Beginners Guide to the Surrey Hills Ride date - Saturday 6th October

Only date I can fit in for a while. And I think it was the one Barlos & Schmunks asked for. Sooo

Roll up, meet Newlands Corner, Drove Road, near Guildford 9am for a 9.30 kick off (faffage time). Loads of free parking, plus coffee shop, burger bar for afters plus orsum chips. 

About 25 miles - ish, takes in some of the Tour of GB and Olympic course, over to Box Hill (never be afraid of Box Hill again) and with a bit of luck, someone who can remember the back way (Olypic route) down again (Trogs? Henny?) to celebrate Olympic year.

Tea and cake stop at top of Box Hill.

Lumps will include Combe, Crocknorth, Ranmore, Box Hill just about counts and I quite fancy Staples Lane as well, which we/I have never done. Which means I get to try and stay on at Dustboy Corner. So far, it's about evens crashes and staying upright I think.

Everyone welcome, no-one gets left behind, Ideally suited for those wanting to have a go and not worry about impatient speedy club riders getting agitated. If you have to walk, we wait for you, simple. 

Then back to Newlands for unathletic grub and tea. 

Always an excellent day out, can always extend the ride as well, if we are feeling fruity or we can persuade Smiffy to come out to play.

List Fairy assistance please?

Dustboy

Comments