Pirate outings in 2014

Comments

• Matt I think a few did that when we went before, also its only 30 mins or so to Monte Carlo for a day trip .... 

• I am marshalling at Cotswold 113 in a couple of weeks so I will sound out Graeme (RO) to see if there is any further news on a potential date for the 226

• Ooops - nothing to see here from me.

(edit due to mixing up topics - Doh!)

• slimshadyslimshady ✭✭✭

Max, I'm in the same boat in some ways as dont think I can afford a European IM next year.  Was thinking of the Forestman as I've only heard good reports and fairly cheap. image  Although I might take a year off...but I say that every year! 

• Slim i am having a major purge on my spending habits i waste tons of cash on relacing kit that is still usable just cos i fancy new stuff and buying tri gadgets that i do not really need i think if i am pretty strict with myself i could get a trip abroad sorted it will be to late for Roth but if IM France is still open and if i have saved sufficient cash??

If i do not go abroad i have something in mind but dont know if i have the guts to go for its basically Norseman but with midges

Celtman! Have a look at the video belowimage

http://www.cxtri.com/

• Hi Pirates, 

Hope that you have a good season 2013.

For 2014, we should have also an Olympic Distance on saturday 30th August. 

Now, you can choose to race a full distance ( 31th August 2014) , half distance  ( 31th August 2014) or an olympic distance and for your family , 5K Fun Run and Junior Challenge ( duathlon). 

See you

Gael Mainard 

Race director Challenge Vichy

www.challengevichy.com 

• Thank you gael .. you will find a few pirates in Vichy no doubt but the majority will be going to IM Nice, you need to get in earlier with your pitches   image

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Dearest pirates,

I'd like to make a formal apology because I have been spreading lies and misinformation.  Somewhere I thought we had decided to go to Switzerland in 2015 because Austria fills very quickly.  I have been erroneously propagandising this decision.  However, having just read this whole thread through from start to finish I can now see that a democratic decision WAS made to go to Austria in 2015.  It was concluded that people would just have to get organised more quickly enter.

Therefore I retract my previous statements about Switzerland and endorse, nay, join the call for Austria 2015.

Yours

Mousicles

• Oh .. are we back to the start again ?? !!

There was talk, somewhere, about approaching someone like Nirvana so that we could get a block booking and guarantee the numbers which is also worth consideration

I did also think that Switzerland was agreed ..

• There will be so many of us in Austria that the Austrians will think it's a neo-Nazi rally! That's never happened before!

Oh, hang on...image

• Just to throw a spanner in and im sure it was discussed, the 10th anniversay of Austria 2004 is Austria 2014, the 10th anniversay of Switzerland 2005 is 2015.

How did we end up with Austria 2015? 

Im not to precious about either personally, would prefer Austria as ive already done Switzerland twice but Switzerland is easier to get into.

I guess we should go with the event that reprents the true anniversary?

• That was my thoughts as well Barlos

Although we did say that it would very piratey to go somewhere totally different ... so that puts us back to sq 1  image

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Barley - I believe that it was decided that pirates never do as they are told and thus don't care if it was Austria in 2014 and Switzerland in 2015 and that they would do Austria 2015 anyway.  If you read back through this thread, which, sadly, I've just done, the Austria 2004/2014 and Switzerland 2005/2015 argument was presented and disregarded.  If you read what people have contributed, everybody who has expressed a preferance wants Austria over Switzerland in spite of the anniversary facts.  There's a second wave of people, like me who will do either but I don't think (please don't make me read it again) anybody actually said they'd rather do Switzerland.  The popular choice is Austria, it really is.  Shall we call Austria?  Actually, you've already called it once (page 5) and so has Seren (page 20).

So, for the third time.

Austria 2015.

• Austria 2015! Yay!

Oh, and Vichy 2013, obviously.image There will be two of us in the full and two in the half.

• Mouse ... which one do you want ??   imageimage

So thats three in total then Crashy?

• I'll go whatever's decided, assuming I get permission image

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I really don't mind but based on the facts presented to me, I get the impression Austria is the better race.  After doing Lanza, Wales and spectating at Nice, ahem, I'd probably prefer the flattest. image

Democratically, having re-read the thread, more people want Austria.

Austria 2015!

What time of year is Austria?  Can we go back to Bala too?  If we did that, I'd probably go off pop with excitement.

• Yes, three in total image

Should mean a prize for everyone at the Pirate party image

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Dare I ask who the 2nd half participant is going to be?

• Bala than Austria 2015, sorted then image

• Could probably persuade hubby to go to Austria in 2015 image

Ridgebackmax wrote (see)

If i do not go abroad i have something in mind but dont know if i have the guts to go for its basically Norseman but with midges

Celtman! Have a look at the video belowimage

http://www.cxtri.com/

I've got my eye on that for next year

• NR it's still on my list somewhere but Nice 2014 has shifted over its the need for a support crew and accompanying runner that's a pain

• Austria. Awesome. 

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

just to throw my weighty presence in

2014 was blown out as the 10th anniversary as it was "agreed" (as much as you fuckers can agree on anything) that 2015 really represented the 10th anniversary of the first pirate ship sailing.  sure 2004 was a start to an extent but the PSOF thing came about as a consequence of that exploratory trip.  it's like saying who discovered America - Columbus is credited but Erik the Red got there a few 100 years earlier in reality.

and I really can't see why IMCH needs to be the 10th anniversary trip - it's been done twice, yet the Austria 2007 trip was one of the best and it has yet to be done again as big group.   

even we could be tempted to come out of retirement - stop fecking sniggering at the back image - for Austria 2015.  Petal has a score to settle there and I haven't but wtf...   note the key word - tempted - that is not a committment.  other things would need to happen to make it a commitment......image

• I missed Austria the first time round so I'd vote Austria. Your photos made it look beeeeauuutiful.
  • What was that  you were saying on Saturday FB image

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

the temptation is always there TL - it's the need that isn't image

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Cougs/FB - as far as I can tell, the voting is over.  It's been called several million times that it's Austria 2015, nobody is strongly arguing in favour of Switzerland.  I think it's really funny that we've swapped them as there's something distinctly piratey about not quite managing to agree on the anniversary year nor race so this seems a perfectly pirately solution.

I think Barlos or Meldy should just start the thread now....

• I've never done and always wanted to race Austria