"Running till you vomit...."

I just came across this article.....

http://voices.yahoo.com/running-till-vomit-challenge-yourself-as-3984056.html?cat=14

...and not that for one moment I would consider making vomitting my target for any run, but I wondered, is this really something that real people use for training?

Do people really say, "oh woo it's Sunday, time to run until I puke"??

Comments

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

He sounds like an absolute cock.  Or is it supposed to be a joke??!

• I know!! I think she is being serious!!!image

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Blimey it's a woman!  Me and my prejudiced assumptions!  image  Reading stuff like...

"For example, you can run a speed challenge circuit that includes a 7 minute mile, a 6 minute mile, a 5 minute mile and a 4 minute mile with a 5 minute rest in between sets. In these challenges running 'til you vomit is the goal."  image

...notwithstanding, you'd be the fastest runner in the world if you could actually complete such a session, vomit or not, I just imagined some testosterone-fuelled meat-head fantasist who would use the 5 minute rest period to check out his incredible guns in the mirror.

No, she's either a bit mental or a bit simple.

• Oh god, there was so much waffle in that, that I didn't actually read that bit properly! That is hilarious!

Let's hope that nobody is stupid enough to have read that article and actually train until they puke. I cannot think of anything worse and any quicker way to put anyone off running.

• I dont think she's doing it herself - i've not read it like that. Maybe she has a weird runner neighbour who told her all of this. 

Anyway the running half a mile with someone on your back sounds brilliant. I'm pretty certain thats Mo Farah's secret out.

• Great find Imk87 image

She's clearly a wealth of great knowledge being the author of 1935 "articles" including;

Staying Safe with a Sex Offender Living Next Door
    Get the most of your hose reel
    How to Run Naked
    Childhood Alien Abduction Stories - Why Parents Need to Listen
    How to Feel Sexy After Having a Baby
    5 Dangerous Things to Avoid Doing in the Bathroom

Oh if you're interested in how to run naked the link is;

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-run-naked-3983900.html?cat=14

• I think someone needs to take away her typewriter.

• LOL Chimpster I am creased here. That's brilliant.

"To protect your feet during your nude running you will need to either find a soft place to run, such as on grass or sand, or you will need to wrap your feet in medical tape to provide a barrier between sharp objects and your feet."

Yes oh wise one....medical tape will certainly protect your naked tootsies when stepping on broken glass during your birthday suit run. Of course it will.

• "Get the most of your hose reel"

hi-lar-i-ous

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    lmk87 wrote (see)

LOL Chimpster I am creased here. That's brilliant.

"To protect your feet during your nude running you will need to either find a soft place to run, such as on grass or sand, or you will need to wrap your feet in medical tape to provide a barrier between sharp objects and your feet."

Yes oh wise one....medical tape will certainly protect your naked tootsies when stepping on broken glass during your birthday suit run. Of course it will.

I'm struggling with this.  If you had medical tape wrapped round your feet, wouldn't you technically be less naked than if you were ''wearing'', say, flip-flops, where at least the tops of your feet would still be bare?? I don't think she's thought this through.

• What dangerous things can you do in a bathroom ????

I take it abseilling and open heart surgery are a no no

• M...eldy - have you never heard about the dangers of WC abseiling??? I thought it was well documented the amount of lives that are lost to such activites each year.image

Phil lol she really hasn't has she. image

I am just still relieved that I know how to deal with that bloody peadophile next door now after learning that ingenious hose pipe trick.

•  

lmk87 wrote (see)

I just came across this article.....

http://voices.yahoo.com/running-till-vomit-challenge-yourself-as-3984056.html?cat=14

...and not that for one moment I would consider making vomitting my target for any run, but I wondered, is this really something that real people use for training?

Do people really say, "oh woo it's Sunday, time to run until I puke"??

"Vom" sessions as they were so delicately called at uni were usually the preserve of 400m runners. I don't think the session she suggests would have the desired effect. The point is supposed to be to push the lactate threshold or something. It only happens when you're literally up to your eyeballs in acid from what I can establish. So yes, these sessions do exist, but I don't think the author knows much if anything about them.

• dancing in spikes wrote (see)

"Vom" sessions as they were so delicately called at uni were usually the preserve of 400m runners.

Plenty of 'Vom' sessions at Uni but can't remember any that involved 400m runners!image [hmmm - that last sentence could probably stop at 'any'.]

• M...eldy wrote (see)

What dangerous things can you do in a bathroom ????

I take it abseilling and open heart surgery are a no no

Oh no image I had a look they're nearly that bad, but not quite;

(1) Don't Overload the Outlets- fire risk, risk of electrocution

(2) Don't Run- Don't do you 'vom' sessions in the bathroom, whilst it's easy to clean up afterwards, you risk slipping on the bath mat.

(3) Don't Overcrowd Your Bathroom- somebody might panic, cause a stampede leading to people to get crushed

(4) Don't Cook - "the bathroom has a unique ecosystem of bacteria" which shouldn't be disturbed by bringing in your favourite stilton or the WWF might come knocking at your door

(5) Don't Shake Hands - Over familiarity in the bathroom is a one way ticket to hell

• WiBWiB ✭✭✭

What a tool. Almost too stupid to laugh at. Not quite though.

To what level do you have to overcrowd your bathroom for a stampede to be able to occur? Which would then clearly be ignoring handy hint number 2.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    1. We don't have any sockets in our bathrooms in Britain (except shaving sockets).
    2. There isn't room to run in my bathroom!
    3. Two people make my bathroom over-crowded, but can two people form a stampede?
    4. I don't have any cooking appliances in the bathroom (see item 1)
    5. The British are really not so formal as to want to shake hands in the bathroom (although we might share the shower) image
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

The writer is probably the type of person who advises newbies to sprint flat out up a hill to find out their maximum heart rate

• Not sure a 5 min rest is quite long enough to do the 4 min mile speed challenge....surely 6 mins is enough image

• not in the slightest...

• LOL laughing my ass off reading all of your replies image

• I particularly like the 'if you're training for a marathon run 5 or 10 miles over distance'. Ah yes, the well-known 36 mile LSR marathon training plan. image .
  • I think we have established that this lady writer is largely full of shit image