New shoes = lower leg pain - Do I persevere?

I have just changed my shoes from Adidas Swoop 2 to Asics Gel Trabuco Fuji 14 and 1/2 mile into an initial run started getting quite sever pain in my lower legs which lasted for the entire 3.5 mile run. I've noticed that the profile of these shoes is quite different fromt he Swoop which have much less of a heel height and are much more flexible. Is it normal to hurt with a new pair of trainers until they are 'broken in'? Should I persevere with them or ditch sell them on as nearly new and try something a bit different?  

Comments

• the trabucos are for those who want some stability for overpronation but in a trail shoe....

do you suffer from overpronation............

I take it the swoop are for neutral runners which most trail shoes are......

why did you change and whay did you chose the trabucos

• I developed Insertional Achilles Tendonitis whilst in the last pair which kept me off the trails for about 6 months, so thought I'd go for something with more cushioning and also fancied trying something new...

• there are so many different types of shoes which are designed to help runners.but wearing a pair that does one job whne you haven't got that problem is just asking for problems.........

i would sus out what kind of runner yoiu are then choose from the appropriate range..

tendonitis is rarely to do with the shoes.usually comes from further up image

• I believe I'm fairly neutral and was under the impression that the Trabucos I bought were a neutral version. The tendonitis was caused, according to the physio, by tight calves which I'm now stretching but I do feel the tendonitis slightly still which is why I thought I'd go for something cushioned.

• I believe they have some support for over pronation which is why you might be getting some pain wearing them.............

as well as stretching the calves check out the glutes.. weak glutes are often the reason why the calves get tight............

there are cushioned trail shoes around that won't give the stability control.......like the adidas kandia or the  nike air pegasus trail ones i believe.but check out the websites of the shoes you are interested in and read the garb first