half outlaw

Comments

• Mrs SA wrote (see)

Yep, thinking about coming over to support image

Chris68 wrote (see)

Sorry to disappoint, can't get a mankini in time image, but that will save all the spectators and competitors throwing up!

I think I have a clothing plan worked out, either a big towel or change in the toilets. no nudity wil be upheld as I'm sure no one wants to see a large fat bloke struggling into a Mankiniimage

Dude your mankini is the only reason half of us are coming!image

• Racing

7755Matt
    ACoops
    AliBear30
    Chris68
    EricIsBananaMan
    LJB1
    mathschick
    saffers
    Southern Snail
    steadyCJ
    TimmyG (bike of a relay)
    TheEngineer (bike and run of a "relay")

Camping
    7755Matt
    ACoops
    MrsMatt
    SteadyCJ
    Chris68 (albeit it in a caravan)
    TimmyG

Supporting

MrsMatt
    SuckitupButtercup
    SA
    Mrs SA
    Jordy
    Cake 

• Racing

7755Matt
    ACoops
    AliBear30
    Chris68
    EricIsBananaMan
    LJB1
    mathschick
    saffers
    Southern Snail
    steadyCJ
    TimmyG (bike of a relay)
    Steve ho

Camping
    7755Matt
    ACoops
    MrsMatt
    SteadyCJ
    TimmyG

Supporting

MrsMatt
    SuckitupButtercup
    SA
    Mrs SA
    Jordy
    Cake 

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Looks like we have the A team for supporters to cheer us on.

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭
    Steve Ho 122 wrote (see)

Racing

7755Matt
    ACoops
    AliBear30
    Chris68
    EricIsBananaMan
    LJB1
    mathschick
    saffers
    Southern Snail
    steadyCJ
    TimmyG (bike of a relay)
    Steve ho

Camping
    7755Matt
    ACoops
    MrsMatt
    SteadyCJ
    TimmyG

Alibear30

Supporting

MrsMatt
    SuckitupButtercup
    SA
    Mrs SA
    Jordy
    Cake 

• 7755matt wrote (see)

What goggles are they Saffers?

They are Blueseventy Hydra Vision......only ones I seem to have no problems with.  Hubby must have felt bad as he rang to say he has spoken to the company and another pair should be here tomorrow.  LOL 

• Help

I am I ok wearing knickers and sports bra in transition or does this go against the rules

• Will your knickers not come down with your wetsuit?

• I take it that will contravene the distance from the top to the bottoms?

Its an odd rule that

• Went WO swimming tongith and it was cold image

Im thinking a small flask of hot coffee or something in T1. I can't cope with being and wet and cold since I had hypothermia when I was younger

Might see if theres a pub with a fire I can stop off at on teh bike route for a nice warm up

• I'm definitely planning on knickers not coming down but does it contravene any rules if they stay in place? Won't be nakedimage but if I wear tri shorts the gap will be no different. Don't want to wear a top under wetsuit. Need something to be dry

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I am going to wear my tri shorts and sports bra.
    The question really is do you want to attempt to try to pull dry shorts over wet knickers.

• Google "wet knickers" and see if any references come up...

Matt - I like your thinking!! There's a nice pub at Lowdham Roundabout about halfway through the bike - I'll see you there for a mixed grill image

• Soooo, taking the road bike with clip ons as I just can't get my TT bike fit right - blurred vision after a few minutes on teh bars image

I can spend long times on the clip on bars (which is a bit odd)

The question is, pointy hat or normal road hat? Is there a noticeable advantage / difference? Or will I just get massive ribbings?

• Pointy hat and a big white cloak, what could go wrong, mixed grill sounds good

http://kkk.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Ku-Klux-Klan.jpg

• Doesn't the cloak negate the aero effects of the pointy hat?

Do they do it black and yellow?

• I'm pointy-hatting it. Mainly because I don't have to swim so putting it on is no extra faff, and I'm probably going all out on the bike so might as well get every edge I can. image

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I thought I'd get in now so that people travelling early won't miss it. 

Good luck everyone. Smash it. X

• Pointy hat for me.  Not for any speed advantage, but I can tape my spare tube up in the back... image

• I just want comfort really and cant wear cycle shorts under wettie. Think I'll just take everything with meimage

• I had cycle shorts in T1 for the first half I did, slipped them on over tri shorts and then took them off in T2. Worked reasonably well.

Did the DIY half in just tri shorts so thats what I'm planning for Sunday, although the extra layer might be good for warmth

Has everyone seen the youtube clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jIil7PJy5N8

• Thanks Matt - just watched the video. Am a very nervous swimmer. Not sure about the warm up. I'm already worried about being too cold having not been in the water for that long yet. Gilet a good idea but don't have one. Might have to go shopping todayimage

Edited to say

Outlaw themselves told me water temp on Tuesday was 13 degrees so maybe it won't quite get to 15/16image

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

I can confirm that it is a beautiful warm day here in Nottinghamimage not a cloud in sight, this will warm the water. Forecast tomorrow is same and Sunday good too. 

I haven't got a gillet, am planning to wear my pirate cycle jersey which is short sleeved so am wondering about buying arm warmers when I am at the expo on Saturday. 

SS - I am not a nervous swimmer, but don't really want to get knocked about either so am thinking about the 'entering from the edge' option rather than being in the pen. I don't think it will make much difference in terms of time but will make the swim less stressful. We can do a little warm up together - I think basically getting into the water, getting some water into the wetsuit and dunking head a couple of times. Getting water into the wetsuit means you get a layer of warm water that helps keep you warm.

I am going to go for the double swim hat option but not the neoprene one - I don't have one and it will just mean extra faffing in T1 to get it off. 

SS - what time are you likely to get there on Saturday? I am planning on being there for the 1pm briefing, hopefully steady will be there too. If you want, PM me, we can swap numbers and meet up. I won't be hanging around all afternoon as I might have OH and kids with me...

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

SS - I've answered your kit question in the rules thread but to repeat what I said there:

only outright nudity in transition is frowned up.  as long as your top and bottom are covered when you strip the wetsuit off, and you do not remove these items in transition; or if you do, you use a towel or similar to cover yourself as you change;  then you are good to go.    it's only when someone is completely naked and aren't covering themselves that us officials get arsey about it.

• I'm glad its clear and Sunny in Nottingham - it's grey and overcast in hertfordshire!!

SS - just set up a clothes rail in transition and make your selection when you get there image

In all seriousness, try not to overthink things, once you've got through Sunday, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Double swim hat (yours and the race hat) should be warm enough on sunday and just wait and get easily into the water.  It's a long day and waiting a few seconds for the rush to be over to get in and swim is good advice.

• FB - Thanks for that

Timmy - I think that sounds like a very good idea because it als means I'll be able to spot my bike a mile off

Mathschick - was hoping to make the 1pm briefing too if I leave home early enough .

• Mathschick - you have mail

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

SS - so do youimage