Manchester Marathon 2013

Comments

• Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭

Hoping to be in bed for 10 but still at the restaraunt image

• Just popping in to say hi, and good luck for tomorrow.

• ValleyValley ✭✭✭

Good luck everybody

• Good luck everybody!!!! X x 

• Best of luck + enjoyimage

• cybarevcybarev ✭✭✭

All the best everyone. Look forward to hearing your stories next week.

• Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭

Good luck all, off to sleep after this cup of tea

• best of luck guys, it's been a pleasure xx

• Morning to all of you up and about getting breakfast inside you.

Good luck and enjoy your runs.

Hope you all achieve yoy aspirations! image

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Good luck all. Hopefully I will be there at miles 5, 9, 16.5 and 24. Will have jelly babies. Dig deep, focus and don't be sh!t. 

• fidsfids ✭✭✭

Ate 2 pieces of toast a banana and half a cup of tea.  Old trafford only 20-30 mins from my house, gonna walk there and loosen up on the way.

Thanks for all the support from you guys.

See ya on the start line.

• Got in at 2.58.10. Great support, organisation and masseur. Much better weather than last year had. Thanks also to the 3hr pacer who provided much welcome shelter for 20 miles. About to tuck into some well earned Thai now

• Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭

I think I might have sneaked in just under 3:45 but not wanting to publish until I can confirm the results. How do I do this?

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

You can find results here:

http://www.stuweb.co.uk/race/sT/2.html

Well done you lot. I was watching at mile 5, then mile 9/16.5, then later at about 26.

Enjoy the rest of your day...eat well...

• Well done to all the racers today, got to say the organisation was spot on, only minor gripe why was there so many mile markers missing.

perfect weather and a flat course 2.55 for me a minute and a half quicker than boston 2 weeks ago.so got to be pleased with that, feet up and a good rest before York in October 

• Ran 3:30:43. Was aiming for sub 3:30 but struggled a little at 22 miles or so. Great day all round - awesome support and weather. Organisation on the whole a huge step up from last year. My minor gripe pertains to the placement of some of the fueling stations in the narrower sections in the first half. The one in Sale near the canal was pretty chaotic. Also saw a number of runners take a tumble over the larger traffic cones that seemed to suddenly appear in the middle of the running channels down Chester/Cross/Washway Road and Brooklands I think. Pretty congested in places at least for 3:30 pacing, but I guess that is not a major issue.

Another 26.2 in 4 weeks for me - hopefully I can finally blast the 3:30 barrier, though it is a hillier course.

• Agreed last year was a fiasco this time very good organisation, you will never get a scenic route in Manchester but it was OK more slopes than last year but still no hills of concern 

• Well done folks!  I missed the start by about 5 minutes due to last minute toilet trips...however, I didn't hear any gun or countdown?  There were just no runners when I next looked, lol!

not enough loo's on the course and not enough mile markers would be my only other thing, though I didn't mind the lack of mile markers as in a strange way I prefer not to know every single mile!

I got 4.49 in the end...was well chuffed considering, but it was hard, my legs were done in by half way, just not that fit at the minute.

I really enjoyed it, would do it again...#

Only other gripe was the lack of trams...not enough on by half.  My partner had to watch 7 trams go pat at Brooklands road before he could get on one with room.  He is on crutches too and people were pushing and shoving.  he got talking to a 6 month pregnant woman who had been waiting for an hour and a half to get on one and no room, and was getting elbowed and pushed.  Not good.  Peoples manners go out of the window sometimes, but there should have been more trams on.

The weather was perfect!

Time for food now!

• 4:30 taking 28 mins off my pb, struggled around carrington - amazing crowds today and really well organised!

• Congrats to everyone who completed. Pleased the weather was kind this year, i guess that was karma for last. image

16mins PB for me as i came in at 3:21.

Pretty flwaless run for me considering i nearly didn't make the run due to sickness and diarrhea last weekend.

Sat with feet up now feeling very smug.

• ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭

Hey, well done everyone. I managed 3.39 which is a 20 min PB even with a wee stop.

I enjoyed the chages to the course and the crowds in places were amazing....especially in the last half mile when I was in a world of pain. 

Poor you RD, that must have been scary finding everyone gone....

• Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭

I was following the 3:45 pacer until he decided to go for a wee in the bushes at mile 4. Then I just kept pushing, first 10 miles were easy I didn't get too greedy and kept avg 8:30 (to buy some contingency at the end). All of the other runners targeting 3:45 kept asking where the pacer was he was no where to be seen until mile 23 when I heard someone acknowledge him. He took over me at mile 24 and I kept up with him for half a mile but struggling to maintain not because of fitness more just really tired legs. I kept going though and at the 26 point it was downhill fast to the finish line and I am puzzled as the clock still had 3:45 (can't remember seconds) and as I crossed my Garmin 610 was showing 8:36 avg 3:44:19 but only 26:06 miles so I either did well on the corners, the satellites lost 0.14 or I started the timer too late????? I did notice at mile 12 my GPS was saying 11.9. Last year in London my garmin 305 was showing 3:44 and I'd run 26.4 but it stopped tracking through the tunnels and I ended up with 3:47:51. I have to be confident I've got a PB but is it a sub 3:45 lol. What a difference a few seconds makes image)))))

• ValleyValley ✭✭✭

3:27:31 for me. Chuffed to bits with that.

Weather perfect and crowd superb in places.  Sadly I didn't enjoy the run to the finish as every step hurt so much.

My gripe is with parking.  I'd pure booked at Old Trafford but there was no obvious way to reach the car park.  Marshall's just kept sending me different ways due to road closures.  Got within 1/2 mile of the ground for 8 but ended up paying again to use a public car park and only just made the start of the race.

• Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭

A bit of congestion near the start and through the water station, apart from that and some misplaced cones organisation was perfect.  Medal looks great band they shouted my full name as I crossed the line, downhill to the finish line is a great idea

• Well done everyone. Seems like I have no excuses for not doing it next year. Unless I get into London..... so....... seems like I have no excuses for not doing it next year.

• Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭

Just found my result from the link above, chip time was 3:44:15, a new PB and sub 3:45 at that. Well impressed, all those winter months up to 19 miles in the snow worth it.

• ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭

I decided against the 3.45 pacer after he said he'd never run a marathon before!!!!!  I'm glad I did my own thing and even managed to fit in a wee stopimage 

• I had 6 wee stoops and clocked 3.27. My bladder is really weak.

• Geez..... I thought my 2 pee stops were a lot. Probably lost a PB due to them...

• Dave928Dave928 ✭✭✭

My first marathon and I loved it. Felt so good at the end wish I'd gone out a little faster! I thought the organisation was superb and the crowds just marvellous. I nearly missed the start due to queues for the toilets, that would be my only gripe but my own fault really for leaving it too late.