Sunday 6th January 2013

It's astounding, time is fleeting

Good morning. Just back from a late party, and my legs feel like they've done 100 miles. Last hard? That would be the accumulated fatigue from this weekend.
Swimming tonight for me.

Comments

• Ha - I had exactly that problem after my work xmas party.  Too much dancing! I could barely walk never mind run the next day!!

what: 2hr long run down form the hotel and around the Wakatipu lake to the end by te airport and back.  Its lovely bike trails the whole way so some walkers and cyclists but no traffic.  Very nice. It was very slow - a mix of sore legs from the hill running and the heat (another 29deg day today - not too bad when I started at 8am but I was pretty hot and thirsty by 10)

why: LSR - ideally I wouldnt do an LSR the day after a serious hill run but its the holidays and I'll do whatever works for me and the family!

now at the airport waiting for my plane back to Wellington.  OH and the kids are staying another day but I've got to get back to work image

• Morning!

Up early to say good by to Scottish-Australian visitor who is off back to Sydney via a couple of weeks in Thailand.

What: probably something along the lines of 10 x 150 metres again, repeating Thursday's effort
    Why: run/walk seems to be the only way forward. Not sure when I will fit it in though: more birthday catering. Twins are 23 today. Now where did those years go?

Lyrics: no

M: you seem to be training well at present.

RFJ: a good day's racing!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Breakdown by Tom Petty.

Were you dancing to this Blisters? Hope the legs are ok this morning.

Kids M? Fast work or the OH's?  Shame about the return to the real world.

I'm guessing you have them both at home to celebrate then Alehouse? Enjoy the occasion.

What:            not very long, slow run
    Why:             tapering
    Last hard:     last year
    Last rest:      last year

Lyrics - of course.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

alehouse hope things are progressing good and a happy birthday to your twins!

lmh, enjoy the tapering run

m that lsr sounds idyllic, hopefully the sort of run I will do in a week!

blisters hope your legs can recover from partying!

hoing my legs and indeed whole body will let me do something gentle today after yesterdays Essex xctry championships  - sticky slippy mud and hills, saw lots fall over fast slow and middle pace, that mud did not care! happy to say I stayed upright and not in spikes!

what: recovery 3 miles

why: all time and body will allow

last hard: yesterday

last easy: friday

have a lovely sunday all I am taking 2great nieces and 1 niece off to see Barmy Britain later - should be fun!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all, 
    M - that run sounds idyllic..
    wabo - well done yesterday, not only with running but staying on two feet. 

what - 90-100min long run around Eastleigh
    why - have 2 hours to kill (eldest at county hockey assessment)
    last rest - 23 days
    last hard - Thursday
    Youngest did well in day 1 of new year swim meet: improved county time at 50m backstroke to claim 1st place, and followed that with 3rd in 100m butterfly. This afternoon's session she has 50m 'fly,100 free & 200 IM. 

have a great Sunday 

• alehouse - yes I've thrown myself back into a bit faster than I normally would.  Seems to be ok though. I'm enjoying having something to train for.  Happy birthday to the twins.  Take it easy on that achilles!

LMH - definitely OHs! They are 13, 8 and 6 and live with us half the time.  It certainly makes things pretty full on, but also a lot of fun. What are you tapering for?

Well done on XC Wabo - its steadily becoming something I quite enjoy but I'm definitely more competent on roads! Sounds like quite a lot of fun - especially when you are not the one falling over.

Thats quite a sporty family you've got there Dustin! Congrats to the youngest, and fingers crossed for the eldest!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Jumps up and down as know the lyrics for once... thanks Blisters

Dustin, well done to the Jnr's

Wabo - Good XC

M - Its a shame work has to get in te way of our running and family time...

What - 7.5m
    Why - Easy Run
    Last hard - yesterday
    Last Rest - Weds

51.61m for the 1st week of Mara Training... Happy image

• Morning again!

Wabo: I think I'd struggle with cross country without spikes or studs.

Decent first week, indeed, RFJ. My what turned out to be 4 x 300 and 2 x 350 very slow with stretches in between and part of a 40 minute walk. Legs felt tired from yesterday's walking and both shins were sore. At least they were equally sore, any issue is not directly related to the Achilles repair.

For those who remember her, Clink has just emailed to say she enjoyed her own muddy county cross country champs yesterday.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Great start to the new swim season there Dustin - hope this afternoon goes as well.

I have Brass Monkey half marathon on the 20th M - my yearly attempt at a PB for the distance (often the only half I race).

Don't push it too quickly Alehouse.

I'm tired. Struggled to raise HR on my run though the pace wasn't too bad once I got going - seems to take a while these days!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Actually I am determined to be very careful, LMH! I'm usually impatient to return after injury, but have decied for the first few weeks it will be short runs (I can walk faster!) 3 times a week, probably Thurs, Sun then Tues. Gradual increase in distance (Thurs was a total of 1500 metres in 10 sections, today was 1900 in 6 parts). Need to up the stretching!

• What: had intended to kayak ...
    Why: ... but met the advance party after church rather tired after their first leg and weather looking to deteriorate so decided to give it a miss. The weather has deteriorated so not disappointed.
    Last Hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: no

We're taking a daughter + bf out for a meal this evening

• Swim session done, and I feel better for it, but more sleep and some rest would also benefit. After drills, we had 12 sets of 100m with 20s rest. I got to 10.

LMH, good luck on the Brass Monkey Half. If I recall correctly it was always the target HM for BarnsleyRunner and a few other DT afficionados from years back. Wardi might be there too (Tadcaster blue battenburg vest, and black mop head hair).

Lyrics: The Timewarp. Be warned, it's having a revival, and has even been on TV.