Wednesday 20th Feb 2013

Morning

Todays lyrics:Only came outside to watch the night fall with the rain

yesterdays lyrics: Everything she does is magic. The Police

What:4M Steady

Why: Just did it

Thanks you lot for best wishes and advice re latest family teenager. She'll be shattered today.

Catch up time

Comments

• Morning.

Sounds like a good time was had SC.

Ouch NZC - hope it doesn't hurt too much.

It was a nice afternoon for a ride Blisters.

I take it that's your 'other' passport Stickless? Hope you're handier with the make up than I am!

We're forecast more of the white stuff for the weekend chickadeee.

When do you hope to be back running Alehouse?

What:                    easy run
    Why:                     miles make smiles
    Last hard:             last year
    Last rest:              15/2

Lyrics - not today.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: another walk
    Why: caution post op...still feel a bit bruised.

LMH: it is going to be a case of "watch this space" re when I run again. Initially I will just throw some short sections of running into the walks and see how I cope both in terms of the prostate and Achilles treatments.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

3 miles easy last night, well ish!

Alehouse, hopefully the soreness will ease soon

lmh, my miles didnt make lots of smiles this morning lol!

what: 10 miles d&d this monring in 1.37

why: going cinema tonight with a mate so it had to be done, it was moany groany grumpy and bumpy but I did it!

last hard: this morning believe me!

last easy: monday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello all,
    more nice running postie, donaldo, wabo and SC.
    NZC - ouch, but hopefully you'll soon be back with it.
    last night was Paarlauf x15 - about 250m including a short, steep hill on each rep + very little recovery time. Easy mile or so w/u & c/d, but legs felt tired towards the end.
    today - heading out shortly for 6 or 7 along the Thames (or maybe canary wharf)
    why - recovery miles before easing back for Saturday's Nationals.
    last rest - Friday
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - oh yes, classic song - bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop
    & I can't believe I used to dress like that....

• Hi all

NZC: ouch

Stick: Nothing can be as bad as my passport photo

Emzap: Lots of doubles and some triples, 0500 starts, where there is a means there is a way

What: 80 miles on the bike
    Why: Not working so have the time
    Last Hard: Oh boy that was, tired legs, howling head wind on return leg, blowing sand and then it rained, peddling downhill flat out and making 10MPH
    Last Rest: Too long

Lyrics: no as always 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

I admire you DD!

What: probably nothing
    Why: it's snowing really hard and I'm scared of falling over!

Am debating a 10 mile race on Saturday.  Just looked at last year's results and I'd be right at the back of the field.  Also, there were only 2 women last year out of about 100 runners.  Should I do it?  Think it'd be a good warm up to the half marathon in about 5 weeks.

Wabo well done for getting through that!

Have a good day all.

• emzap: why not?

postie postie wrote (see)

Chick I saw him a few weeks ago. He's cycling in the same style he used to run. Rach organises the Newbury park run so is found there most Saturday mornings. He is currently working in London and has or is trying to commute on his bike once a week, his normal crazy self.

Thanks for the Gobi update image. Must bookmark his blog again. I used to pop in every now and again to check what crazy antics he was up to.

NZChristine wrote (see)

What: Nothing and looks like it will be nothing for a week at least. I went yesterday to have some skin lesions removed off my face and the surgeon said he may as well fix the cut on my chin as well. It was only afterwards that they said I couldn't run until after the stitches come out - next Tuesday, so my marathon training is taking a hiding! 

Ouch! Heal well.

what: 15 miles, av. pace 8:11, 10 faster miles in the middle (between 7:39 and 7:57, depending on the wind)
    why: I love my MLRs
    last hard: yesterday was harder
    last rest: 11/2
    lyrics: no

• Afternoon

What 14.83
    Why MWLR
    Lyrics no

Areal struggle this morning with tired legs from yesterday. Omitted the 15+ detour as I was worried about time. Looks like an easier 7 with hills tomorrow for various reasons.

• Afternoon!

What: just over 5k walked...very wet and muddy underfoot, and a very cold wind
    Why: need to get fit not fat!

I ran slowly for about 50 metres but the jarring told me that I am not ready to run yet, and probably not for a little while yet: it is only 5 days since the op so hardly surprising and I suspect the consultant would be surprised I can comfortably walk for an hour.

Decent MWLRs from Postie, Wabo, Chick

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Take it easy Alehouse.

Yup, it's midweek, and that means different things to different people, be it easy, mid-long, fast, or rest! Personally I'm now doubtful about achieving anything, having been chasing my tail all day. Wifey's birthday tomorrow, and she'll be expecting a surprise, preferably one taken from her list.

Emzap, if there are only a handful of females in the race then it's a definite target for a podium isn't it?

Lyrics? Clearly yesterday's should have been easy for me. But once I'd got "She's not there" (Zombies, a one hit wonder) as an ear worm I was stuffed.
    Today? Not even a mis-heard ear worm.

• Hello! 6 miles XC tonight, 51:30.  Took the dug! Lyrics - aye!

• Evening all!

NZC: that's not handy for marathon training, indeed...

Stickless: at least you'll have a story to tell every time you go through Immigration. "Yeah I was training for this mountain marathon, y'know..." image

Alehouse: don't run before you can walk- and you don't have to run immediately (though I understand it is frustrating!)

LMH: ah yes, Mr T. Hm, I guess the best way to describe it is a combination of "on stand-by" and "It's complicated", for over a year now. I doubt I would have applied for anything in the US otherwise, but I have to fend for myself and if that takes me there, then so be it. He's more than welcome to visit- we're still friends and still regularly in touch.

What: 4M very easy

Why: legs were taiji-ed out from yesterday. Felt good to do the basic 24 form after about 10 years image

Last hard: Tue

Last rest: Mon

Lyrics: no. Doesn't surprise you, does it?

• Sorry Tinebeest.

Alehouse - I expect that's more than he would think most people could do at this stage.

12 miles for me so not long enough for Blisters to count as MLR and no faster bits like chickadeee but having run the 20 on Monday I'm happy just to get the miles in. Going to keep it a little lighter for the rest of the week as all being well I'm going to run a half marathon on Sunday, not expecting great things with the mileage I've been doing but it should be a good harder effort.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Heal quick and well NZC

Rest day here after 7 days of running and 62m....

Very busy and slightly stressed

Take care

• What: Day CPD on Sports and Exercise Medicine
    Why: sounded interesting and need to get some CPD credits
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Monday

Wet morning caused a dirth of taxis in Aberdeen when bus didn't turn up so had fast walk to hospital this morning. Went to see Les Mis previous evening, - good in parts but mixed overall. Just back home.
    Not sure if I'll get another LSR in before Loch Katrine.

• LMH: I would call 12 miles a mid-week long run! Anything over 10, I would say, as long as it is the second long run of the week (or more!).

Actually I am not finding not being able to run at all frustrating: it would be nice if I could run, but am really pleased to be able to walk a decent amount so soon after the treatment. I won't even think about running again before Sunday at the earliest, and if I don't then, on the scale of things it doesn't really matter.

• LMH: not to worry! image That's life. And 12M is more than my long run at the mo, so it counts as MLR in my books.

Alehouse: keep up the good spirits!