Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Just had a very lazy lunch up the street from Les Halles metro station....

Now sprawled in our apartment wondering if we should run / sight see / shop
  • How's the weather Dave?

Eggy - is breakfast served at the Breakfast Run, or does one have to fend for oneself?

Glad the tooth is sorted Jimbob.

Hope all is OK Dannir
  • JimBob - be careful you might get drugs tested...!!

Raining here in SW France.  All packed, checked bag three times already. 

Off to watch the rest of the 2007 paris dvd, then if I stlll have ironing to do, Rocky V

• This week is fair dragging in , can't wait to get over to paris on Saturday ,

How's the weather Dave ? I'm staying near the les Halles metro as well !
  • Grey and overcast, but warm enough to sit outside for lunch
  • DRL - the gel belt hasn't arrived yet but fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Liver eaten at lunch - need the iron.

Packing is near the case but not in-situ yet. 

Dreadful nightmare last night.  Woke my youngest by shouting v.loudly about losing our passports and flight tickets.

Marathon haircut tomorrow morning before heading off to Toulouse airport.  The children and I are meeting MrEE at CdG - then hot footing it to the Expo....very excited now image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Elizabeth Ellis 3 wrote (see)

DRL - the gel belt hasn't arrived yet but fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Liver eaten at lunch - need the iron.

Packing is near the case but not in-situ yet. 

Dreadful nightmare last night.  Woke my youngest by shouting v.loudly about losing our passports and flight tickets.

Marathon haircut tomorrow morning before heading off to Toulouse airport.  The children and I are meeting MrEE at CdG - then hot footing it to the Expo....very excited now image

@Elizabeth - if DLRs doesnt arrive; send me a text and i'll bring my spare to Paris.

• BeddersBedders ✭✭✭

Final run on home soil done and dusted; 10K with 8x100m sprints. Really chuffed with the way my trainings gone this year, havent missed a single scheduled session and (TOUCH WOOD) have been dead lucky with injuries, nothing more than a few niggles. Have managed to push myself mileage wise and clocked up a 'Month Mileage PB' of 401K in February. Just hoping all the graft pays off come Sunday.

We leave tonight to stay at a mates in Manchester before flying first thing in the morning, so it'll be my last outing on here before the big day, so just want to say a big GOOD LUCK to everyone, been great reading folk's stories over the last few months and some of the advice has been invaluable.

Will try and make the meet-up at the Arc on Sunday morning but failing that I'll deffo be in the boozer in the evening. If there's any change of plans can someone text me (my numbers of the list) and keep me informed!

Cheers all. God speed.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    400k??? Blimey I thought I'd done well hitting 300k in March!!
  • Dan - Not good mate, fingers crossed.  As TD says just take it easy on sunday and do what you need to do.

EE - Just done the parcel track 'n' trace.  Allegedly it would be delivered in 2 days but the bank hols would delay it.  Worst case that reads like Wednesday to me but the site says:

Your item, posted on 28/03/13 with reference LY523995009GB has arrived in ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP and is being processed for delivery.

So looks like tomorrow?

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Hi All- just popping in to wish you all the best of luck and may you all come home with stonking new PBs. Im going to watch my daughter in her first marathon in Paris so she's getting very nervous. Im doing VLM in a couple of weeks and need to get a run in whilst Im in Paris.I saw mention of the breakfast run on Saturday. Can you give me details of this or is it an unofficail event? Many thanks.

• Simon - at the end of the breakfast run there's water, coffee, little cakes, biscuits, banana on a load of tables.  You just help yourself.

• 2Old - its a gentle 5k run from the back of the École Militaire that finishes at the marathon finish on Avenue foch.  It's an official event but anyone can turn up.  I think it departs at 9am so aim to get there 15 early.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@DLR - I hate to say it but processing/processed for delivery can be a dozen things and a dozen dates image

• Thanks DLR. might give it a go if I can persuade Mrs Mac to join me.
  • ATM wrote (see)

Swindon Dave..Think about the numbers. Avoid the baggage drop, if you can. Of course there are queques at the end. You'll want to keep moving, not stand in line.Do you really need it? A Metro ticket will get you back to your hotel or to your pal...Wear some old stuff at the Start and chuck it away at the line. Your friend will be able to stand on the pavement right outside your pen if you have to pass him stuff...but the fences are high.You'll have to chuck it over.

Okey doke, thanks for the info. I'll try and travel light.

Last 5 miles done before sunday today. 462 Miles down, 26.2 to go. Come on!!

• EE - I have literally 5 or 6 different gel belts/ arm band things that i can bring with me, if you have the list from atm then you have my phone number, otherwise you can msg me on here.

I get to Paris @2pm on Sat and going straight to Expo then staying bit out but at the Hôtel & Résidence Mercure Paris La Defense Parc so I will bring them anyway as no harm, and just message me and we can sort meeting up and you can have whichever you want that i am not using.

Nicola

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Simon - As DLR noted they have some food and drinks on the table at the finish. It's a nice easy paced 5km jog to help calm the nerves and test out your finish line celebration on Ave Foch!

• Marathon Maus wrote (see)

*No, DLR, I did not wear a uniform supplied by Ann Summers...

I notice that you wrote than in the past tense Mausey, which makes me somewhat hopeful that there is indeed a possibility you will come thus attired to Corcorans. My wife would love to see some photographs of me hugging people in fancy dress outfits.

Not. image

You never know your luck in a big city! image 

• Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Breakfast runners of the world unite.

For those of use doing the breakfast run on the Saturday morning I'd suggest we meet up outside the Metro Station Ecole Militaire at the crossroads between 8:30-8:45am. This worked well enough last year.

Kaz - If you want to meet up to travel down to the start for that one just sent me a text or give me a call.

Sounds perfect to me!

• The Jimbob wrote (see)
    Tooth fixed hopefully. Got to wait for novacane to wear off to see if pain gone. No infection she (dentist) said. Fingers crossed.

Good news JB! I've been hoping you went OK.

• And TD: Yep - As much as I hate having my hideous mug photographed, I'll make an exception in this case.

• Hi all, running on Sunday as well with my Brother. Getting the Eurostar on Saturday morning and then straight to the Expo.

Would someone be able to forward me on Radar Sals supporters guide please, I'm sure my girlfriend would find this really useful, becasue its the first time to Paris for us. Thanks in advance, and good luck to you all!!

• oh yeah, email address: harrisdg @ gmail dot com

Thanksimage

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I feel sick with nerves. 14 hours and I'm on the plane.

JB - i got a pair of them socks. lasted ages.

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I will try to make the photocall. If not I will be most definitely be in Corcorans barring disaster. So you can all have a picture of me then!!!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Nearly there folks. My jealousy continues but I'll not have long to wait after you all return with your medals and PBs. 

BBC weather is still saying 11 degrees and sunny so pretty much perfect. It's bleeding snowing here!

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Onetit - I have to say we drive past a llama farm down in porthmadog. Interesting animals and not what you expect to see in the welsh countryside. Chin up.

Paris he we go.........

• Hi, Stupid question time!!

I've just purchased the SMS pack. I've had an email confirming the payment but noother instructions! Anyone know what is supposed to happen next/where i go to put the phone numbers in?

Cheers