RW Forum Six – Sub 3.30

Congratulations !

Have fun ladies  image

Special mention on this thread to Shaggy who gave so much in a short time on these forums

Go grab your goals 

Comments

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Get in! image How exciting is this...???!!!!

Have you scared her off already? !

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

congratulations Sarah! you really deserve this place! image

• Briliant .looking forward to this threadimage

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    The last I heard if Sarah she was off to open a rude link I'd posted elsewhere....
  • Oh how exciting! Lucky Sarah getting such an inspirational mentor image

• Woohoo!

Minni - get her on 125 miles a week quick and see if she breaks.....

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    ***waves**** here Sarah, here! image
  • Haha, hi!

I've only just caught up with it all, I didn't know the winners were going to be announced today, I'm all excitable again now (probably not helped by the glass of wine I've just had whilst getting ready to go AND CELEBRATE).

I'm over the moon that I've been chosen as one of the final 6 and to have Minni as a mentor is fabulous. Having been on the forums for the last few weeks and getting to know Minni, there is no one I would want more as a mentor. I've already had so much wonderful advice and guidance from her, I cant wait for more. I know without doubt that I will stand the best chance to get my sub 3:30 with minni mentoring me.

I'm just about to go out and celebrate now (in addition to end my bday celebrations), I'm hoping I won't be following in my mentors foot steps in the morning however with Norwalk!!, but fingers crossed i will do with respects to the running tomorrow afternoon.x
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Sarah I'm so excited about doing this with you.  I'm so pleased you got picked.   Its gonna be fun! image

For tonignt we both need to go out on the lash so enjoy - you're going to be working damned hard from now on! image

Later! image

• Im on cloud 9, looking forward to the next 4 months already!

Thanks minni and bro....gona go and enjoy myself tonight.....mentors orders!

Note to self....don't post anything whilst drunk!
  • Sarah...........You can do what i did and beat your mentors PBimage

• That won't be hard..... image

• AndyAAndyA ✭✭✭

Well done Sarah.

I'm aiming for sub 3:30 as well and from what I've read on the other forum I reckon we're probably quite well matched so I'll be following your progress with interest!

• Sarah -  Congrats and enjoy.  How's it going to work, do you choose your plan and Minni is there for advice/info or does Minni  set the plan?

• I wonder what the approach to overall mileage will be as opposed to the Asics plans?

• Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

Sarah - congrats and enjoy the mentoring from Minni. Will be keeping an eye from afar as you are too fast for me. A nice late birthday early Christmas present. image

• Should be good. Will be following keenly! Have fun!
  • congrats Sarah, you're a bit speedy for me but I'll still look in, as the advice given should be transferable to slower target times. 

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Sarah - very well done, you really deserve this and you have a top mentor there too!

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭
    Y-A-Y well done Super Sarah!! I knew you had a really good chance of making it. I've seen right from the start Minni has been very encouraging & I also think you sound perfectly matched image I hope we are all going to meet up at the "letter meeting point section" at the end of the '13 VLM. I'm already thinking of these things image xox CarroT
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Barry - give us a chance! We're in the hydration phase at the mo!
  • Congratulations Sarah!! What fab news!! Woo woo!! And Minni is going to be amazing as a mentor!!

Will be watching with interest!! image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Here is Sarah's pitch with her pbs:

Have you been shunned by Asics? Yes

Stuck in a training rut? Yes although i didnt realise this until I joined the 3:30 thread.

Got a marathon place? VLM 2013

Busy busy busy and no time to train?? Extremly busy and now I have even less time due to having to catch up with jobs I didnt do over the last week due to trying to win a competition which appeared to not be winnable!

???As alot of you are aware im an ASICS 26.2 reject, however I do still have a spring marathon to run and do still want to achieve my aim of a sub 3:30. Having spoken to many of you already on here, I can not think of anything I would want more than to be coached/mentored by one of you......to achieve my aim and show the ASICS team that I didnt need them in the end!

I started running just over two years ago, initially to keep fit and destress after qualifying to become a doctor but later i also did it for enjoyment and satisfaction. As my love for running grew, I started to enter races and joined some running clubs. My running has improved over the last couple of years and my race times have quickened but I would like them to become quicker still. My parents were both good runners (I won't bore you with the history again, but if your interested you can have a look at my long thread under vote SO4) and I feel like I live in their shadows at times. When I go to races in Sheffield people expect me to be as good as my mum, but I'm far from this at the moment. My mum is supportive (saying she had alot more time to train than me) but my dad torments me saying I will never achieve their PBs. This is were I'm hoping forum 6 comes in. Not only will they help me achieve my goals and show ASICS 26.2 that I don't need them, but hopefully it will also show everyone in the running community in Sheffield that I'm as good as my parents. I know I can do it...I have the genes...that together with the correct coaching/mentoring would be the perfect combination.

I do have a busy life, working at least 11-12 hour days, at least 4 days a week, playing netball 1-2 a week, constantly going to Sheffield/Newcastle at the weekends to visit friends and family....the list goes on...but I'm also a very determined and focused individual who will give at least 110% into everything she does.

My current PBs are
    5k 20:28 (on the track at boot camp, not a race)
    10k 43:21
    Half 1:35:54
    Marathon 3:47:45 VLM 2012 (with an interrupted training plan due to illness).

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    seren nos yn canu wrote (see)

Sarah...........You can do what i did and beat your mentors PBimage

That's what worries me!

Mr Puffy wrote (see)

I wonder what the approach to overall mileage will be as opposed to the Asics plans?

I think the mileage in the Asics plans is way too high.  I'm sure you can run a marathon off 1 run per week.... image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

So, I think Sarah has huge potential and her times are really good.  I'm not going to mention that her 5k is fast than mine image  Oops I just did!  The 1:35 half shows that 3:30 should be well within her grasp so long as she gets the endurance side right. 

I guess the hardest thing will be fitting in work and other sporting commitments but it can be done.

Sarah what races do you have lined up?  Is netball every week and will this continue? 

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Finally, a bit of background about me.

I am not a coach and have not undertaken any training in this department! 

I have been running for lots of years now and ran my first marathon in 2003 - 3:43.  I thought all I had to do was keep running and I'd get quicker over the distance but 2010 brought yet another one just over the 3:30.   I then changed my training completely (actually I just started to train properly) and with the help of Dubai Dave in 2011 finally cracked the 3:30.   I'd decided if I got sub 3:30 it would be my last marathon but then realised I could probably go quicker and signed my life over to Moraghan and my marathon PB is now 3:20.

Everything I know I've learnt from the girls and guys on the sub 3:30 and sub 3:15 threads, Moz and through experience.

Right, over to you Sarah...

• Minni you are obviously not drinking enough if you are still up at this hour !!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I've had four hours sleep. image