Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• Pixie I plan to change socks and shorts and remember vasaline is my best friend!

Brit I'm running Grantham half, but will be up your neck of the woods for Scunthorpe half and Humber bridge half as these are part of the club series and a good excuse to go to my parents for Sunday lunch after!
  • I swam in a rash vest & trunks + wetsuit. Got changed into monaco tri shorts and long socks for the bike. Then for the run changed socks and shorts (to runners' short shorts).

Waaay to much time in T1 and T2.

• This is my plan i think

IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

I swam in a rash vest & trunks + wetsuit. Got changed into monaco tri shorts and long socks for the bike. Then for the run changed socks and shorts (to runners' short shorts).

Would you do anything differant Cat?

• Good mental workout then EP!

Tired Badger wrote (see)

This is my plan i think

IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

I swam in a rash vest & trunks + wetsuit. Got changed into monaco tri shorts and long socks for the bike. Then for the run changed socks and shorts (to runners' short shorts).

Would you do anything differant Cat?

I wouldn't spend so long in T1 or T2 image

I'd probably stick to the same shorts, but throw a pair of running shorts in T2 bag just incase. Same with socks. The rash vest meant my neck didn't chafe, so if that could be sorted I'd swim in the monaco too.

• 3.5 hr bike ( turbo) follow by 30min run. very pleased with myself especially as I could actually feel my feet running, bonus was no pain!
  • Great effort, RP - trying to build back up the running miles for my mara in Apr, so up at 5 for 8.75 miles this morning, and a full 3k swim set after work.

Dead sleepy now, mind!

• I'm close EP Baddesley , I plan to do the Pirate DIY HIM but i'll gladly join you on training rides. I normally do mine on sunday mornings
  • Swam the full distance yesterday though my arms were really aching after an hour.

2.5 hour run this morning. Not looking forward to my long bike on sunday. Might make it a bit shorter under the pretext of being around at home in case I'm needed to help with dinnerimage

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Wait and see what the weather is really like , if it's awful Turbo it.

Brcik session done this morning and 45 min run at lunch time which gave work colleagues a good giggle as my face is bright red. i could audition for the enw MArvel movie the Red Skull, wouldn't need any make up! image

• I went out in the rain yesterday EP. My husband said not to as weather was horrible but I did because I worry about what the weather will be like on the day. This is England after allimage

I don't know what the weather's like where you live but I'd opt for no 2image

• My advice if its just sloshing down and not icy is to get out and ride get them wet weather skills up it could be raining on race day
  • agree with ridge.stay out in the rain as long as you can......it i the hard rides that will make you stronger

• About 50 minutes in teh pool today, 2100m.

I know its well under what Fink is wanting right now, but bugge rme it was about the best swim session I've had. Ever.

Guess it shows what a good coach can do.

Very happy to feel goood about swimming again, and i didn't feel battered at the end. I might just survive until the run after all

• Really want a self pitying moan, but will leave it at that was a crap week of training! Legs felt heavy on the runs, no swimming due to work and binned this morning's bike after 75 minutes on the turbo as I knew my girls were playing in the house and I hadn't seen them in 3 days!

Anyone joining me in the wussy corner or are you all going to compound my misery with tales of 100mile bike rides in glorious sun with tailwinds the entire way?
  • Stanners from the Bridge wrote (see)
    Really want a self pitying moan, but will leave it at that was a crap week of training! Legs felt heavy on the runs, no swimming due to work and binned this morning's bike after 75 minutes on the turbo as I knew my girls were playing in the house and I hadn't seen them in 3 days!

Anyone joining me in the wussy corner or are you all going to compound my misery with tales of 100mile bike rides in glorious sun with tailwinds the entire way?

Write it up, learn from it and move on. It is now behind you so keep lookind forward. Over on the shorter tri thread we've been discussing family and training. Its never easy!

• H0NKH0NK ✭✭✭
    Stanners from the Bridge wrote (see)

wouldn't dream of it (it was headwinds the entire way) image Don't blame you for taking time off with your daughters though, got to be done sometimes,, I'm glad its getting lighter mornings as didn't feel so bad heading off this morning knowing rest of family would still be in bad for at least half my ride.

Pixie, I moved where I am now about the same time and also have trouble working out routes that avoid the major roads, wish I was back where I grew up when it comes to working out cycle routes. been on a few nice rides with tri club but can never remember the route when Im on my own.

• Early and i mean early mornings is the way, with a family plus the roads are quiet lovely i used to get back and showered from a long bike and my bunch were just getting up image