MBNA Chester Marathon 2013

Comments

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

I had a morning off this morning as my legs were still a bit sore. loosened up nicely tonight though for a good session! I was lucky to have company for a tempo session on the track- I find tempo runs the hardest to run solo! The plan was to run 30 mins at around half mara pace, followed by 10x 400 at 10k pace with 200 recoveries between. Very happy with the run in the extremely windy conditions as I managed a total of 8.81m in 53.27 (6.04 av) A good place to be in the middle of a series of 90m+ weeksimage A real confidence booster! 

• Did my long run today, 14 miles. I felt quite tired this morning but started to feel ok after about an hour and finished the run a bit quicker which I was pleased with.

Now I'm finished one of my quads are really sore, I hope I haven't injured myself by running on tired legs. 

Just heading to the Lake District now for a weekend camping in a teepee image

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭

Sounds like everybody's training is going well. 

Did my long run too today, shorter one for the month, 13 miles, set off at target MP but ended up 10 secs/mile quicker, felt strong until the hill a mile from home. Back to longer and slower next week, look for 17-18.

• Ice QueenIce Queen ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

I'm doing Chester as my first marathon... quite excited actually.  I'm just doing it as a personal challenge so no real time target other than not to get picked up by the sweeper van, haha (I think it's a six hour cutoff isn't it?).  I've just started a sixteen week training plan (a week early so I can do something different the week of my local 10k in September).  Looking forward to it...

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Hello Ice Queen, and welcome. What plan you following?

I ran 17mi this morning with 8@MP....pretty hard it was, and really quite wet.

• Hi all, starting off my 16 week plan from Monday so last shorter long run tomorrow morning. Not done Chester before but hear great things so looking forward to it.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Ice Queen and doc Pete- Hi and welcome aboardimage

• JD just watching the re,run of snowdonia 2012,there you was again second time this week lolimage born to run ,now snowdonia=filmstar.

• Sorry. Not read back but is this full?

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Don't think soimage

• Ice QueenIce Queen ✭✭✭

Thank you image I am following the Furman First three times a week plan

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/the-first-three-day-a-week-marathon-schedule/2493.html

So far so good (just dragged the other half out on the week 2 speed session) but the real challenge for me will be week five onwards when the long run moves beyond half marathon distance...

• Hi 'Chesterati'! How did everyone long run go today? I am chuffed, chuffed and chuffed as I ran...

42.22km in 4 hours 35 minutes 19 seconds

I cannot stop smiling

imageimageimage

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Griff- lol! I got a good bit of tv coverage in Snowdonia in 2011 and 12. Trick is to run with the lead womenimage

trilla well done...I assume that was a race, not a training runimage

18 hilly miles nice and steady today in 2.13. Recovery run laterimage

• No jason, that WAS just a training run... no race officials, no isotonic drinks and no medals, just me, my garmin, the road and bit of water anmd my determination image

You have a great steady pace jason!

Interesting programme, IceQueen, I also run only 3/4 times a week.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Trilla- Wow, well done, but running that far as a training run will break your body down rather than stimulate improvement IMHO. The furthest I will run before the race will be 24m (38km) and that will be much closer to the raceimage

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Impressive stuff Trilla! I managed 6 miles followed by a massive south indian breakfast buffet!

• Lol 15 West! I am well jell about your South Indian buffet though. I ate one sheep and a half today though image

Hey Jason, thank you for your concern (really, not like some fake thingy 'thank you for your concern=shuddap')  - I am loosely following Galloway who advocates a lot of slow miles, and my 42km were really slow, an average of 6.31/km. That's a fast walk! image

• Lisa123Lisa123 ✭✭✭

Hello to Ice Queen, Doc Pete  and Trilla image

Trilla that is some serious mileage - crikey!

Jason D nice running as always!

13 miles for me today with 8 of those at race pace, felt good although am pretty tired now - not solely due to my run but also my psycho dog who thinks it is perfectly reasonable to get me up at 5am on a Sunday image

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Trilla- fair enoughimageimage Good luck with it!

15West- good eating!image

Lisa- nice mp sessionimage I have a 6 year old son who does the same job as your dog with the early mornings!

4.2m recovery run done to round off the first 3 figure week of this campaign for meimage

• Ice QueenIce Queen ✭✭✭

Really impressive running from everyone this weekend, I am in awe of those distances.

Three times a week is realistic for me as I can do both weekend days and one weekday evenIng.  I do more than the plan says on cross training though, mainly karate which I don't want to have to cut back on especially as I help out in some sessions. I've done all my half maras on two runs a week so I still feel like I'm making a special effort for the marathon!

• Hi all just back from a week visiting my daughter in ireland got a few runs in (although not the best plan on gUiness hangovers!!!) Did 6 miles yesterday morning, the furthest since the injury, without any reaction so things looking good to continue with the ramp up this week.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Hello fellow Chesterers. 3rd week of P&D plan for me....today was 10mi with 5xLT miles. Was a tough sweaty workout, but ate a few flies on the way which helped.

Nelly - don't ramp up too quickly otherwise injury beckons again...try to increase mileage by about 10% a week.

• 15West, I know physio said the same so need to take it easy,

Trouble is 26 miles seems a long way off at only 10% increase a week, but must stick with it, as the saying goes the hardest thing about a race is not finnishing but getting to the start injury free (definately true in my case)

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

15West- Chesterers or Chesterians?image Well done on the tempo run and the extra nutritionimage

NellyP- wise words from the physio and 15Wimage and yourselfimage

IQ- 3 times a week will do the jobimage

5.6 ish m recovery run for me this morning at the crack of dawn and a real confidence boosting run tonightimage. 1 hour solo MP run on the track- I always find it hard to maintain this as a solo run, so pleased to report that I ran 9.59m in the hour (6.15 av) and it felt comfortable (especially after the first 4m)  considering it was on the back of a 3 figure week and the day after a LRimage . Early days, but encouraging enough.... image

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

5.7m recovery run here this morning which was quite pleasant and 1.30 steady this evening- which was humid and sweaty and insect-filledimageimage The 1.30.00 turned out to be 12.31m tonight (7.19 av)image Intervals tomorrow before recovery day on Thursdayimage

• Lisa123Lisa123 ✭✭✭

10 miles last night, felt knackered before I went out with headache from a difficult day at work - so the toughest part was getting out of the door! However glad I did..in the end. 4 mile recovery planned for later after work, supposed to be a warm one so glad its nice and short.

Nelly good news on the injury front - just take it nice and slowly, don't be worrying about the small details of 26.2 miles just yetimage

As always nice running everyone.

• jason d wrote (see)

15West- Chesterers or Chesterians?

Cestrian

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Dave- thanks for the clarificationimage

Lisa- well done on getting out there!image

4.xx m recovery for me this morning and then ran a pyramid session tonight- 200/400/600/800/600/400/200 off 200 recoveries. Speed was supposed to be between 5k and 1m pace and with them all coming in at between 5.28 and 5.00 pace, job doneimage - last 200 was the fastest rep too imageimage  Recovery day tomorrowimage.

• GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭

Relays at Shugborough for me tonight, 20 secs off where I was pre injury, felt good and it's a great event.