Copenhagen Marathon

Comments

• well done LY great time .
    i'll try a link to show you all my sad photo's from Luton.

Click here

• Flirt? I was supposed to flirt? Why didn't you tell me BEFORE I went . . DOH!!!

LY . . CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!! AND CELEBRATIONS !!!!!!

I presume you've told the good Lord L that you couldn't have managed it without spending all that time on the Forum?

How do you feel now? Just seen your race report . . sounds like a tough one . . so what are you going to do on the flat? Blimey . . I'd better do some speedwuk !!!!

OB . . you moving into songwriting or sticking to the day job LOL . . . actually I'm only jealous I didn't think of it!! How was the run?

Seaweed . . one minute you're getting busy and seven minutes later you've come up with a schedule!! Hmmmmmmmmm . . I quite like that kind of busy!!

I'll leave you to suggest stuff like that, it's so long since I followed on orthodox schedule, as you would realise if I'd e-mailed you as promised! My domestic routine is such that I can only commit to a long run or a race every fortnight . . so I'll be doing my own thing as usual . .

Jolly Holly Frolic was crisp and FUN . . . good to meet Forumites old and new . . including our very own Angelis!!! See you at Reading A, if not before, and of course at CPH!!!

CR . . oops, thought I had checked the spelling!! What have I missed?

And finally (for now) . . have to say that flirting dangerously is so much more fun!!! Flirting safely . . well that's just normal conversation isn't it!!??

Got lots of pics to play with from today . . see you later . .
  • I like the fancy dress seaweed!

In answer to your ealier question, I did 10 miles this morning and every step of the way was hard as I've had a very social weekend!

Now, to the real business. Very well done LY. A result like that gives you a lot of confidence the next time you think things aren't going right in the preparation.

I'm sure you're still on a high and so you should be, a very well deserved one. I've nowhere to go after sub2, apart from a few minutes here and there but you're still new to running and a mere youth so 1:45 could be yours eventually. There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't get 4:30 in CPH and with room for improvement in future marathons.

Congrats mucker!
  • Rich, I think 'll stick with the day job thanks!

"Flirting dangerously"! Danger of what exactly?

• Well I dunno mate . . I'm still figuring out exactly what flirting safely is . . came up with a definition above . . but whatever it is it sounds pretty dull so I guessed that the opposite might be more fun . . ?

Forgot before . . suggested CPH to George as he was on his way out the door . . it was clear somebody had already mentioned it and he's tempted!!
  • oh good, I'll work on him!

I think for you and me flirting safely is normal conversation. How sad are we?

.. and before I forget, how dare I presume to offer to pace LY at Reading? She's only 11 seconds behind me!!!

• You're right . . one sad captain and one sad commodore . .

. . to be serious (I know it doesn't suit me but it won't take long!) maybe you and LY could run together and drag one another round to mutual PB's?

Just a thought?
  • Rich any time after xmas send us an e-mail and w'll meet up.
    Do you all see now why Nicole calls me Kentucky fried chicken legs
    O.B. Fancy dress ....cheek of it .it was cold last sun. Well done on the run ,Sounds a great idea for you and LY to race Reading together. Ta Seaweed
  • Godaften allesammen!
    (Good Evening everyone)

Tillykke til Lady Yulecan...
    (Congratulations to Lady Yulecan)

Godt gået!
    (Well done!)

• Chicken Legs, Cool pics!

Thanks for "schedule".
    So how long is first "long run"
    4th of Jan 2004?

I'll be starting from scratch again!
  • After today, I think I would only want to run with a friend if I was not going for a pb. It was so tough with highs and lows, elation and despair, I couldn't expect someone else to stay with me throughout and so much of keeping going for me is inside my head, counting, upbeat chanting, focus, focus ,focus.
    Full race report on sub 2hr Half thread.

You will not be starting from scratch CR. We started from nothing, remember?
  • Great race report LY! Fantastic, well done.
    I'm very proud of you.

I know you'll be on a high for the rest of the week and it's well deserved.

They should have given you and Lynne a nice medal!

Hope you are not too sore today? And thanks for the encouragement! :-))
  • still basking in the post PB glow LY? I think come March you'll be significantly quicker than me anyway, so continue to do your own thing! I still don't know if I'm pacing gogi. (Goddess of good intentions, as she means to get out and run but seldom does!)

Seaweed - I'm glad to see that Ben's photo has made it here, is Lauren jealous? Just a reminder that I need your street address again please.

• Aaah, Monday mornings. I love them. I feel so full of energy!

Went for a lovely 50 min. run this morning, and I really enjoyed it. Yipeee!

Realised I'm not a lapsed runner. Having a couple of weeks break, doesn't mean the end of the world!

Revived some on my fondest memories from the marathon training,- running with LY at RP as one of the best!

OB,
    She's no longer a GOGI,
    She's a JUDI (just doing it) ;-))
  • of course you're not a lapsed runner, you were just a runner taking a short break - well done for being a Judi!

• I can't walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OB, I was just thinking that with all the long runs CR and I will be doing in the new year, maybe I wont find a mere 13.1 miles such a struggle by March. If you aren't pacing Gogi, maybe we could start off together and see how it goes. Every man for himself in the last mile though!
  • .. but boy can you run!!

LY, it's not an issue - and 13.1 WILL be a breeze for you soon!

• Oops . . sorry so busy flirting . . forgot to say . .

Forum Frolic Foto's in the usual place!!!

:-)
  • .. at least it's not with george!!!

• heh heh heh . .

sorry . . would lurve to hang around and fine tune our flirting skills . . but have to go to wuk . .

• Who are you flirting with Rich??
  • anyone who will listen to his drivel..................................me mainly!
  • Plummy, are you still thinking of coming to CPH? and what happened to the other leg?

LY - that RichK is such a tart!
  • at this rate there wont be enough of me in a reasonable enough state to get on the plane.
    Im waiting on a FLM place, once that arrives or doesnt then I know where I stand holiday wise and can plan a bit better, looks like i am going to have to drop Connemara despite paying for the ruddy thing as well.
    Its a pain in the butt
  • Great photos, Rich and lots of lovely forum girls there for you to flirt with. I wouldn't flirt with Petal though if I were you! FBF looks like he could be a bit scary!
  • are you falling apart then plum?
  • Plum, Hope you get well soon, whatever ails you.

OB, Was it unladylike of me to mention, er...you know....... Ratbag's bottom <blush>

I hope he doesn't start a trend.