you're too weedy"

• Eggy - you too! Hello again. Who else was there?

• Dave - how was the Air France booking experience? I'm thinking of using them for a flight I have to arrange next month and I'm currently in a huff with BA.

Dannirr - be afraid, be very afraid. I'm practising my belly dancing.

Anyone heard from Tartan - has she run off with a Marine? And Emmy?
  • No problem now they have fixed the bug !

And the price quoted is the price you pay, no taxes, or seat booking fee, etc etc
  • So an interesting weekend for me, we had our first house guest in the newly decorated bedroom and it was a guy we didnt even know. Mr Finn, writer of Running with the Kenyans stayed round before running in the Great South Run. Nice chap and it was interesting hearing him talk about the marathon in Kenya, sounds a bit mad in 30+ heat and at altitude!!

First run back after the marathon today and it was tough - painful but good to get out.

I hope you are all running and recovering well image

• Running Rodent wrote (see)

Dannirr - be afraid, be very afraid. I'm practising my belly dancing.

useful..   but can you make your boobs twitch on demand in time with the music?  image   I kid you not...   the belly dancers there can do that...  I've guys who are body builders do that. but never (in my extensive research!!) seen a woman be able to do it..    start practicing..!

Tartan is facebooking..  she did 4:35 and said it was tough and windy...  currently stranded in DC bcause the airport is closed due to the incoming hurricane...  

I doubt very much if I can learn how to do that before Thursday.
  • Chownsie..  how did that happen..?   Do you run a b&b..?  Interesting visitor...

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    I doubt very much if I can learn how to do that before Thursday.

I have no intention of trying to learn to do that befor Thursday....

• I've got his book with me chownsie