IMUK 2013 Bonkers!

Comments

• Well done everyone.  I was working on the finish line and managed to speak to a few of you.  Awesome results, and top drawer efforts from everyone racing, including those who didn't make cut-offs - you'll be back next time even stronger!

• Was out supporting on the bike course yesterday, great day.

Looking forward to the race reports

• Chris68 wrote (see)

15.21.48 for me and I'm retired image

Great time, but give it a couple of days and you will be thinking about another

• Well done everyone, superb performances all round. Loved cheering you all on. I have no voice today at all.

• No race reports yet? Shocking

• Flyaway almost killed me. Awesome performance image
    What a sandbaggerimage 

Funkin acheives immoprtality with a sub10, and on this tough course!!!!!!

• 12:14:53     388 O/A   and    4th in age group so no award this year. I was 10 min off 3rd he was approx half hour faster in the bike and 10 in the swim. I was half hour faster on the run and faster in transition. Repeats to self I must do more bike, I must do more bike!

Taking it as my new PB because although I did 12:04 in 2011 the run was 2 mile short.

• I guess I should also concede my minimal expense philosophy, stop borrowing my mates bike and save up for something more specific of my own.

• 13:15 for me. great day (hard day), enjoyed the rain for about 1/2hr. 

Gonna take a year off to work on the bike and back strong for 2015 I reckon.

Well done to all who finished, especially those off to Big Island in Octoberimage

• Well done everyoneimage

Excellent results Funkin and Joddly, great seeing you taking your awards with your kona garlands.

It was a great day to race for the athletes, not so for the spectators, impressed with the thousands of supporters that braved the rain on the run route to make everyone's race special.

They announced at the award ceremony the bike course will be 2 not 3 loops next year.

• Woody, how many slots did your age group get? Kona again?

• Bad day for me yesterday.  5 mechanicals (including 2 up SHL) and a lingering chesty cough meant it wasn't right for me yesterday and I ended up averaging 13mph instead of the expected 16mph.  This also meant that with the others pushing the bike cutoff I did the last 2 hours in torrential rain.

I stopped the last time in Rivington to tell my family I probably wasn't going on past T2 due to the cold and my legs kept locking up through cold and cramp.

There were loads of people coming in after the bike cutoff after me yesterday - a tough day out there. 

That conversation probably decided that anyway as I arrived at T2 30 secs past cut off.

Still if you're not 100%,  this event will find you out.  Onwards and upwards, and Lanza is next.

We're leaving Bolton now on the back of an AA truck as the car blew up on Friday to add to the pre-race stress.  I can't help thinking I'm leaving unfinished business here, especially after hearing about a possible course change - that 3rd time up SHL broke me image

• Would be good to see you back mate.

• SA only one slot and 2 nd guy took it image

Gutted for you Tim such bad luck. Certainlly hope you make it back and good luck at Lanza.

• managed a 14.39 and am well chuffed, bike last 10 miles on the bike were longest 10 ive ever done.  What amazing crowds though, really emotional stuff, bottom of sheep house will be one of the stand out memories.

even the run, people came out and cheered on in those awful downpours, they were all so friendly and knew what they were cheering about, even the few slightly sozzled ones!

i will post a better report to come.  Massive well done to everyone, sorry to hear about the bike stuff Tim, nightmare and I really felt for anyone with punctures and stuff.  Come back strong mate.

Still digesting so many memories whilst not being able to walk properly! repsoon

• 13hrs 50mins for me

The most amazing day of my life, just got in, not even checked ,my splits, but most of the club seem to know them!!. 

Just got home after a long long drive home so its unpack, and then repack for holiday on Wednesday and also look online on how to walk again. Still wearing my finishers tee shirt and medal.

• Congratulations Iron men! Sorry to hear it didn't work out for a couple of people, I know exactly how that feels. 

I will write a report in the next couple of days but I had a dream race. 10:57:07, 2nd in my AG, 6th female overall and I'm off to KONA BABY! 

Just now though, stairs are quite tricky, innit.

• Congrats Flyaway!! Enjoy it!! image

• Well done Flyaway - result image

• Flyaway brilliant resultimage

Tim sounds like it just wasn't your weekend with the bike and car mechanicals. Unfinished business indeed and as someone more experienced than me has said the journey in terms of all the hard work training is an accomplishment in itself

• Roll down today was brilliant, 2 Pirate AG wins, a second place AG, 3 Kona slots and a non-Pirate friend of Funkin's managed to get a slot on roll down for Kona too...it's all just so very exciting!

I can't decide though whether I am most proud of the sub-10, the AG win or the Kona slot. What a choice to have to make image

Sorry to all who didn't have the race they wished, you live to fight another day.

• Well done to all the pirates who race yesterday and especially to the Kona bound peeps, I will so look forward to the Kona coverage and the IMtalk interviewsimage

• hellooooooo people......blimey...what a day

first off well done to all who finished....awesome as usual

woody...you are not human!!!

TimmyG.....good effort fella...next time its yours

Been a really bad year for me...injured and new job...but this weekend got my blood flowing again and i'm coming back for another go in 2014....rumour has it that its a new 2 lap route that takes in parbold hill (which is not that bad)

see ya next year!!!

• I used to be DimTimTris.  But after the amazing Ironman UK, I've changed my name to one Holgs suggested a while back, cos I'm a writer and now ... I'm an Ironman! image  Finished in 14:12, absolutely delighted.  Aching but happy.  TylerTonka, good to meet you on the bike.  

Well done everyone.  What a day.

• Looks like it may be a Lanza/Bolton double for me next year image Looking forward to finding out what the new course is like.

Yesterday was a second feat of endurance - phoned the AA at 10am and eventually got home at 9:45pm 2 AA vans and 2 Breakdown trucks later.  Definitely wasn't my weekend.

Well done to all those new Ironmen and Kona Qualifiers. 

Great Pirate support out on the course too - especially those in the layby on the back end of the course - I made sure I Arrrghh'd every lap image

• Well done to all those who completed IMUK on Sunday! I was amazed by the pirate support and would like to say a huge thank you to you all for cheering me on. I am a relatively quiet pirate thread wise but cannot believe the level of support that was given to me. I have started a thank you thread but wanted to add it in here! Thanks again guys - I look forward to getting more involved with the pirates from here on, what a family!! 

• OK, quick hello from me to say thanks to all who supported both in person and online on Sunday.  I had quite a good day if I may say so myself and am currently thinking about getting started on a race report.  It will of course be huge like my other ones so give it a few days please image

On Sunday being a Pirate was fantastic but also like being a bright yellow target for the people chasing me down.  Pirates never give up so neither did I and the end result delivered.

• I think it was delivered, First Class, Recorded and Signed for  image

Kona Baby   imageimageimageimage

• Just wanted to pop on and say thanks for all the pre race advice and thanks to anyone who supported the event.  If you did support can I just say that you were the total stars of the show.  The support was amazing and Bolton and everyone there should be massively proud. So glad the race is staying put.

First IM in 14.19.  I expected 15 so am happy with that.  Sorry to anyone who had issues and race didn't go to plan.  I am lucky I know not to have had any mechanicals or been ill.

I had promised not to do another IM until 2015, but love Parbold Hill.  We'll see.

Well done everyone whether day went to plan or not and if you supported or volunteered or raced.

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Wondered if these lazy arsed pirates had done any race reports yet....